The Sky Under the Sea

Awake and Unafraid

Kate's P.O.V.
"Fudge!" I shouted as I entered the bus.
"Where!" Vincent asked.
"No honey there's no fudge, remember how mommy says silly words when she gets angry?" I usually say any random words to keep myself from cursing in front of him. I want him to have manners and good etiquette, not be a little rude brat like other kids. I played with his thin dark brown hair as I stared into his eyes. Just like his dads. Now that I think about it, they were brown and in this sun had a spark of color like mine. Blueish green when the sun hit them just right. But they were always like Vic's eyes no matter what.
"Can I have ice cream?" He asked again.
"Well, since you were such a good kiddo today.. Say "Ice cream"
"ICE CREAM!" He yelled at the top of his lungs. He's so cute!
"You're still here?" Ashley walked in the bus with Katelynn and the kids.
"Sure! Hey kids lets get some ice cream?" Right away the other two started giggling and asking their moms.
"You two go and watch the guys, ill get you some frozen yogurts.
"Greek for me." Katelynn said.
"Of course Kate. Now shoo! Go fangirl for your husband."
"Bye Kate!" They jumped off the bus and walked away as I got the kids ready to go walk around.
"Katherine! I've been looking everywhere for you." I bent down to tie a show on cope's foot and let out a sigh.
"Oh hey Adam." I felt a hand on my neck as he came around an kissed my cheek, catching the corner of my lips. He pecked my lips as I stood up and shrugged my shoulders.
"So, is it a yes? Or a no?"
"Look, Adam.. I-I need time okay. I don't know."
"It's fine. Take your time, but if you don't wanna be my girlfriend just say no already."
"No it's not that, I do like you it's just that."
"You still love his dad, I get it. But the guy hurt you, Kate. I won't hu-"
"Stop it. You don't know what happen with him. Go take pictures of Kellin alright." I shoved past him with Ashley's son in my arms and the others as we got out the bus.
"Kate! I won't hurt you like he did, just give me a chance!"
"Son of a biscuit.. Just give me some space!" I shouted back.
That was the thing with Adam. Sure he was nice and had waited for me, but now he was just trying to hard to make me his girlfriend. I like Adam, just not that way, yet. And with seeing Vic again, I'm confused about everything.
But I shouldn't be! I should have moved on like he did. He told me off about my son, stupid cause he is the father. I might as well go back with Adam now. Only cause he apparently likes me, and Vic doesnt. But after I get some ice cream.

"Hey kids!" Chris from Motionless in white saw the kids and walked up to our table. I started wiping some ice cream from COPELANDS face when he sat down an started helping me.
"Thanks."
"No problem. So what brings all these kids to warped?"
"My daddy" cope answered.
"Yeah. Kellin Quinn is her dad, this one is mine, and that one belongs to Jesse."
"The guys from sleeping with sirens right? Awesome. Are you kids having fun?"
"Yes!" The said together. He chuckled and gave them high fives.
"Alright kids, well ill see you guys around. Oh an what's your name?"
"Me? Katherine, but you can call me Kate."
"Nice to meet you Kate, guess I'll see ya around?"
"Sure. See ya." He gave me a smile and walked away. He seemed friendly.
It wasn't until I got up when I realized that I was surrounded by other bands and people here in the tent. Green day, Fall Out Boy, Motionless in White, Breathe Carolina, all these and more were eating lunch and talking to each other.

I went back to the bus to find all the guys sweaty with their girlfriends and others. The kids ran to their dads am Vincent just went for the table where Justin was.
"Vincent you just ate don't you dare shove tha- Justin!"
"What! He was hungry." Vincent was reaching out for a bowl of food when Justin decided to let him have it all.
"Calm down Kate." Gabe teased.
"I'll calm down when you guys clean up his throw up! Serously guys you know he has a problem with Chinese!"
"Ah he just ate a little, lighten up!"
"If you guys buy me beers everyday while I'm here, fine."
"Wait so you're gonna come with us?"
"I don't see why not!"
"Wait but what about Vic?" Jesse asked.
"If anything happens I'm blaming Kellin."
"Me!" He spun his head around and stared at me with his big puppy dog eyes. But I mastered to not fall for that anymore.
"Yes you Fudge pop! You knew he was here and didn't say nada."
"She has a point love," Katelynn gave him a stern look and gave me a smile, I knew she would agree with me.
"Bu-but the guys knew too!"
"By-bu-but you were the one who surprised us all in stage by handing me over like a dog! Seriously Kellin why didn't you tell me he was here?"
"I don't know I thought if you two saw each other again that you'd be together again, just like back then. I'm sorry Kate I didn't know."
"It's fine Kell, I was just shocked about it all. But I'm holding it against you!"
"Agh fine!" He crossed his arms an pouted at us.
"Don't be such a baby!" Justin snapped.
"I just had to marry you." Katelynn took his face and dug her nails into his cheek playfully."
"Hey stop that." He chuckled.
"But you love it."
"But I love you more."
"I missed you love." The gave a quick peck and walked to the back of the bus.
"Remember Kate, no glove no love!"
"Wrap your tool Kellin."
"Safe sex is the best sex you two!"
"Shut up!" Kellin finally snapped back. We were all in a laughing for as we joked about the two doing their thing in his bunk.
"Alright we don't need the kids listening. Lets go chill somewhere else." Jack decided.
"We're gonna stay behind too guys have fun."
We are?" Jesse looked bummed to not go with us, but with the look Adhley shot him, he got the hint they would be doing the same as Kellin and Katelynn.
"Safe sex you two!" Justin started again.
"Shut the fuck up guys."
"Jesse the kids!" I snapped.
"Oh. Shut the front door will ya Justin!"
"Okay." And Justin did just that. Slamming the bus door in Jesse'a face and walking away like nothing.
We walked around some more and introduced the kids to their friends. I saw Adam but shrugged it off. He needs to understand I'm not in any hurry. And he shouldn't be either.

"Hey Kate."
"Oh hey Chris." He walked up to us and waved us some food.
"Thanks." I took a burger for Vincent to share.
"There's plenty for everyone." He smiled at me and I returned the gesture. I took another for later and ate with the guys a bit.
"Can I talk to you?" I told Vincent to stay with Gabe and followed Chris around the bus.
"What happened?" I felt nervous, I don know this guy.
"Whose his dad."
"Why?" I asked, I could hear the fear in my voice shaking.
"I won't tell anyone, I just gotta know." He urged me more and I have in.
"It's Vic Fuentes. We met a few years ago and had a thing, like a summer fling sorta. I left before knowing I was pregnant. And when I figured out I was, I had lost contact with them and I never got around to telling him."
"I figured he was. I won't say a word."
"Thanks Chris. Lets keep this a secret then."
"Sure." He walked us back and I picked up my son. I held him close thinking about the situation. This is a wake up call. What happens when people start asking about Vincent, what if some of the others noticed like Chris did? But did Vic take what I said and have it dawn on him that Vincent was indeed his son? Fuck it, I'm not afraid of him finding out, I gotta tell him.
"Hey Kate wanna head home and grab your stuff?"
"Holy crap! I almost forgot. Sure!" I took Vincent and made my way back to the bus. How I managed to not get lost, I don't know. I made my way past a bus when a group of guys bumped into me. That's when I realized what bus this was, and whose.
"Oh sorry Kate. KATE IT'S YOU!"
Oh shit. Just the group of Mexicans I was trying to stay away from.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was listening to some mcr when I titled it so..
Enjoy guys sorry I've been lazy with this story