The Sky Under the Sea

Summer nights

Vic's P.O.V
Three days left. Tomorrow is the last day we have together. Then she gets out of San Diego and leaved me for Michigan. I will definitely miss my Katherine, my Kate, my love. My lifesaver. I looked up at her sitting on her beach chair. Well it was mine but she stole my spot and now I was on the sand.

"You know we could just run away right?"
"You know we can't do that Vic. I don't know about you but I'd really like to finish high school. And where would we go?"
"Anywhere, everywhere, as long as I'm with you my dear." I kissed her cheeks and began tracing her tattoos with my finger.
"Vic it'll be alright. Look it's a wonderful day out. The beach is all ours and all our friends are here."
"Oliver is not my friend."
"He's my friend, your acquaintance then."
"Not even that."
"Vic come on, don't hold a grudge."
"I'm just saying its not gonna be easy warming up to the guy who made my life hell at school."
"I understand Vic."
"Sure."
"What's that suppose to mean?"
"I'm just saying that if I were to befriend that Kevin guy you wouldn't be so happy about it."
"Seriously Vic you're gonna bring that up? I'd rather kill him"
"See you wouldn't like that! So don't try to make it happy with me and Oli. It takes time Kate.."
"Fine. But you could've said Jenna or anyone, not that thing."
"I know he hurt you, but Oliver hurt me too. I'll try to be nice."
"Okay then. Hey lets go play with the others." She changed the subject and got up to join the others. I watched as she walked over, admiring how her blue hair at the ends shined in the sun, how her arms swayed at her sides as she walked. Don't call me a pervert but she had an amazing ass. Not flat but it wasn't huge either, just right so it went perfectly with her nice figured legs that she thankfully wore short shorts with. And with that loose tank showing her sides I was going crazy. I know she didn't feel so comfortable wearing shorts that high in public but she did today. She was getting comfortable in her skin. And I was happy she had.

"Hey wait up!" I ran over as the other began picking teams to play some touch football. Oliver and Justin were team captains.
"Fuentes!" Shit. Just my luck.
"Hey I wanted him!" Justin snapped.
"Aw don't cry." Justin closed his eyes and chose Kate for his team. I was suprised she was playing. I thought she would watch with Lucy and Haley instead. I guess not.

Our game had started off as friendly with no one counting score and everyone laughing it off. But now we were out for the win. Everyone had their game face ready to take the win.

"You can't catch this." She snickered.
"Please taking that little ball from you is pierce of cake."
"Take this and I'll take yours."
"Ooh sassy Kate is out of her cage."
"Baby please I am the queen of sass."
"Actually Kellin is."
"Go!" With that Kate skipped right by me and easily with out any hesitation.
"Catch me if you can Vic!" I heard her and went running for her. She was passing everyone with little spins and avoiding all in her way. She passed the ball to Justin and he was almost taken down until he gave it to Jack. Well it was suppose to be for Jack but Jesse easily intercepted the shit out of them and we began running the other way and made a touchdown. The game continue for another hour until we all got tired and gave up. We ended it as a tie and relaxed more under the sun.

"Great game Fuentes."
"Thanks man." I looks up at Oliver and fav him a high five for trying. I could tell he was trying to be nice for Kate. She had the kid whipped. And even more with Hayley there.
"Whatever." He walked past me and made his way to the girls in the water. He took Hayley and decided it was time for them to go. I looked back to the water and saw my beautiful girl in the water. Glowing under the sunlight as she splashed around in the water. She went under water and I could still see her. I went for the water to join her. Under the water I opened my eyes and she still had that glow around her. She was my light. I looked up and saw how beautiful the sky looked under here. It was more beautiful. At that moment I just wanted to fade away in the sky under the sea. Permanently hers as the rest of the world moved on we would be here with no care. I felt so selfish wanting to keep her all to myself down here.

"Vic come on!" She came up from the water as the tides grew higher. I went up and followed her to the shore back to the others who had brought us food.

"Best day ever." Jack said with a mouthful of fries.
"Definitely." Jesse Leander over and kissed Kellin's cheek. Making my pale friend almost choke on his monster. They brought a radio and "summer nights" began playing.

"Hope you ready to party..
Nothing like them summer nights!" We sang along enjoying the sunset and food. I tugged on Kate's shirt and brought her in for a quick kiss. I took one each time when I could. She probably had hopes of us reuniting in the future, but I know nothing lasts forever. Reality would come down on us and separate us. I already know the chances of us meeting again are slim to none. But I'll do what I can to makes our last moments together a lasting moment she would never forget. Even if she forgets me. Kate would go back home soon. Graduate highs school, go to college, meet someone worthy of her love, and settle down happy with them. She deserved to have a happy ending. But I didn't, not with out her. God I feel so selfish wanting her all for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Almost done with this.