The Sky Under the Sea

Make me a promise here tonight

"NO MIKEY"

The same images kept running through my mind each time.
Vic's body on the floor with his hand reaching out for me, covered in his brother's blood. Then Mike next to me with that horrid cut that went from one side of his neck to the other end, spilling blood out each time he spoke. Those words making me scared for my life

"Join me.."

But as he said it for the last time I felt like I was hit by cold water in my face. 'Who did that?' I tried to open my eyes when they fluttered at my sister over me with a bottle of water in my face. She began to take off the thin blue crewneck I had on, Leaving me in a white tank.. Why was she doing that. 'Whats happening?'
A small whimpering cry came out through my lips.

"Kate wake up!" Lucy?

"What the fuck! Vic do something NOW!" I heard Tony yell to Vic, trying to get him to react.

My eyes were still closed, I couldn't move and my heart was Beating so fast it was hurting my chest. What the hell is happening?
"It burns" was all I got out.. Then I lost the ability to talk after that.

"Kate? darling its okay were gonna get you some help now just breathe for me. promise me you wont leave me.. Jaime call someone an ambulance something anything now! Get some fucking help!" Vic, what happened?
At that I heard him next to me, I couldn't tell which side but he started to whisper into my ear.

"Kate please wake up, I know you can hear me. Kate, Darling you'll be okay. I promise.."
His voice cracked at that last part and I could tell he was trying to hold his tears back. He was now holding me up and I felt his legs under me as he lifted me on top of him.

With all my strength I had in me I got to open my eyes.

"Vic-"
"Shh my dear. Save your strength darling, stay strong my love."

He moved my hair from my face and kissed my forehead. I tried to tell him to stay with me and that I needed him here with me. I have to tell him.

"I need you so much.." I breathed out. And with that I lost it again..

"VIC she needs air give her some space!" I heard tony across the room, probably with Jaime trying to talk on the phone.

"NO I won't let her go!"
"Vic what the fuck!"
"NO TONY! I can't lose her. I can't I've already lost my mom and brother I won't lose her! Tone I Love her!"

'He loves me'

With that my heart got even slower and slower with every passing second. But I'm strong, I won't give up without a fight. I wont leave Vic, and I cant leave Lucy alone, I'm all she has. Even with our parents both alive they won't take care of her. I can't even imagine how she feels right now.

'Im so sorry'
'We're dying dumbfuck calm down'
'I can't' once again I'm talking to myself. 'Ugh!'
'Calm down..'

My voice and thoughts began to fade away, fuzzing up into a grey sort of way that I can't even describe..
I opened my mouth to tell him something but all I could get out was,
"Don't go"

' So this is what it's like to die'

-----
VIC's P.O.V.

"Don't go", she whispered. The last two words I' ll ever hear from my beautiful Kate.. Why does this always fucking happen to me.

"Are they here yet!" I yelled after Jaime.
"Vic how? What the fuck?" Tony was so confused at what I had just confessed.
But I couldn't help myself.
I fell for this girl I barely knew. ever since the moment I saw her the other day I couldn't stop thinking about her. Heck I even started writing again and I was about to show her a song I was working on when I came out and found her. But how could she have known Mike? He passed away in May, and why did she react that way? It's all my fault..

"Vic take her outside they're here."

"Lucy call your parents"
"I already did they won't fucking answer me!" She snapped back at me. What the fuck's their problem?
I feel bad for her. I know how that felt like. To lose someone you'll never get back, whose never gonna hear you beg for forgiveness..
I could tell the only one that she had was her sister, Kate.
My Kate whose going to die on me.

"Kate please don't leave me" I whispered into her ear as I began to carry her outside. Paramedics were finally here and were still taking their sweet time.

"Fuck" I heard tony breathe out.
"It's gonna be alright bro, she's going to make it" Jaime reassured as he helped me carry Kate into the ambulance. He could tell I couldn't lift her any longer since I was in so much pain from seeing her like this. So weak and lifeless with a barely beating heart. Just like Mike and my mother. It's all my fault.

I kissed Kate's head one last time and left a quick peck on her lips before she left my arms. At this point I don't care. I'd kiss her even if she were dead.
And with Lucy inside, the doors were shut and they were driving away.

With red eyes and a shaky voice I called out to my friends to the car. Wanting to catch up to her at the hospital.

"Bet you never had a Friday night like this huh guys?" Jaime was still trying to lighten up the mood.
That's my bro, cheesy as fuck.

I heard tony pray in the back seat, praying to Mary for forgiveness and for Kate to still have a beating heart.

"Make me a promise here guys." I asked them.
"Sure anything Vic."
"If she doesn't make it. Don't be suprised if I don't come home tonight." I took a deep breathe through the tears.
"Vic do-"
"No Jaime you don't get it! If you were me you'd do the same. I can't take the bullshit anymore nothing is alright get it? If she goes, well I-I guess I'd rather.." I couldn't finish, the tears and my breaking voice wouldn't let me.
But I could tell they knew what I meant. They knew me too well..
At that I put a CD on and in seconds Dont go by Bring me the Horizon came on. That song just knew how to hit home, and soon we were all singing along. Our voices rough and shakey from today. My voice was giving out as I felt the tears roll down my face from the two last words my dear Kate said today.
"Don't go" I breathed out.

If I lose Kate tonight I won't be able to live with myself. It's all my fault..

I drove up to the emergency room where I could already see Lucy running inside after her sister, being rolled in through the doors as they made their way to save her. With that, we got out the car and were now running out to them. Before I had the chance toget to her, I was forced to stay on the waiting room with the rest. They won't even let Lucy through! So we all decided to stay until we heard from a doctor.
I sat next to Lucy trying to comfort her as she cried on Jaime's shoulder. Holding into him like a defenseless child who had been lost and abandoned by her family.
It's all my fault.

God you Vulture..
♠ ♠ ♠
Will Kate die! Will vic follow her! Tune in to the next chapter to see!
Any questions or opinions?