The Sky Under the Sea

We will bring the Tidal waves.

"Morning K"

I turned to see the familiar voice was right here in my room. I opened my eyes and jumped off the bed. How he got in or why, I have no idea..

" Vic how the hell did you get in here?"
"Does it matter?"
"Of course it does fucking matter!" he shuffled closer to me and kissed me. I didn't know what to do except lay there and hope no one was here.

*knock knock*

Fuck my life. I stayed frozen for a few seconds when Vic went for the window and disappeared just like nothing. I guess thats how he got in the first place. I got up and went to take a quick shower, trying to take my mind off of the last few days. When I got out I changed and went to the main room for a bowl of cereal. I heard someone at the door so I went to open it and my jaw dropped to see who was walking in.
"What are you doing?" I whispered.
" hi Kate. Is your dad home?" I threw my hands up in the air waving for Vic to stop. He raised his voice to make sure my father would hear. He did.

"How may I help you?"
"Oh hello well I wanted to ask you if it would be okay to take your daughter out?"
"Where?"
"To the city. Show her around, take her shopping, go get lunch and what not." I turned to my dad and saw that he was happy to see a boy was talking to me asking permission to go out.
"We'll of course you can son!" Before anything else could be said I grabbed a SnapBack and my board to get out of there with Vic.

After searching we found Jaime and figured Tony was home since it was his day off. Kellin and his guys had gotten kicked out an IHOP so we all met up by a nearby tattoo shop where they wanted to go get some new designs done. After they finished they came up to me and begged me to get one as well.

"Guys I've never gotten one before I don't know what to get first." They all rushed up with ideas and drawing books to show me what I could get.

"Wait I got it guys." I stood up and followed one of the workers into the back room as they all waited for me. I explained what I wanted and was thrilled they knew what I meant. By the time I was finally finished they were all begging to see it.

"Geez guys so impatient!" I moved some bracelets and showed them the one I got there. San Diego. Some of them asked why it took so long so I hid behind Vic, lowered my shorts, and showed them what I had, luckily I had a long tank to cover up a bit.

"Oh showing skin!" I could tell Jaime wanted to say something else but stopped.They were shocked to see all the scars I had hidden from them so well.

"It's amazing." Vic said, holding me tight pulling my back closer to his chest. It truly was. I had gotten a life saver with all their names in it and in big blue words "I refuse to sink in blood". I would use it to never cut again. I would have a permanent reminder of my friends that all care for me and support me. That loved me. After I finally pulled my pants up each one hugged me and I even felt Gabe and Jack sniffle a bit. Vic held onto my had and wouldn't stop staring at my legs. He was the only one who got a close enough look to see a name. I had gotten Mike's next to his, even though I had never met him and he scared me to death at first I realized he meant a lot toVic. Then Vic showed me his and I cried instantly. The wrist that had a few faded scars had my name written over it. My name..

"I never want to forget you Kate." He held my chin up and we shared the most loving kiss we have ever shared.

"The fuck are you doing here?" We parted and looked past our friends too see who had came in. God why the fuck is he here! Vic didn't hesitate to step forward in front of me with both hands clenched in tight fists ready. He was tired of the bullshit. The bullshit that Oliver Sykes had always put him through.

"I can ask you the same you fucking pricks." As if on cue his friends walked in behind him and we were justing there about five long minutes. No one spoke or even moved a muscle until the owner came out.

"Get out. All of you now. I don't want any trouble." The larger, tall, tatted up man waited there with a bat until one by one we got out.

We walked out after Oliver ran across the street. As we walked away I could feel their eyes on us. They were following us, and they didn't stop. We walked into the smaller streets where Vic told me Tony's family lived. When we got there we saw him on the porch and motioned him to come with us.
He came but not with out calling Oliver, the both of them meeting in the middle of the street and exchanging a few words. Coming back to join in, Tony took my board and went ahead of us, guiding us down the streets he knew so well.

"Where are we going Tony?" I heard Jack ask as we turned the corner.
"Jaime. Is the shack still closed?"
"Yeah why?"
"That's where we're going." I turned to see that Oliver now had not only his two side kicks, but had about six or seven behind him. Some young and others in their twenties. He even had two other girls with him. One was a blonde and the other a redhead, both eying me down when I noticed them. I felt my self shaking now, I'm so nervous. Like what if I get my ass kicked?
'You will' I don't need you!

"What's the shack?" I asked Vic as I turned back to see where we were going. I don't know where the fuck we are.
"It's an abandoned building a few blocks away."
"What's gonna happen?" He wouldn't tell me so I walked up ahead to catch up to Tony to ask him.
"Tony please tell me what's gonna happen." He chuckled a bit at how nervous I was now and began to explain it all to me. I guess I feel relieved now.
"So it's sort of like a band showdown?" I'm confused but if that's what is is..
"Exactly . We have two and they have two. We have get now until we start to make a new song. When it's over the winner, us of course, we get to push them like they do to us and they basically become our bitches."
"I like that. But dude shouldn't we be planning?"
"I am. Me, Jaime, Vic, and Kellin are texting each other ideas. It's only us since we all did this last year with some young kids and can be quick about this."
"Well do you have an idea of what to do?"
"That depends.." He stopped and faced me, taking my hat and putting it on.
"On what?"
" Can you sing?"