A Thousand Diamonds

Difficult Questions

Zach’s POV:

“Please tell me Teal saw the song!” I say when the other guys get up around noon. Cam and Mikey check their phones and look at me.

“Yeah, she saw it.” Mikey tells me.

“Now the girls and her parents have left the house to let her be alone with her thoughts.” Cameron continues. Crap, I’ve messed up more than I know.

“But at least she saw it. That’s all I can do for now. What state are we in?” I ask.

“Looks like we’re in Nevada right now. We’ll be at the venue in about an hour.” Cameron tells me.

“Okay. And we’ll be in Oregon the 23 right?”

“Yup, we can have you back to the mall by 2 with time to spare.”

“Thank you, Cameron. I’m glad you can keep track of our schedule.” I have to get her back somehow.

“Anything to keep you happy.” We get to the venue and unpack everything.

“Guys, it’s time for sound check and fan questions.” Our manager tells us.

“Okay, we’ll be right out.” I say. Finally something to get my mind off Teal for now.

“Hey, girls, who’s got a question?” Cameron asks and one girl raises her hand. We pass her the mic.

“Did Teal take you back yet? That video was a really cute idea!” She squeals at the end and my heart sinks.

“Do you want to answer that?” Michael asks and I nod.

“No, she didn’t take me back yet. I haven’t spoken to her today, but she’s pretty upset right now.” Another girl shoots her hand up.

“What did you do to her?”

“Alright, that is enough questioning for now.” Cameron butts in. “If you have any more Teal questions you can keep wondering because none of us are answering.”

“Can I ask a non-Teal question?” One girl yells.

“Go for it.” I tell her.

“If Teal doesn’t take you back, can I date you?” Definitely Teal related.

“No.” I say and the mic is taken from her then. “We’re playing three songs for sound check then you’ll have to wait until the show for more.” I joke, moving on from Teal. One week until I hopefully have her back in my arms. We play three songs from our first album and go backstage.

“How are you doing?” Michael asks.

“Better than people would think, but I still feel like crap. I should have listened when you guys told me not to date her.”

“No, Zach, that was wrong of us. You two do love each other and you will work it out somehow.” Cameron tells me.

“I really hope you’re right about this. Can we start out by saying no Teal questions for the rest of the week?”

“Sure, Zach.” Michael says. “We know you can’t handle it right now.”

“Hey, Cam, we do have Christmas day off, don’t we?” I ask. I really need to know the shows better.

“Yeah. Are you hoping to spend it with Teal?”

“Yup. If Christmas Eve works out like I’m hoping.” We had been planning to surprise the girls on Christmas, but now we’ll just be a day early.

****************************************