The Sky Under the Sea

The Rising Tide

"Kellin, you know I can't come right now dude what the fuck?"
"SERIOUSLY!" I can't say his name. He stayed quiet and all I could hear were muffled voices.
"Look, you said to call the day she gets out. And I did."
" And I appreciate it but.."
"But what!" I was getting really annoyed by him.
"I'm busy Kellin I can't just hop on a plane and go get her-"
"Fuck you." I spat before pressing end on my phone and aggressively shoving it into my back pocket. He had been acting so distant towards everyone. He even cancelled the band's Mexico tour because he didn't want to go.
Why didn't I think about this! Now Kate has no where to go.
We had to rent her house to a pair of girls and we just can't kick them out all of a sudden!
Katelynne and I aren't on the best of terms either. And having Kate here might help us get distracted... But Copeland. Nah she gets it. She better cause this is her favorite aunty I'm thinking about!
"Kellin!" I turned around and walked inside the house, shutting the glass door behind me and locking it. I walked to the bathroom and knocked once.
"Come in!" They said in sync. I opened the door to see my wife and best friend together giggling and holding hands. Kate rolled her head back as my love leaned forward and placed a hand on her shoulder. They were laughing but why?
"What's so funny?" I asked.
"Make over!" Katelynne shouted. They both yelled like teenage girls and walked out the small room shoving me to the hallway out of their way. I followed them to the room but before I could go inside the door was slammed shut.
"Sorry babe! Can't let you in." I let out a big sigh and just turned on my heels to the couch.
After an hour of watching that stupid Rob guy on TV I got up and turned off the TV.
"I'm gonna go take Cope to the park okay!" I shouted as I walked out. I got no response in return so I just got her in her carseat and drove off.

"Dad!"
"Hey booboo." I waited for my hug, but my arms were wide open with no little girl.
"Daddy, don't call me that!" She whispered. She looked both ways to make sure no kids had beard me call her that. I rolled my eyes at her and took her hand to hug her.
"Aww booboo needs a hug." I squeezed my little girl tightly and picked her up as I stood up straight. I blew a raspberry in her armpit and it sent her in a fit of breathless giggles and squeals for me to stop.
"Uncle Jesse" I turned to my left and saw Jesse Lawson walking towards us with his kid. I waved at him to come over. It had been almost a month since we got off out last tour and we hadn't talked much.
"Hey Kellin."
"Hey Jesse. What's up?" I put Copeland down and we all started walking.
"Nothing much, I was in the neighborhood.. You know just walking around with my son."
"Chill.. Copeland and I were bored so I brought her to the park." The kids walked off to some of the swings and we walked over to a tree.
"Where's Katelynne?"
"Home." I sighed at thinking what on earth those two could be doing right now. I sat down and Jesse followed suit.
"Good."
"Why?" I questioned.
"We gotta talk, about us."
"Look Jesse I'm sorry but that night was a mistake you know this." I knew he would bring this up...
The last night of our tour everyone was out partying at the club. Since me and Jesse were married and didn't feel like clubbing we stayed behind and drank to ourselves. After a few bottles we got white girl wasted and kissed. But it wasn't just a simple kiss. No, it felt like we had turned into the younger version of ourselves when we were together. It was heated up and got to the point where he passed out before pulling my pants down to give me a blow job. And thank god!
"Look I don't wanna talk about it either. Please keep this a secret?"
"Of course." I agreed.
"But, when were, you know... Did you, feel anything?"
"I felt drunk." I confessed.
"Yeah but like. Remember when we were.." Oh I get it.
"Jesse, if you're trying to say you still have feelings for me I'm so-" before I could finish what I was saying he pressed his lips to mine. He didn't move, and neither did I. He kept them there for a good three seconds for pulling away.
"Feel anything?"
"Uh, a bit awkward. It's been years dude. I'm sorry but I love Katelynne now, your just my friend."
"I knew it!" He cheered.
"What the fuck?" I snapped at him.
"It was just a test. But what ever I just wanted to make sure you didn't like it or whatever I don't know."
"But.. What if I liked it?" I questioned.
"Well, I guess I'd say that it just can't work out. We're married now, things changed. This would've never worked anyways." I did feel a little tinge in my heart at that. But he was right. There was a reason we had broken up for the better good of the band. It was the best choice for everyone'a sake. If not I would have never met the love of my life. I would have never seen Jesse propose to his wife on stage. We would have never gotten married, never had our kids. Imagining a life with out Katelynne and Copeland is hard. I'm glad it ended up this way.
"Stop being gay and go get the kids." I shoved his arm away and he got up. I'm happy we're just friends...

"Katelynne?" I opened the door and let Cope run inside first. I shut the door behind me and set my Keyes on the small table in the hallway.
"Mom!" Cope turned the corner and disappeared. I sighed and followed wherever she had gone.
"Girls?" I asked. No answer.
"Whatever." I muttered to myself before walking to my room. The door was open so I walked straight to the bed and plopped down on it. I felt a light tap on my shoulder.
"What?" I spoke to the pillow my face was on.
"Look up Quinn." I let out an annoyed grunt and got my face off the bed. I turned to my side and got on an elbow.
"Wow Kate, you look great!" Her hair wasn't a dead color and tangled. Her eyes no longer looked tired and she wasn't giving off that depressing crazy-child vibe anymore.
Katelynne did a real good job. Kate's natural hair was wavy as her bangs were cut short at the brow. Her hair was a nice brown color with high and low lights in it. Her eyes popped with the perfect cat eye eyeliner and it showed that her eyes weren't baggy anymore. Her skin no longer looked pale, but i could definitely she wasnt wearing any bronzed or makeup on her face - except for her eyes- and it made her look so beautiful. her nails were painted black and she was wearing her favorite bracelets on her wrist. She was wearing an anthem tank top with a cross on it and a pair of high waisted shorts. Her black leggings really did complement her legs nicely all the way down to her pumps. She looked perfect.
"Wow." It's all I can say. Words cannot express how beautiful she was.
"She looks perfect right?" Katelynne sat on the bed next to me and lifted my chin for a quick peck.
"You did this?" I asked. She smiled at me and took my hands in hers.
"Do you think they'll like it?" Kate asked.
"Who?"
"The guys, isn't Vic coming to pick me up?" I turned my head to Katelynne, who waved her hands in the air. She gave me an apologetic look and pouted her lips.
"Uhm Vic can't make it tonight."
"Why not?"
"Well, he needs to get everything ready, you know?"
"No... I don't." She stated. I could see the small glint of happiness in her eyes fade away.
"Hey Katey, what about we show off your new look? We can invite everyone over?"
"Sounds pleasant." She answered.
"Let's get some booze!" My wife sighed as she pulled Kate by her wrist and led her out the room. I pulled out my phone and began calling all the guys over. Hopefully this works..
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm gonna make sure to update this tomorrow