Status: On hiatus.

Reunion

seven

"You don't think it's cliche?" Dan ran a hand through his hair as he fought off a yawn. He sat in the desk chair, her on the bed with his speech in hand. His handwriting hadn't changed a bit since high school.

"No." He shot her a look. "Ok, maybe a little," Brooke laughed out, loving the smile he gave her in return. It may have been a decade since high school, but he still gave her butterflies. She wasn't sure if the thought pleased her or horrified her.

"So you really think it's okay?"

"You'll be fine, Dan." She reached over and gave his hand a squeeze.

"That means a lot. Thanks, Brooke."

"Anytime." She fought off a yawn as she said it.

"I think that's my cue," Dan said with a smile.

"N-n-n-no," she yawned out again, dropping his hand to cover her mouth. "Really, I'm okay."

He stood and leaned over, giving her a peck on her cheek, seeming to linger again. But then he shifted ever so slightly, just staring at her, his breath on her lips. Brooke was paralyzed by his eyes, she couldn't have moved away even if she wanted to. Her heart raced, her head started to spin. He smelled of whiskey and mint and it was simply intoxicating.

"Brooke," he whispered, moving a hand up to cup her cheek. Her name was almost a song on his lips. She closed her eyes, relishing in his touch. And then her world was tipping, his hands on her back to dip her onto the bed, Dan hovering over her. His weight pressed against her body and she could feel his lips on her eyelids, her nose, her chin, dear God her neck.

His voice was low, nearly a growl when he spoke against her jaw, his stubble tickling her. "Do you have any idea how long I've-"

"Brooke?" Lee's voice was muffled as she knocked on the adjoining room's door. "You still up? I forgot my toothpaste, can I use yours?"

Brooke closed her eyes and took a steadying breath as she felt Dan's weight shift off of her. "Yeah, hon, give me a minute," she called out. She reluctantly sat up in bed, her heart still racing. "Dan, I-"

"No, it's okay, I should be going." His smile was almost guilty.

"Oh." She couldn't hide the disappointment in her voice. She walked him to her door, fighting off tears. They had been so close.

Dan stopped in her doorway and leaned in to give her a chaste kiss on the cheek. "Good night, Brooke."

"Night, Dan."

She watched him walk halfway down the hall before he stopped to turn back to her. "Hey, can I take you to breakfast tomorrow?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm begging for some comments and feedback here. Please?