The Sky Under the Sea

It's My Life

Kate's P.O.V.
Might as well let Vic have some quality time with his kid. Our kid.

Luckily my place was the closest so I got there quickly, and got whatever I could in ten minutes. I was trying to be as quick as possible. I also got two bags done for Vincent. One was just toys, snacks, and other knick-knacks for him. The other had clothes and I made sure they were clean. I took an extra spare of keys just in case if Katelynn needed something. I got in my car and started up the engine ready to drive back.

"Vic open the door!" I can't believe they left him with Vic! Ugh when I find them they're gonna get it! Well I guess it can't hurt if he tried to take care of Vincent. After a minute Vic walked out holding Vincent.
"Say bye bye."
"bye Vic." I held my hands out for him, but he turned back toVic and gave him a big hug. I couldn't help but think it was cute as I took my son in my arms and picked him up.
"Have fun?"
"Yeah, you did good Kate."
"With what?" I wasn't asking him, but was what he talking about.
"Our son." I felt the blood rush to my cheecks. I can't blush in front of him! I turned away quickly and walked back to the sleeping with sirens bus.

"Okay Kate. This one has clothes an that one has anything else you might need. Snacks, his games, shampoo, extra shoes, and other junk I shoved in there. Oh, and here's some cash if he wants anything. And if you need my house keys they-"
"Kate calm down, it'll be just fine. I have boys too." Katelynn teased.
"I know but I've never left him for so long." I was nervous for him. I was gonna be away for like a week.
"We got it Kate! Go have fun." Ashley hugged me and took the car keys from me.
"Right. Enjoy it Kate, you need a break."
"Ah fine! Alright Vincent Aunty Katelynn is gonna take care of you. I packed you your night light so the monsters won't get you. And if you need anything just tell your Aunty okay love. Be a good boy."
"Okay mom!" He snapped. I couldn't help myself from fixing his hair and kissing his head. He shook his head and brushed his hair to the side to keep from hiding his eyes.
"I need to cut your hair when I get home" I thought.
"Alright we're heading out ladies!" The bus driver got in the bus an waited as we got in to leave. I watched as the girls said their last goodbye and left with my little Vincent.

"Alright guys lets go!" Justin high fived the bus driver as he started his way out to the street. How they were still so pumped was so fun to watch.
"Hey Kate, you're the only girl now." Jesse started.
"Yeah, that means no boys in the bus, go it?" I held back the loud laugh caught in my throat and choked a bit.
"Seriously Jack?" I asked, I was never the kind for a one night stand or anything. And it has been years since I had sex, and I don't care if I don't ever again to be honest. It just doesn't get to me like that way at all.

"What does that word even mean?" I asked Jack.
"Nobody knows what it means, but it's provocative!" Kellin came to us and shouted.
"No it's not! It gets the people going!" We said together. Then we started rapping again -or trying to- along to Jay Z and Kanye West's "niggas in Paris".
I won't lie, I had a bottle of Jack in my hand I was sharing with the guys. We took swigs of it as we passed it around, until it was empty. That was our second one in an hour. When was the last time I drank some good old Jack Daniel's? Fuck it, doesn't matter right now.

"Another!" I shouted as I finished the last drop Gabe had so kindly left me.
"Calm down Thor." He laughed.
"I come from Asgard to take all your Jack." I joked back.
"I'm here Rose, Rose?" Jack was the one playing along now. Great, he would be the one to bring up titanic.
"Jack? Jack, you're so cold Jack."
"Yeah bitch you left me in the fucking water you little shit! Who the fuck does that anyways? I thought you loved me!" We all bursted into laughing fits and joked more trying to quote movies and anything we could think of. This was gonna be great. It was cool to hang out with the guys, I truly felt like one of them at times like this. Not a single fuck will be given on this tour, I won't let my stupid anxiety get to me. Sure it's almost completely gone by now, but sometimes it can get to me and start to take over again.
This little trip could be the cure. I have to overcome it once and for all if I want to actually communicate with all the amazing bands here! Too good of a chance to pass by.
"Its my life." I muttered softly to myself. No doubt was on the radio station we were listening to.
"What was that Kate?" Justin questioned.
"I said this is my jam!" I began to sway away and drink more until I passed out. Well it wasn't passing out. I just reached the couch and instantly fell asleep. Can't wait for tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title is of course from the amazing band No Doubt!
Enjoy