The Sky Under the Sea

Don't Fall Asleep At The Helm

"Kate?" I opened my eyes slowly to see that Vic's face was staring at me.
"What? Where are we?"
"See for yourself." He backed up and got up to let me see the view. I sat up on a couch that was just sitting here at the beach like it belonged. Above me were two trees that provided nice shade for my spot. I rubbed my eyes and when I looked around again I saw a cooler opened filled with alcoholic drinks, koolaid, other juice pouches and those fancy "bubbly" water bottles. I reached out and took a Capri sun then sucked it all up through the straw, I hadn't realized how thirsty I was until now.
I looked around and saw that we were the only people here, the beach looked amazing, far more amazing from any I've ever seen.
"Where is this?"
"Don't know." He shrugged, pulling out a beer from the cooler and popping the cap off.
"I think it's heaven." He suggested before drinking some of the beer.
"Are we.. Dead?"
"Who knows! I mean, were the only ones here, and this can't be a dream since we're both dreaming it. Actually, I'm not even sure why we're here!" He chuckled at the thought and stayed silent.
I looked around, the beach an ocean seemed to be the only things out there with a few trees behind us, no buildings, people animals..
"SHEEPCAT!" Vic's face lit up as he started to run behind one of the trees, he walked around it and the other one before coming into view again. He had something hidden in his arms as he came and sat on th couch next to me.
"It's real.. Kate, this is a sheepcat." He let his arms open up to reveal the most adorable cat I had ever seen. I was a snowy white color with green eyes, it's fur was really curly and poofy sorta. Like a little baby lamb, but a cat? It leaped off his lap and made its way to me, rubbing and purring against me.
"It's so fluffy!" He tried to take the sheep cat again but it resisted and ignored his calls.
"She likes you." He sighed, scooting closer.
"Yeah, she's adorable.." I looked down at my little friend and just realized this had to be a dream. I let it slide and wanted to enjoy this while I could. It's just a dream.
"Wanna swim?" Vic put an arm around my shoulder and pointed me towards the water.
"What about sheepcat?" I asked, I didn't want to let the little thing go, it was too comfy.
"She can stay, she ain't going no where." I took the cat off my lap and threw my juice pouch on the sand.
"Let's go." I agreed.
He took my hands and led me to the water as he walked back wards, staring at me as I giggled at him.
"It feels great." He said as his feet began to touch the waters. After he walked in I did too, he was right. It was cold, but not freezing, perfect for a warm day like this. I looked up at Vic who took his shirt off and threw it at the beach where it wouldn't get wet.
"Come on Kate." He took a step forward and began to pull mine off. There's no one else here, so I took off my shirt and threw it next to his. I had shorts on, but when I looked down..
"My-my scars th-they.. Look!" My scars, every single one of them, had vanished. Even my tattoos weren't visible anymore. Like I never had them.
"I know. You're perfect." He chuckled, splashing a bit of water on my face.
"Hey!" I went under water and came up, wetting his hair and face as I did. We began to splash each other and laugh.
"Come here." He pulled my legs to him and took me underwater. I had no time to take air, but when I went underwater.
I didn't need it...
"Cool huh?" He asked.
"How is this happening?"
"Who cares? Enjoy the moment love." He was still holding my legs, so when he wrapped them around his waist, I wasn't surprised of what he did next.
"Vic!" He began to kiss my neck and collarbone. He kissed up to my chin and met my eyes.
"I love you." He let his forehead lean on mine as he stared at me. I laughed at how silly he was acting and he let go of me. I swam around and looked up at where the sky was. It looked so amazing down here. It were as if the ocean had its own sky down here, like if it were its own world. It was actually, so many different creatures an life, so different from the land above. It was amazing down here. I let my legs hit the ground and some how, I could walk down here, actually walk under water! Vic came down and walked around, like he knew this was a normal thing for humans. He took my hand and we began to walk under the ocean waves. From time to time he would stop and kiss me. It seemed like we were down here for days... Walking a mile and then stopping for a kiss, then we would walk again. It felt like we had walked a million miles, making it like a million kisses we shared down here. Just walking under the ocean waves with Vic made my life perfect..
"Vic?"
"Yeah?"
"Let's go home?" I gave him a smile and looked up at the sky under the sea.
"This is my home, Kate.. My home is the ocean."
"What?" I was confused.
And at that very moment, all that I had known, was gone. I felt like I was drowning, the bright lights from the sky turned a dark blue and I couldn't see anymore. The I heard voices, like they were singing underwater. But I couldn't see any one else. Not even Vic..
"VIC!" I called out.
"Hurry Kate!" His voice was panicked and serious. I could hear a low humming, singing coming closer, but it was still a bit ways too far.
"Can you see me!" He called my name again, but I couldn't even talk any more, my voice was gone. I began to swim up until I hit the surface, gasping for air and coughing out all the water from my lungs. There was a storm happening, there was no light and all I could hear were the roaring waves and the screams of the creatures that were once singing under the water.
"Vic!" I called out once I could talk again.
"Kate! Where are you!" I heard.
"Over here!"
"I see you! Come closer!" I turned around in a circle but saw no one.
"Where!"
"Can you see me at all!"
"No! The waves, they're too tall!" I called out, the waves were getting bigger and more viscous. One took me under water and I began to drown. I felt someone pull me up and knew it had to be Vic.
"Come on!" He shouted. He dragged me out on the beach and laid me down on the sands.
"The sirens." He muttered.
"What?"
"Nothing, love. Dont listen to them." I was about to ask but I heard the singning again.
"They're calling my name Vic." I realized they were calling me back to the ocean. Like I had to go back and stay there.
"No Kate please dont go. Go to sleep." He smashed his lips against mine hard before pulling away and moving my hair from my face.
"Fall asleep." He hummed. I began to feel tired but I resisted.
"No Vic I-I can't I won't." I felt myself drift away, slowly, making me beg him to stay.
"Please I-I don't wanna fall asleep!"
"You have to Kate, you'll die." I began to cry, sobbing loudly cause I felt like I was slowly dying. The rain hitting my face made it hard for me to tell if I was really crying, but I could feel it.
"I-I can't breathe!" I began to panic and yell from the pain in my chest. My heart was killing me so badly.
"It'll be alright" he took his hands from my cheeks and everything vanished into darkness...

Kellin's P.O.V.

I was driving all the way to Seattle when I heard our song play on the radio. I began to sing along to Iris by the Googoo dolls. It reminds me so much of my best friend. Seems like only yesterday we were at the beach getting to know each other that summer of 2011.
But now, I'm on my way to pick her up. From a jacked up mental recover hospital institution place. Where she does NOT belong.
"Fuck Cara." I sighed. It was thanks to that insane bitch that Kate got her mind all fuzzy. I still remember how it went down.

I had left them in the bus to meet the cops. They got in and apparently Cara got to close to the first cop that stepped to the back of the bus where they were, and she got his gun.
She shot Kate. That was the first gunshot. Then Vic was hit twice as the rest of the cops barged in and took Cara down. I'm glad they killed the bitch. And I thought Kate was the lucky one. Boy was I wrong. I thought she had been shot like in the arm and was losing a lot of blood. I didn't know she was shot in the head and would forget her memory and lose her mind.

I walked into the familiar room and greeted her like the old friend of mine that she was.
"Hello Kellin."
"You remember me?" This was the second time she remembered my name.
"I had my dream again."
"Which one?" I asked.
"The same one I had the last time you came."
"The song one?"
"Yes, I fell asleep." She reminded me. There was a beach and she could swim underwater like a mermaid. but then sirens would come and destroy everything turning her dreams into nightmares. She had told me about it the last time I came to visit. I had brought Vincent to see her one last time before moving to San Diego with his dad.
"You ready Kate?" She nodded her head as I pulled her up slowly from the bed. She winced when I touched her head, but responded with a smile to let me know she was fine. That's a good sign right?
Last time I came one of the nurses came to check up on her. When the nurse touched her head she screamed. But not with me.
"Where we going?" She asked.
"The doctors said we can go outside today. Would you like to go outside? Back home?"
"Yerp." Wow, she said it! Since last year she hasn't said much, but she remembered her favorite word! She's getting better!
I helped her off her bed and got her some clothes I brought with me.
"What's this?" She asked.
"These are your clothes."
"What about my dress?" She held looked down at the hospital gown and back up at me.
"If you want we can keep it, but first, you gotta put this on." She groaned but took her clothes. I turned to give her some privacy to change. She poked my shoulder and I turned to see that she had changed herself with no help. Definitely making progress.
"You wanna come home?"
"Yes." I gave her a smile as I took her hand and led her out her room. We walked down the hall, took the elevator, and got out of this god forsaken shit hole. I had seen how they treated her.
Katelynne lost her memory, she wasn't a mentally challenged dumbass like they treated her to be. I was just happy to have my best friend back. I prayed for this, we all did. We hoped and prayed that one day she would get better and hopefully be back to normal.

"Kellin, where is the boy?"
"Vincent, he's with his father remember? He went to live with his daddy." I waited for a reply but she stayed silent.
"Oh." She said after a few moments. We drove out of Seattle back all the way to our little home town.
"Remember this?" I tried to ask her about everything we saw. She remembered some shops and streets we passed bye. I drove by the Anthem building and she began to cry. It must have triggered something in her.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"I-I remember this, I work here!" She smiled through tears and motioned for me to keep going. I drove away and took her to my place. I helped her out the car and took her inside.
Katelynne and Copeland greeted us with hugs. Katelynne looked a bit worried, but kept her smile on for Kate. They didn't say their names. They wanted to see if she remembered, but did she, could she?
"Cope, baby copeland.." She picked up my little girl and kissed her forehead. My little girl hugged her back just as hard. She missed her aunty!
She looked at Katelynne really hard for a moment. Like she was trying real hard to remember her.
"Katelynne?" She asked. She put Copeland down and examined my wife some more.
"Yeah, it's me" now Katelynne was the one crying.
"What's wrong?" Kate wiped a tear away and looked at her own hands. Her eyes shot wide open before running away to the bathroom.
"Katherine!" Me and my wife shouted together. I went to where Kate had ran to and tried to open the door.
"Kate?" I asked as I turned the knob slowly. When I got it open and peeked inside she was just standing there frozen in front of the mirror.
"What happen to me?" Her eyes quickly flickered to my reflection, then back to hers. She leaned forward, turning her head side to side. Her face and skin were pale from being inside for so long, her nails bit down to nothing. Eyebrows were undone and lips chapped. Her hair now reached down to her stomach, a black color like mine. It was flipped to one side, but was only to cover the patch of short hair they had to cut off for her surgeries. Basically, she was a mess. So much went downhill in a year.
Her hair around the healed scar showed off where the bullet hit her skull. The bullet had hit her above the ear, it hurt me just to look at it.
"What happen to me?" She mumbled to the mirror.
"There was an accident, and you got hurt." I didn't know what to say to her, could she take it all at once? Did she know what happen?
"Yeah I remember that. But.. With the others, where are they? Where's that bitch?" Her face changed to worried to one of pure hatred. I could see fire burning in her eyes as she remembered what happened.
"Where is Cara." She said in a low voice. She sounded like she could kill Cara her self!
"Dead.. Cops shot her when they got in the bus." I said. She looked relieved a bit when she sighed and looked back at her reflection.
"Katelynne, I need Katelynne." I left the bathroom for two seconds to get Katelynne to come with me.
"Wait don't do that!" She snapped at Kate when she entered. I looked in but Katelynne pushed me out of the bathroom.
"What's going on?" I asked my wife.
"Girl problems " she rolled her eyes at me giving a peck on the cheek.
"Call him." She said before shutting the door on my face. She didn't say who or suggest any idea of who it could be, but I knew who I was meant to call.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry th next will be in Vic's P.O.V so h can explain better if u don't get it sorry guys
Cara got shot by Cara in the bus, lost a lot of blood from her head and lost her memory so she's slowly regaining it and a year later she's home finally