The Sky Under the Sea

Fast Times

"I want those two black shirts and that wrist band!"
"Uhm could you specify which ones? And what bracelet?"
"The ones hung up behind you." Attitude much?
"There's a bunch of shirts behind me, tell me exactly which one you want." I tried to get the girl to tell me exactly whatever she wanted, but it was no use.
"This one?"
"Yes! And the one next to it."
"Okay. That's gonna be $30."
"Ah shit I don't have enough. I only have 25. Oh can I get one for free!"
"Uh nope."
"Please!" Ugh this girl was so annoying!
"Hey is there something wrong?"
"Kellin Quinn! Oh my gosh this girl won't give me my shirts it's like you hired a stupid girl."
"This is my best friend Kate, and she knows what she has to do, but you don't."
"Ugh Kellin you're being an ass."
"And you're being immature. Look sweety there's a long line so just move and let her sell merch okay?"
"Ugh you're so rude Kellin! No wonder everyone hates you!"
"As if I care." He rolled his eyes and called up the next kid in line. This next kid knew exactly what he wanted. He got his stuff quick and was lucky enough to get one his shirts signed by my buddy.
"Thank you so much dude! And fuck the haters." He shot a glare over to the girl who was still in front of me an walked off with his group.
"Fine.. Just don't give me anything!" She flipped me off with a dirty look on her face and stormed off. I had only been here for like almost a week and I was surprised it took this long to get a spoiled brat. That was the first time since I got here.
"I just got fingered." I mumbled to myself.
"Wait where's Vic?" Kellin replied.
"What? Ew no dude she flipped me off."
"No one said I was saying in a dirty way Kate." He raised an eyebrow at me to just rub it in. Yes, just make me look like the one who just tried to say Vic fingered me. Ha, like that would ever happen.
"Next!" I shouted as I gave him a little punch on his shoulder. The next person came right up and was excited to see that Kellin was helping me out. He was a huge fan, considering he had a tattoo of their last album name in his right bicep.
"Hey man, what can I getcha?"

"Last one!" I sighed as I plopped down on the cooler. I looked at my cell phone and saw that the day was almost over. The last bands to play today were wrapping up their sets as others waved goodbyes to their fans. Sleeping with Sirens were the last ones on main stage today so it was no surprise they stuck around for the last kids to leave to give them free bracelets and talk a bit.
"Alright guys! Awesome day huh!"
"Hell yeah, crowd was super pumped today!" Jack yelled as he walked up to me.
"Sweaty." I chuckled.
"You're telling me." He replied hugging me tighter. The others joined and we had all of the team, with me in the middle.
"Go take a shower!" I finally yelled gasping for air. They let go and went to go and start packing up all the gear and crap.

"It's Friday! Friday!" Kellin danced as he walked to the front of the bus. Today we were one of the first buses here at Florida, so we unpacked everything and decided to get ready to go out for the day. I paid the pierce the veil merch dude to sell our stuff too for the day. We had been talking yesterday and he was cool with it, as long as I promised to go visit the Harry potter world for him and bring him stuff. We had a deal. And his sister was seeing him today, so she would help and I would get her a souvenir as well.

I got up from my spot on the table next to Jesse to get me some cereal from the cabinet. Lucky charms, my favorite. There wasn't much left, so I got lazy and pored milk into it to eat straight from the box. It's not like anyone else was gonna eat it.
"Hey come in." I heard Van hook open the bus door and let someone in.
"Whoa someone's a hungry camper." Vic said as I looked up shoving a spoonful of cereal into my mouth. I looked up and almost choked. Oh god I look horrible! Wait it doesn't matter what I look like, ain't nobody here to impress.
"Oh hey guys!" Jaime, Tony, and Casey followed behind Vic and stood at the front of the bus. I watched as they greeted my guys and began to talk about nonsense. I finished my box of cereal so I took the chance to go back to my bunk to switch out of my old faded basketball shorts and Ramones top. I closed the sliding door we had to separate the bunks from the front and took my bag out to get clothes. I slipped on a pair of shorts, happy that my scars weren't so harsh now that they had faded and weren't so easily visibly since everyone focused on my tattoos now. Anchor, life saver, the "&" logo, some lyrics and other doodles I liked. I took off my shirt and accidentally pushed my bag off the bunk to the floor.
"Shit." I cursed myself as I got on the ground and began to shove clothes back in.
"Hey Ka-oh I-I'm sorry" my head shot up and Vic was behind next to me turning around. I looked down and saw that I still didn't have a shirt on. Oops. I didn't even hear he door open up.
"Wait lemme just, where'd it go? Hendrix Hendrix.." I whispered to myself as I tried to search the ground for the shirt I wanted to wear.
"Is this it?" Vic held the shirt in front of my face and I snatched it away to put it on.
"Thanks, how'd you know it was that one?" I asked.
"I'm wearing it." I looked up at him to ask him, but as I did I realized he was wearing the exact same shirt I had on. It was more of a slim fit on me, not tight, but we were matching, head to toe. Same top, blue bottoms, with Black and white vans. I stood up next to him and felt like as if this was suppose to happen.
"Just like our first date." He chuckled.
"What?"
"Don't you remember? You're first day at the hotel, we wore matching shirts when we went to the park." He seemed disappointed I had forgotten. But I didn't, I was just a memory I had shoved to the back of my head. Now, all those thoughts from the first day I saw him came back.
"Oh yeah." We held eye contact there for a little bit before we got interrupted by both Justin's walking to the back.
"Carry on you two." They said as they pretended to cover their eyes from us.
"Anyways, it's our day off. So I was sorta wondering if you'd like to hang out with us? Since last time we were so busy ya know?"
"Vic Fuentes are you asking me out on a date?"
"No I-I was just asking if you wanted to. You don't have to like its okay, that's fantastic if you dont want to, ya know-"
"I didn't say I wouldn't go." It was cute to see him get a bit nervous. That first day he was so smooth compared to this.
"Great!" Meet me at the gates okay?" he gave me a high five before walking through the doors. I let out a deep breathe and sighed to myself. I crossed my arms and saw as he turned around and walked back in.
"Almost forgot." He came up to me, tilting my chin up with a gentle hand and kissed me. He kissed me, after so long he kissed me. I felt a shot of fire burst in my face, my stomach didn't even flip, I was too in shock. It didn't last long, maybe only five seconds when he pulled away and walked straight back outside.
I'm not gonna lie to myself, that was fucking awesome.

"Oh my god it's Hogwarts!" I shouted as we walked around the theme park. After he had left the bus I made my way over to my merch tent to tell the ptv merch guy and his sister I'd be gone and told her the basics. Basically what I knew.
Give them the stuff
Take their money
And have fun

"Just like Mike. He was obsessed with this." Vic told himself, remembering about his younger brother. His face went from happy to one of sadness over his brother. He missed Mike so much.
"Vic, it's okay. He misses you two. Now come on, were on the happiest place on earth remember? Come on." I took his hand in mine and guided him straight for the school of witchcraft and wizardry -not the real one of course- to begin the fun. Jaime took the others to go eat something and Vic stole me away to keep me all to himself. We got in countless rides, each one being funnier than the last.
"Don let me fa-uuck!!!" We were on the roller coaster and right before it was to flip us upside down I tried to talk, but only ended up saying fuck nonstop after that point. Vic laughed at me over the screams, taking my hand and never pulling away when I dug my nails in his skin. The last time I had been in a roller coaster like this was.. Well, when I was with the girls at six flags. We thought it would be fun to go after Katelynne gave birth to Cope and could go again. Years ago now that I thought about it. Kellin took care of the kids that day, biggest test of his life if you ask me.

"So you wanna grab something to eat?" Vic asked as we got off the ride.
"Sure. But just a snack. I don't feel like throwing up all over kids." He laughed and pulled me over to one of the restaurants. We had shakes and shared some food before walking around more.
"Claremont high seems fun, way better than mine."
"Yeah it was a good school I guess. Senior year went by pretty fast. You know with all the crazy classes and shit like prom and making sure we graduate."
"So you all graduated together?"
"Oh no, Jaime and Tony are younger, they graduated the next year together."
"Oh yeah. They were Mike's age." The last person I wanted to bring up and here I was saying his name.
"So, with Vincent, did you get to finish high school?"
"Uhm yeah. I told the school about it and we were able to get me to pass."
"Was it hard?"
"Towards the end it was, just tryna do as much as I could before he came. I missed like the last month of school, but I was pretty much done by then. I'm kinda smart so it's no surprise I was honor roll." I had the smartest kids do my work, but he didn't have to know.
"So what day is his, his birthday?"
"First of May." I replied. I saw him take his phone out and start to count weeks and months o his fingers.
"What are you doing?" I chuckled as he kept counting and would think hard about it.
"Wait.. Okay so, if I'm right, and if google is right, I got you pregnant at McDonald's!"
"What?!" I snapped.
"Yeah look." He showed me his phone an pulled out the math and giving me the evidence to his theory. We sat down on a bench in the shade and laughed over his foolish theories.
"How'd you figure that out?"
"One of the guys I was with in school figured it out. He was basically a man whore so.."
"So this is for real then!" I higgled back.
"We'll it keeps him on track of his baby daddy drama."
"Huh, I shoulda called him Ronald!"
"Uh not my son!" He shot back. Yeah I don't think I could ever give my child a name like that.
"So whose he named after?"
"Vic, do you not remember that conversation we had when you started thinking about our future?"
"Uhm.."
"Dude you were planning where we were gonna live in big bear lake over the mountains and you were naming our kids and joking about shoving them in snow."
"Oh yeah.. Vincent."
"I kept my promise didn't I?" I nudged him as he wrapped an arm around my waist to pull me closer.
"I just wish I couldn't been there."
"Me too." I let my head rest on his shoulder as we sat there and remembered our little conversations. Never would I imagine that they would be so impacting, changing my life.
I really did think that could happen at one point. Me moving to San Diego the day I finished high school. Us going to college together and starting careers. Soon, starting out own little family too. Living at big bear over by San Bernardino, snow in the winter and beautiful shade in the summer. I had never gone, but Vic loved going there.
"Yeah we wrote one of our last albums up there. It's great." He said.
"Sounds wonderful." I admitted.
" not as wonderful as you. You know.. I never did stop loving you Kate." I couldn't look up, I know I was blushing out of control at this point. But at the same time, I felt so calm. Like I was so used to this feeling he gave me.
"I-I love you Kate." He turned my head to meet his and pressed his perfect lips on mine. Gentle and so caring, just as they were back in the day. But I could feel more, I felt a longing desire for this, like when an addict gets his heroin. It- he was addicting, his lips giving me a high nothin else could compare to. I kissed back and almost whined when he pulled back. I didn't want to stop there, not yet. I leaned forward and kissed him again, earning a grin from him during the kiss. That grin disappeared and he began biting my lower lip, to which I gave him easy access to my tongue. He dominated the kiss with his neediness and held my face to keep me there. I wasn't planning on pulling away any time soon. This was too perfect, just like back in the day. Back in our days in San Diego that summer..
It seemed so far away, like it had happened in another life time. But at the same time, it seemed just like yesterday when we first met, and first separated. Time flew by so fast. He was in a band, touring around all over the world. Living the dream and making music that inspired so many that looked up to him and the others as heroes.
I was a mother, mother of our child. I probably only worked at Kellin's clothing line now adays. Me and Katelynne, mostly her, would create our own ladies apparel. Seems like it grew so big, so fast. Kids everywhere wanted our stuff. If we opened shops, they'd most likely be packed 24/7!
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah I kinda liked this one alot:) I just don't know when to end this