The Sky Under the Sea

Don't Rain on My Parade

"JUST GO!"

The last two words I heard before I shut down and ran for my life. The way Vic had looked at me was unbearable. Like he had given up and knew we were all in deep shit when the cops pulled up and began chasing everyone. Only a few of us escaped but soon after a few blocks we separated. I finally stopped at the beach and sunk into the sand. My knees burning from the sand that sat under the sun..

"Breathe Kate.. Breathe" I had to repeat this each time I stopped to remind my self that I didn't have a normal heart. Luckily I was too far now and no one saw where I ran off to. My heat was burning like a bitch now and wouldn't slow down. Fuck.. I need to calm down.
I tried to think about Vic, that didnt help. Jaime? Kellin? Tony? Nope none of it worked. I was too worried. If they got caught they could be facing charges. And I know Vic's father would be furious and probably tell mine that I was there today. If he found out he'd probably never let me out of his sight from here on out. At least Lucy didn't come with me.. Instead of thinking I stared out into the ocean.

I laid down on my stomach and began to watch the tides over an hour ago when someone distracted me.

"Oi!" Oh shit..
"What Oliver?" I rolled my eyes at him when he came closer.
"What? I can't come here and sit down?"
"Yeah you can. Just not here." I didn't want him near me. I want to be alone right now and he is the last person I want to see other than Jenna.
"Where right here?" He sat right next to me. I cringed at him being so close to me. I don't want him here.
"No need to shake darling!"
"Don't call me that", I snapped back.
"Hey don't get your panties in a bunch okay? I came for the beach not you. What are you doing here anyways?"
"Well if you must know.." I sighed. He decided to get comfortable and laid down next to me ready for story time.
" I don't know why I came here. I didn't know where else to go after what happened today..I don't really know how it came out to be this way. i don't know what to do. I just want to be alone right now..." I had to hide my face a bit at the fact that I felt my eyes tear up.
"The beach is always a good place to relax. the tides come up and wash all your thoughts out. you never want to leave at times but you know it will be there every time you need it." He stared at the ocean for a while after saying this. He was right, it was relaxing.. Without wanting to I rolled over and gave him a hug.

"Thanks. I know it was my fault today and I'm sorry, Oliver. I was rude without giving you a chance to prove yourself. I didn't know you. I'm sorry. I'm a total idiot.." He chuckled and returned the hug.
"Hey there it's not your fault! Jenna was jelous of you. She gets all crazy bitch whenever a girl gets any sort of attention. She's a bloody demon from the pits of hell." I laughed at how true that was. She was furious at me and I could tell she didn't want Hayley talking to anyone when the girl never responded to any of the guys..

"Hey Oliver?"
"What?"
"What happened between you guys? You, Jenna, and the others?"

Oliver told me his side of the story. He always had a hard time at home from his father. His father had been screwed over by Vic's dad back in the day and he didn't trust Vic at all. In high school when he met Vic he picked on him and always talked shit about Vic's dad. Thinking thats the reason why his father is a dead beat and cant do shit with his life.
Sophomore year came and Oliver met Jenna in school. He liked her, alot. She rejected Oliver and soon became Tony's girlfriend. It made him really angry at the guys and he bullied them all the time with Matt and Josh after that. She always hung out with them and always ignored Oliver, giving him sass and treating him like shit. It just made Oli more mad and bully the guys.
Then one night last November he went to a house party and she was there. They were both drunk and had sex. She told him that the guys had forced her to stay away from him and would shit talk about him so much that she even believed it. She told Oliver she always wanted him and used him that night. When Tony found out about what happened Jenna denied everything she said at first until she blew up on Tony dumped him.. When Oliver asked her out she rejected him still. He didn't give up on her. He still felt something for her.. The only reason she came today was because he knew she would sing and would love the attention. But when he saw her flirting with Jack and Justin today during his set, he was done. They were upstairs when I had been singing and when they came down that's when she started bitching. He told her he was done with her bullshit and that he didn't want to see her again. He said my name in their conversation and she was furious from that point on..

"You see, I wanted what you and Vic have. I wanted her to be mine. But when I said your name she went insane serial killer after you."
"It's okay Oliver. You don't need that in your life. No one does."
"Easy for you to say. You don't know how it is.."It was barely a mumble but I heard it.
" Excuse me? You think this is how my life always is? Happy and loved by my friends and all that fluffy shit? Fuck no! Back home since I can remember I was always bullied, I'm constantly getting hate, I have no friends! You know how pretty my sister is so of course she's everyone's favorite. I always get told i should be more like my younger sister and that I shouldn't be myself. I even have voices in my head telling me shit! Thats the reason I have these fucking scars!" I rolled up my shorts and his face changed instantly as he saw the ends of the scars. I would have taken my shorts off for him to see the rest but I'd rather not..
"I have that shit because I hate myself! So please don't fucking tell me that I don't get it. I got thrown into a locker for wearing a Slip knot tank to school. I got my head bashed into a toilet after rolling my eyes because some bitch Barbie said she was fat. I've gotten my ass jumped before. I got kicked out of classes because no one liked me. I can't even get a lab partner! I was hainted by a fucking ghost! How pathetic is that? Do you not get that I'm pathetic! Being here is the best thing to ever happen to me! The only reason my parents let me do whatever I want is because they don't fucking care! if they did I wouldn't have to go through this fucked up life! I don't want to anymore!" I had changed positions so that I was now sitting with my knees barely up to my chest. He stared at me shocked as I told him about everything that happened to me. He saw the tears rolling down my cheeks. This time he pulled me in for a hug.

"I'm so sorry.." I felt my shoulder get wet as he rested himself on me. Is he crying? On my shoulder?

"I'm sorry Kate. I-I don't know what to tell you. Fuck I didn't know you were that fucked up." He pulled me closer and kissed the top of my head.
"I won't be a fucking prick to them anymore. I'm sorry for being an asshole. If you think you're pathetic then what does that make me?"
"A bitch." I chuckled through the tears at how caring he was now. He laughed back and squeezed me lightly.
"Exactly. Now how does a girl like you think your ugly? You have a pretty smile, you got legs, normal sized-"
"I'm fat." He pulled me away and eyes me down.
"No fucking way!" I chuckled as I went in for the hug again. He kissed my forehead as I began to wipe the water off my face.
"Oli the only reason why I'm like this now is cuz I've had to work my ass off for it. I haven't ate junk food in forever and I started going to the gym just to lose 50 pounds. I'm still fat."
"Kate, don't give me that bullshit. I don't want you thinking that shit about yourself. not any more.. I want to be there for you. I'm sorry, you deserve someone to talk to whenever you need it. If anyone says shit I will personally fuck them up. If you need help I will be there. You can trust me."
"Will you be my brother?" His face lit up at how trusting I was of him. Just earlier I didn't want him here but now I realized that he was exactly what I need right now. And I don't have one so it couldn't hurt.
"Yes, I will be your bro!" We laughed and pulled away to get up. It was getting dark now so I know I have go home. He stood up first and pulled me up. Then that's when I saw him. I froze as he stared at me and Oli.

"Vic?" I ran for him with Oliver following behind.
"Vic where were you? I missed you oh god Vic I tho-"
"Save it."