Status: On hiatus.

Reunion

Prologue

"So Dan asked me to the dance." Brooke watched her friend Veronica apply another thick coat of pearly pink lipstick in the mirror.

"Oh." She was beyond disappointed, her heart breaking little by little as she continued to watch her friend apply more makeup to her face. But she wouldn't hold it against Ronnie. And if she made Dan happy, that was what mattered, right? Veronica was probably more his type anyway, a cheerleader should be with their star hockey forward, not a bookish mousy girl like herself.

"I'm sorry, Brooke." Veronica leaned in and started applying a fresh coat of mascara. "I mean, I was trying to talk you up, but he said he didn't like you like that anyway. So I said yes. I hope we're okay?"

"Yeah, sure."

Ronnie leaned in for an air kiss with a smile on her face. "Oh, I knew you'd understand! See you in English!"

"Ten bucks your name wasn't even mentioned." Brooke jumped a little as her best friend Lee exited a bathroom stall.

She avoided her friends gaze, playing with the hem of her shirt while looking down at the floor tile. "Ronnie wouldn't do that, she's our friend."

"I think calling her our 'friend' is a stretch."

"Can we just go to Biology now? I don't want to talk about it." But her voice cracked on the last word, and before she could stop herself, Brooke was crying. Lee pulled her into a hug, silently holding her until the sobs stopped wracking her body.
♠ ♠ ♠
Anything in italics is a flashback.

I was having trouble finding inspiration for my latest Tom Hardy story, so I figured I'd try something else. This story is very near and dear to my heart. It's been rolling around in my head for at least a year now. If anything was "my baby," it's this.

Not to mention my Winnie needed some love. Not a single Daniel Winnik fanfic on Mibba!

Please, please comment and recommend. Comments keep me writing. It makes me more excited to write when others are excited by my stories too.