A Thousand Diamonds

Better Questions

Zach’s POV:

“Are you girls sure you’re okay with hanging on the bus until the show starts? We just don’t want fans to hurt you backstage.” I ask them and I’m starting to wonder if this is going to end well.

“Zach, we’ll be fine.” Tanya says and I trust her to protect Teal. Michael definitely picked the toughest of the girls.

“Really, sweetie, we’ll be okay until the show starts. We’re big girls now.” Teal kisses me on the cheek.

“Okay, if there’s any trouble just scream.” I tell her before closing the door. I hear the girls laughing and I know they’ll be fine.

“You worry way too much.” Michael tells me.

“I know, I just don’t want Teal to get hurt. We just got engaged and she told the fans. So far they’re taking it well, but you know how some of them are.”

“Breathe and focus on the positive. We’ll see how sound check questions go. We can always advise them to stay on the bus if we have to.” Cameron sounds reasonable.

“Okay, we have an hour to get ready for that.” We go out and see a large group of girls waiting.

“Hey, what’s up?” Michael says in his mic and they all turn and scream.

“We will take four questions before we play a few songs for you.” Cameron explains to all of them. One girl’s hand shoots up and we give her the first question.

“When are you and Teal getting married? It’s adorable that you got back together!” She shrieks and the other girls follow.

“Actually, neither of us has really thought about it yet. Sometime after tour is over.” Another hand shoots up.

“Can we meet Teal? Is she with you?” I give that question to Cameron.

“Yes, she is along with her friends, the girls that Mikey and I are dating. They’ll be at the show later tonight and if they feel like it, meet and greets after.” I hear a girl say she can’t wait to meet them. Now I know this was a good idea.

“Anymore questions?” Mikey asks them and one girls grabs the mic.

“How did you win her back? Was it super romantic?” There are so many questions about Teal. I guess I should have expected this.

“I got her friends to make her go to the mall. I was playing Santa for the day and she came over because her friends told her to let loose and be a kid. She said she wanted her boyfriend back even though she knew it wasn’t possible. She said how much she missed me then got up to leave. When she was made to come back for a picture, I took off the beard and proposed. She was so happy.” I go off in to dream world and Cameron slaps me back. “As you all know, she said yes.”

“That is so sweet!” Everyone yells. I see a few girls tearing up and I laugh.

“Alright, we have time for one more question.” Cameron says, but no one has anything. We play a few songs then go backstage. Teal, Shelly, and Tanya are waiting when we get back there.

“We just couldn’t wait to see you. Sounds like the fans love us already.” Teal kisses me. This is going to be a great tour.

***************************************
.