A Thousand Diamonds

Zach Meets Teal

Zach’s POV:

I hated that other girls came in just before I was going to talk to this brown haired beauty. She’s something special and she took my breath away the first time I saw her. She looks so familiar, but I don’t know how.

“Zach, she’s a fan, you can’t do this. What about all the other fans we have?” Cameron is looking at me.

“You can’t honestly tell me you didn’t feel something for the red haired girl that stalked you in here.” She’s crazy but I saw the look on his face.

“Sure I felt something but she’s a fan! We can’t date fans this early.”

“I don’t care what you do, I’m doing what I want.” I tell him and start to walk when Mikey speaks up.

“Zach, Cameron’s right. I like the other brunette that was with them, but we can’t do this yet. We can’t lose fans before we have them.” How can they say this right now?

“I don’t know about you, but I would rather have one real fan than have 4 billion fans that can’t accept the girls we love!” I can’t even believe we’re talking about this right now.

“Okay, if you really like her then go for it. Michael, he has a really valid point. And I do really like the girl that attacked me.”

“Thank you, Cam.” I get my water and prepare for our intro. Michael follows us.

“Those girls are pretty hot.” I roll my eyes and laugh. This our first big show.

“Guys, we’re on.” I say and we run out. Right in the front is the girl and her friends. Of course my nerves just sky rocketed from where they were. She smiles and screams really loud.

“So, we’re Allstar Weekend and this our first show. We’re glad you guys came out to see us. I’m Cameron, that’s Zach, and over on drums is Michael.”

“Yup, that’s us!” Mikey says.

“As Cam said, we’re super excited you came out. This means a lot to us that we’ve gained so many fans this early.” There might be about a hundred or so out there right now. We play a few songs from the CD we just released and the crowd screams along. I feel dead by the time it’s over, but I’m beyond ready to meet these girls.

“Wow, Zach, you guys were really good!” I turn and see her.

“Thanks. I know we met earlier today, but have I seen you before then?” I ask her. She blushes and laughs. Her laugh is breath taking.

“Probably not. My friends and I are from here, but we kind of lay low.”

“Maybe I’ve just seen you out and around then. What’s your name?” I ask before she leaves.

“I’m Teal.” That is such a pretty name. “Thank you. My mom’s favorite color is teal.”

“Did I say that out loud?” Now I’m really embarrassed.

“No, but it was on your face and it’s what everyone says when I tell them.” I can see she’s kind of annoyed by it.

“Maybe I’ll see you around later.” I tell her.

“Yeah, maybe you will.” She starts to walk off.

“Bye, Teal.”

“Bye, Zach.” She almost looks sad as she says it. I can’t believe I’m going to do this.

“Teal, give me your number. If you want to go out sometime.” She smiles and writes it down.

“I would love to go out sometime.”

***************************************
.