The Sky Under the Sea

Self Medicate

"Wake up!" God when did she turn into such a deep sleeper?
"Whuh?" Finally a response, Kate is alive!
"WAKE UP!"
"I said what." She snapped. Someone's not a morning person.
"Crank lady," Gabe chuckled next to me.
"Oh my god, Justin you're right. Come on over." Our guitar tech came over with a pair of cymbals and stood next to her bunk. Oh my god.

Kate's P.O.V.
"KATHERINE WAKE UP!" At that I heard the most horrific noise I had ever in my life.
"KATHERINE!" I jumped off and hit my head on the ceiling over me, hitting the ground on my back and flailing arms hitting the bunks under me when I did. Oh god the pain!
"SHUT THE FUCK UP! I'm up I'm up Jesus fucking Christ!" I yelled at them. I don't even know who just woke me up but they're dead.
"Finally sleeping beauty."
"More like sleepy bitch." I snapped. I started stretching my arms out in the air as I groaned to try to get off the floor. I saw a leg and pulled it down.
"Hey what I do?" I looked up from my blankets on me and saw Kellin with both Justin's and Gabe. One of them had a pair of cymbals.
"Justin Van Hook you better run for it you little shit." I said it in the most threatening way possible. All I heard was a chuckle from him as he picked me up on my feet. At least he assisted me.
"So what happen?" I asked them.
"Uh we're at the venue and gotta set up okay? We go on in an hour and you gotta be at the tent."
"Why?"
"Sell our merchandise! You said you'd do it."
"Fuck you, I'm only doing it for the kids." I grabbed my backpack and took out a fresh outfit for the day. God, why did I agree to being the new merch girl? I walked into the bathroom and changed quickly so that I could go do my job. Might as well tell the kids how much of a dork Kellin really is. Knowing the fans they'd probably never let him hear the end of it. Good.

"Wait he what?"
"He fell down the steps and tried blaming Katelynn's son for breaking it."
"Oh my god!" I could only laugh with the young fan in front of me. I was telling her when Kellin had broken a vase we had found a a glee market. Oh my god we were here for twenty minutes. She was only waiting for her dad and ended up making my day.
Her name was Cecelia and she was my favorite person right now.
"Yes! I know he's such a klutz dude." I handed her her shirts and she held out a wad of cash with both her hands trying her best not to drop it in her laughing state.
"Tell Kellin to be nice to them."
"Only if you promise me this." I put the change in her palm and closed her hands to get serious. She had horrific scars on her arms and it really did scare me to see such a nice sweet kid this way. I tried my best to let her know life isn't a bad experience. I told her my story (leaving the Vic situation out) and how Kellin also helped me out and is my hero.
"Yeah my best friend is also my hero."
"You're so lucky."
"And you can be too, but only if you try. Remember what Kel said."
"Wrists are for bracelets, not for cutting." We said together. Thank god is was so early as the line only had like two other kids. I let her go and wrote my number on her hand to call me whenever she needed to. Now I have to thank the guys for waking me up early today. All morning I was listening to kids, but this girl was so interesting.

"Hey kids go watch Sleeping with Sirens they're about to start!" Some of them begged me to save them shirts, which I did gladly. I can watch the guys whenever I want, so I stayed behind and listened to other bands close bye and take pictures for kids.

"That was amazing guys."
"I know, who knew a 40 year old dude would crowd surf with his daughter!" This is what the guys said as they came into the tent to meet some fans. It was time for their meet and greet. I hadn't realized it was already noon. Luckily all we had was this and nothing exept chill time for the rest of the day.
"Alright slackers I gotta pee!" I ran out the tent and headed for where the public bathrooms were. But to be honest, I don't know where the fuck they are!
"Finally" I breathed out as I saw an empty spot and headed for it.
"Sorry dude I'm next!"
"What the fuck!" I don't care who that was, I ran in that stall and did my business quick. I heard bring me the Horizon was playing right now and I don't wanna miss that!
"Sorry dude!" I walked past who I ever was next in line.
"Wha-oh hey Kate!" I looked up and turned to see Vic giving me a huge grin. Oh shit, oh fucking fuck.
"Oh hey!" I smiled back. I felt like the most embarrassed person on the planet.
"Couldn't hold it in?" He winked. Oh my god, this cannot be happening! I couldn't breathe from all the blood rushing to my cheeks making me blush out of control.
"What happen Kate? Cat got your tongue?"
"No, but I sure do have to go now. Peace!"
"Again?" he chuckled. I rolled my eyes as I turned away from him and started to power walk.
"Wait hold up!" I walked faster and made it in time to catch the last song for BMTH's set. Fucking Vic, making me miss the entire set!
"So, where were we?" I turned and he was right next to me with that stupid grin.
"Uh I think you were gonna crap and I was gonna leave again."
"Aw come on DONT be so shitty."
"Shit face." I snapped.
"Aw come on Kate, I was kidding!" He chuckled as he placed a hand on my shoulder.
"What ever Victor." I shrugged him off and folded my shoulders across my chest.
"Look at me. I'm sorry okay, I just.. Nevermind." He let out a sigh and dropped the subject, walking away.
"No wait." He stopped and turned on his heel to look at me again.
"I should be sorry, I'm being a total dick to you for no reason."
"Well I was acting shitty."
"That's cuz you are."
"Oh really." He raised a brow at me and a mischievous smile grew on his face.
"Vic, think of what you're doing." I stepped back from him slowly as he walked close to me.
"No." He whispered when he got a little too close to me, then tickled me to death.
"Stah-haap! Vic please!" I begged. He held my wrists with one hand as the other viciously attacked my stomach. It was starting to hurt and make me want to cry.
"Say it." He demanded.
"Say-say what?" I tried to say it as best as I could with out laughing. Fail. I lost balance and fumbled to the ground taking Vic down with me. I landed on him, but he quickly took control again and pinned me down under him.
"Say it!"
"Say what!" I yelled back. I can feel the tears falling down the sides of my face.
"Say IT!" I gave up on it, I had no idea what I was suppose to say. I let out a cry and gave up on life.
"Get off her!" In seconds Vic disappeared from on top of me and I was getting picked up off the ground and being held against some ones chest.
"It's okay Kate he won't hurt you."
"What?" I sobbed.
"He won't touch you again okay? Let it all out." I looked up and realized it was Adam who was holding me.
"No one hurt me Adam. What are you talking about?" I tried to move out of his hold, but he was surprisingly stronger than me.
"Adam what the fuck!" I looked over his shoulder and saw Vic leaning on a bus covering his face, and there was blood on his nose!
"VIC!" I shouted as I pushed Adam away from me.
"Oh my god Vic, are you okay? Babe look at me are you alright does it hurt?"
"You called me babe." He chuckled out, wincing.
"Shut up Vic." I took off my shirt (thankfully having a tank under my baseball tee) and cleaned up the blood as best as I could and covered his nose with it.
"Kate I-" I turned and saw Adam leaning over me holing his hand out.
"Leave us alone!" snapped at Adam. What the hell was his problem? Why the fuck would he punch Vic in the nose like that?

"You called me babe."
"I know Vic, now don't move." I cleaned up Vic's nose pretty well and was able to change his shirt. The collar of the weird button up shirt he was wearing got blood on it.
"Holy crap what happen!" Jaime walked in and saw the bloody shirt Vic left in the counter.
"Nothing Jaime." Vic answered.
"Nothing? Adam punched Vic's nose."
"Is it broken?" Tony stepped in and his jaw dropped at the sight.
"I highly doubt that Tony.
"Ooh what happen?"
"I was tickling her and he attacked me dude." Vic sighed.
"What the? That doesn't sound like Adam."
"I know."
"Well where is he?"
"I don't care, I told him to get lost." I swear, and to think I was gonna give him a chance.I thought Adam was this kind, down to earth guy who would never hurt a fly. He seemed so caring. But after this, we have no future together.

"Dude what happen? Are you okay?"
"Uh yeah why?" The guys were hanging out at the tent when I returned. They had just finished their signing and were just chilling.
"We heard what happen. Why were you and Vic fighting like that?"
"Fighting? We were just-wait. Who told you we were fighting?"
"Adam said he found you two on the ground fighting."
"Yeah he said you were crying and that Vic was yelling at you?"
"Whoa guys that never happen! I was crying because Vic was tickling me. Yeah it got loud I guess, but we were just playing."
"Oh what the fuck?" Jesse replied.
"We'll that explains why you yelled at him." Justin mumbled.
"He said I yelled at him?"
"Yeah."
"Oh whatever he's the one who punched Vic." I rolled my eyes for the millionth time today and sat down on a cooler.
"So what now?" The other Justin asked.
"I guess you and Adam are over now huh."
"Oh my god did he say that? Look, me and Adam never were okay, we were just friends and he wanted more. But I don't okay."
"Fine whatever."
"Ah lighten up guys! I'm fine."
"That wasn't us." Kellin mumbled. I turned around and saw Adam standing right behind the cooler I was on looking down at me.
"So you lied." He said.
"What? I never lied. You knew I didn't like you like that." I snapped.
"Yeah but you said you'd give me a chance."
"Whatever."
"Kate, why don't you like me?" I stoop up and nodded for him to follow me to the bus where we could talk more privately.
"Look Adam I don't know what you want bu-"
"I want you to like me! Why don't you want to be with me Kate!"
"Because I don't want to!" I raised my voice back at him and we weren't even inside yet.
"Tell me the truth! Why don't you!"
"Because you're not Vic!" I yelled back. I shocked myself, but it was the truth. I stupidly still had feelings for Vic, feelings that would probably never leave me alone.
"Oh it had to to be him!"
"Better than you! You fucking punched him straight up for no reason!"
"I saw him on you-"
"He was tickling me Adam! God, you know what, forget it. I don't need a friend like you." I slammed the bus door in his face and jumped up to my bunk to settle down. Fuck, and I though it was gonna be a good day.

"Ah fuck." I heard a knock on the door and got down slowly to not fall down.
"Ya voy!" I yelled across the bus as I tried to slip my vans back on. They just kept knocking and it was really getting annoying.
"Alright alright I'm here." I mumbled to myself as I opened the bus door.
"Kate? You alright?"
"Uhm yeah, what's up Chris?" I hopped down the stairs and closed the door behind me to join him.
"Well I sorta heard you with some guy earlier." He shrugged.
"Oh, yeah."
"Yeah. Well I came over to see if you were okay."
"Yeah, I'm all good."
"Alright. I was sorta wondering if you'd like to get some ice cream with me? Cheer you up a bit?"
"Ice cream is my best friend.." I thought.
"It's a date!" He sighed.
"Oh uhm Chris I'm not like.."
"Kidding." He took me under his arm and walked us over to the food tent.

"So, Levi.. Got any King's?"
"Fuck." He groaned.
"Is that a yes?" I teased.
"Fine!" He passed them to me, I now had four kings and I think I won.
"Uhm Bj?" I think that's his name. I showed him my cards and he high fived me. I didn't know how to play goldfish, so he was helping me out. I was eating ice cream with the Chris when others started playing card games and asked me to join with other people around us. It was Miss May I, Motionless in white, some guys from other bands, and a bunch of techs and merch kids playing.
"Katherine!" Ah crap.
"Sorry guys, looks like Kellin found me." I dropped my cards on the table and stood up as I said goodbye.
"Where you been?"
"I was having a mental breakdown when Chris found me and brought me here. You?"
"Looking for you. Duh?"
"Whatever," I ran my hand through Kellin's hair and ran before he could realize I totally messed up his hairdo. I ran back to the tent and his behind Gabe when Kellin showed up. Gabe seemed a bit confused, but after seeing Kellin walk in he totally understood by the look on his face. Luckily he just shrugged it off and left me alone. Or I though he did. Nope, I got a water bottle emptied on my head by none other than Kellin himself.
"Alright homie, I gotchu!" I said as I tried to catch Kellin.
"Never!" He somehow amazingly jumped over the table behind a group of fans and started yelling for them do defend his life to the death.
"Okay seriously I give a free shirt for the kid who catches Kellin Quinn for me." Surprisingly only a few tried. I underestimated their love for him.
"Ah you got me!" Kellin yelled from the small crowd.
"Finally, okay what shirt do you want, it's on me."
"How bout you?" I turned and saw Vic standing there holding Kellin by his shoulders giving him to me like a lost puppy.
"Sorry has to be a shirt."
"How bout you keep the shirt as a token of my gratitude and I take you for the rest of the afternoon?"
"It's a deal."