The Sky Under the Sea

Don't You Wish You Were Alone?

*years later*

"Mommy can I go get candy!"
"If you behave today you can."
"Okay mommy." Was all my Vincent could say, he was so excited to see all his uncles and see how they were. I finished packing my backpack with water and stuff it with things for my son for the day.
Yes. I was a mom now.
As I got in the car with Vincent and the others I looked at the girls with their kids. It felt like just yesterday I met them..

Kellin and Jesse decided to end their relationship to focus on the band more. At first I thought it was sad but soon they both found someone, and were now married. Jesse got married first with this amazing girl named Ashley, and they had their little boy turning one this year. Kellin has a little girl with his wife, Katelynn. Copeland is the cutest little baby, even more now that she could talk, sort of walk, and do all these things. Like she could text! it didnt make sense but she understood how to send nonsense to random numbers. It reminds me of when my little Vincent first walked for me. I had my friend Adam Elmakias over for some coffee when Vin crawled off the couch and up to me, hungry of course. just like his dad, always wanting to eat. Five years had passed since I last saw his dad.
So much changed.
But not between me and Kellin. Sure we had slowly grown apart after the summer, I was too busy with school I never had time for my friends. Then I left to Florida state. Sure Kells would visit with the others. But it was a real shock when he and his wife had invited me in to stay with them after I had gotten evicted from my Florida town home. It was hard to be a single mom.. And with my parents mad at me for keeping Vincent, I had little help. But now I was happy to have my own place a few blocks away.. And soon I got real close to everyone. They were like my new family.
"Hello! Earth to Kay!" Katelynn waved a hand in front of my face and snapped me out of my stupid thoughts. I knew thinking of the past wouldn't help with anything, just distract me from the present. And that's all I have.
"Katherine, you're doing it again."
"Sorry Ashley. I just-I dunno. Just seeing us all now just made me think back. I just gotta leave it for memory and take you to all to your husbands!"
"Lets go Kay, it'll be fun today." She placed one of her soft hands on mine and gave me a reassuring smile.

We drove out to the city and made out way to our destination. The Vans warped tour. I had never came, but with Sleeping with Sirens headlining this year and Katelynn begging me to come, I joined along.

"KATE!" I was following Katelynn into the bus when suddenly I was tackled to the ground by all these men! I felt my head hit the floor and my ribs hit the ground under me as they all piled up.
"I-I cah.. Can't. AIR!" I had no oxygen in me and I felt my lungs begging for it, and my heart was starting to hurt a bit too.
"Adam.." He was the last one to join in and began to roll everyone off.
"Okay guys off my girl now."
"Ooh I didn't know you two were a thing!" Jack questioned giving me raised eyebrows.
"No thing. Just friends.." I moved around past them and sat on the couch next to where Copeland was laid. Ever since he saw me at a show hanging with them backstage he's been trying to be more than friends. But I just don't feel ready yet. We were taking baby steps.
"Hey Kate," he sat next to me and placed an arm around my shoulder. It felt nice to have some one there again. Even if it wouldn't get serious between us, it was fine for me.
"So you guys wanna see some of the other shows before we play?" both Justin and Gabe jumped off the bus ready to see their other friends. We followed behind and walked around the other buses.
"Oliver? Hayley? They're here!" They said hi to me with their bands as we walked by and stopped to chat. I was so excited to see them all together walking around the place like normal people. They are, but, they're BAND MEMBERS! My friends first, but still!
"Calm down Kate" jack teased.
"Dude this is awesome. I wish I could be like this everyday!"
"Well you can always join? Be a merch girl and let the one we have now chill back. There are just a few days left?" Jack asked me what!
"Like we have here, and a few dates in California and we're done!" Jesse added.
"Seriously?! Wait but Vincent. I can't leave him alone!" I had a son, I couldn't leave him alone as I go on a bus an fangirl over people I'm scared to talk to.
"I can take him! He can room with my boys and stay with us. You need a break Kate, enjoy it, have fun." Katelynn grinned at me and I was just so happy to have her as a friend.
"I'll think about it." It was a decision that could use some thinking. I thought about it as I looked around, seeing what it would be like to do this for a few days and live in a bus filled with guys. Adam held Vincent on his shoulders showing him all the fun things to do here. I wonder what it coulda been like if his real father was he- no I can't think about this!

"I'll be back, gotta get my gear from my bus!" Adam kissed my cheek and ran back to get his camera and stuff to take photos of all the guys. After a few minutes he came back and took my hand as we all headed to where they had set up a cafeteria. We ate lunch and walked around more, being stopped my fans wanting autographs or by other band members giving us high fives. It was all pretty fun.. I could hear music all over the place and the crowds all were so pumped up! I could definitely do this.
After a few hours it was already 2:15 and Kellin had to go perform with another band.
"Come on Kate! I got a suprise! I'll see you in a bit, love you Katelynn. " He pulled her in for a kiss and took me with him. Ashley had taken the kids back to the bus with Jesse and the others so to get ready for their time to get in main stage.
"So who is it?" I asked.
"A surprise, you're gonna love these guys!" He took me to the right side of the stage and took a mic in his hand.
"Wish me luck!" He pushd pass the group of people in from of us and ran off.

Vic's P.O.V.
"You guys ready for it!" Kellin came late, as always to make his dramatic entrance, and made all our fans scream. They were super loud today.
I started off the first notes of our song and began.
"dare me to jump off this Jersey bridge!" Kellin did his part perfectly as always and we began our lines. Taking turns to sing each each lyric with all our heart. I was so happy to see him again! It's been a while since I seem my buddy Kellin Quinn. Especially now that I had been touring all the time for the past few years. I liked it that way, tour a year, relax, record, and tour some more. Me, Jaime, Casey, and Tony just felt like we needed to be on the road, we love it! It still sucks that my brother Mike never made it this far with us.. But I know he's looking down on me living our dreams.
"I dedicate this last one to a good old friend of mine. Kellin you wanna join in this one too?"
"Actually. Igot someone who can do it better!" What the fuck is he trying to do? Was he gonna bring up a fan to the stage?
"Everyone give it up for my friend Katherine!" I shrugged it off and began my part, not paying attention to whoever he had brought up. We did the intro and out of no where taking my part
"This is the street youth rising up!" What. The. Fuck!!
"I cannot spend another night in this home.." My voice was shakey, I didn't face this stranger the whole time. I couldn't let myself imagine it was her, then turn and have it be just a waste of hope. Not no more. I kept focus on the crowd then waved an arm behind me to motion for whoever this kid was to sing the next part.

"I've waited on this night to honor you and say
I know it's hard.. But who are you to fall apart on me.
On me." I turned. I know it was her. It had to.
"Cause this is a wasteland my only retreat." Yep. It was Kate.. Looking as beautiful as ever, perfect in every way. I tried my best to keep myself from jumping on top of her right there. How could she just change her number on me and never call back or never visit? Did she forget about me? No, she would never do that.. She wasn't like other girls.. No.

"Alright thank you so much for bringing us here for another year!" I said that and walked off the stage handing the guitar to on of our tech guys.

"Vic? Vic please wait up!" I stopped in my tracks and turned on my heels. God she looks great! Her hair was a natural brown color now, her eyes still holding that hint of greenish blue under the sun.. Her shorts revealed not skin, but tattooed that covered her legs.

"You like them?" She asked as she distracted me from her legs.
"Uhm ye-yes.." Was all I could choke out.
"Kate!" Adam knew her? Why didn't he ever tell me about her! He walked up to us and looked at me, back at her, and me again.
"You two know eachother?"
"Long story."
"Not really." She said under her breathe. How was it not?
"Well I wanted to talk to you Kate. Is is a bad time or?"
"No it's fine Adam.. Lets go." She took her eyes away from mine and I watched as they walked off toward some tents. His left hand reached for her hand, and she did nothing but let him take hers.

"Was that? Is she? And Adam?"
"Vic are you okay?" Jaime nudged me with his bass as he took it off. And honestly,
I'm not..
"I gotta go guys." I shoved past them and everyone else to run back to our bus. I can already feel tears in my eyes..
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't want to end it with just a single chapter I'm starting to get into this again.