The Sky Under the Sea

I Dont Care if You're Sick

"Yes doctor"
" nurse Jackie get over here"
"On my way Doc"

'Who are these people'
'What don't ask me'
'I was talking to myself'
' you are'

"Doctor she just moved!"
"Dammit Jackie calm down. You, where is her family check if someone's here they need to know."

'Know what?'

The voices were the first thing I could make out. Now that I was waking up I could hear the beeping of machines. I could tell by what they were saying, how i felt on this bed, and even the smell that i was in a hospital. They're all the same in the end. The way the beds all feel uncomfortable, the food, the way the doctors and nurses carried themselves in the hallways. All the same..

"Kate if you can hear me, move your arms." I raised my hand.
"Good.. Open your eyes now, you have visitors. Are you okay with seeing them?"
"Yes Jackie"
"How do you know me?"
"I heard the doctor."
Oh. Well I'll be back with your friends. And your better now so whenever you want you can go now."
"Thanks." And with that she walked out.
I finally opened my eyes to my little room. On both my arms were little needles that connected to machines on both of my bed. To my left was a screen showing me my heart rate and the beeping of it each time as if to remind me I was alive. I began to lift myself to sit up when I realized my clothes were missing and I was left in these exposing rags they put on me for no reason.
I saw my clothes on the chair at the end of the bed next to the door and tried to reach for it when the door opened up to the nurse walking in on me.
"Come on kids she's right in there."
And with that I fell back onto the bed trying to pull the covers over me.
One by one they walked in. Tony, Lucy, who was now holding onto Jaime's shoulder as he led her in, and then Vic. He looked horrible with his red eyes, and were there bags under them?
Jackie came up to check the monitors and began to disconnect me from all these things and when she was finished I waved her goodbye.

"How long have I been here?"
"Like a day.. Mom and dad came when they got my message that we were here. They just left an hour ago. Do you want me to tell em you're awake?"
"Nah, it's alright. I'm so sorry Lucy I didn't mean to scare you like that."
"It's okay Kate. Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. Next time just try not to overreact."
"Promise" I tried to say as my voice began to break from the tears forcing their way out.
"I love you Lulu" I finally said.
"And I to you Kate" she replied coming at me, giving me a hug that I desperately needed from her.

As we let go I wiped the tears and soon we were all laughing at what happened to me. God is this embarrassing!

"Um guys can I talk to Vic alone please?"

They all nodded and began to walk out of the room.

"What's wrong Kate?"
"I wanna tell you something.." I was starting to get nervous but knew I had to know about what happened.
"What happened to mike?"
"How do you know him?"
"Tell me Vic I want to know."
"Not until you say how the hell you knew Mikey."

He wasn't gonna give me what I wanted to hear. So with that I let out a big sigh and told him about my dream. That when I saw the picture I felt Mike on me again. How when He had wrapped his arms around me and asked me how I knew his brother I saw mike right there in the reflection of the frame. I thought it was mike who was holding me from behind and it scared me to think of this boy I've never met in real life.

"Kate that's impossible how could you know how he looks? Or how he sounds like? How did you know my brother was dead?"
"I don't know. I just don't know okay? Please Vic tell me what happen? You can trust me."
"Alright. Well you know how I basically do whatever I want in the hotel? Well um it's cuz my family owns the hotel. That's why I always talk to the workers and how I met Tony and Jaime. Well
Anyways, last year holiday season, my mother caught my father making out with one of her maids and fired the girl on the spot, threatening that if she ever saw her again near the building she would kill her. My father tried to protect the girl feeling sorry but it just made things worse. My mother began to think that he had been having affairs the whole time, that he probably slept around with other maids and even with the guests. It drove her insane that she wouldn't even look at him. In all honesty it was the first time he had ever done such a thing but to her it was all a lie. By march she went bottom hill. She felt disguised with herself, she thought he didn't love her anymore and soon started drinking in the bar. Then when they wouldn't let her get drunk there she left one night with Mike and never came back. Two days later he came home and told us they had gotten drunk since she had forced him to drive for her and they crashed into a tree. The tree hitting the passenger seat where she was.
After that he told us how that night before the crash they began to fight. She had confessed to him that we didn't share the same dad. He was angry and confronted her on how she cheated on dad and had him, but she went crazy after him just kissing a girl. How out dad loved her so much that he forgave her and took Mikey as his own. He wouldn't tell us what she said but by the looks of it we knew she said some horrible things to him. It hurt him deep to the core and he blamed himself for her death, saying it was his fault and he wasn't looking out for her.
So in May he decided he couldn't take it anymore. He took a broken whiskey bottle and began to cut himself, finally ending his misery with one through his throat.."

Vic couldn't talk anymore the last sentence barely came out in a whisper. He layed on the bed next to me and began to cry on my stomach since he couldn't move any closer. He was so broken by this but he was still here and alive. That's the strongest and most meaningful thing to me. Even with all this happening and his family being torn apart, he held himself together and tried to be strong.

"Vic. I know you're hurt but please don't cry. You're not alone. Your mom and Vic wouldn't want you to feel this way. Come on Vic please. Tony and Jaime are your family now. They love you Vic. They need you. We need you.. I need you. " Now I was crying as well.

"Thank you Kate"

We started to compose ourselves after a good five minutes of crying here on the bed. I started to get up but realized that wasn't a good idea.

"Um V-Vic?"
"Yeah?"
Um-uh can you pass me my clothes? And don't laugh at me!"

He began to laugh when he realized what I meant. Hoping it wouldn't grow awkward he helped me up with his eyes looking straight at the ceiling. I finally got into the small bathroom and began to change. All I need now are my pants. Where are they? FUCK. I left them on the bed.

"Hey Kate here's you-" he couldn't finish what he was going to say now.

He was looking down when he slowly opened the door to pass me my jeans. But in the attempt he saw my legs, he saw the scars, all of them.
As I tried to take my jeans from him before he could look up, he did. He caught a glimpse of all my cuts. his eyes stayed focused on the one I had made the night before I met him. It was a bit deeper than the rest and still wasn't fully healed. I saw as his face turned into pure sadness as he saw it and ran up to me holding me against the sink.

"Kate? Why? Kate my darling please don't do this. Things will get better, I promise."

He pecked my forehead and held me in his arms as I began to cry again. I can't believe he just saw this and didn't judge me, he didn't yell at me, he didn't even look at me different. He just looked at me with his beautiful brown eyes and now was holding me tight. He didn't care if I was this ugly, sick person who almost just died yesterday.

"Kate?"
"Mnh" my face was in his neck so I couldn't say much.
"I love you.." He whispered into my hair.
"I-I, Vic I.." I didn't know what to say.
"Ssh it's alright sometimes it takes time. I understand."

Oh my goodness this boy is perfect.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed his lips. I may not know what love is but if this is what it feels like then...

"I love you too.."

I felt him smile into the kiss as I said that. This time the kiss felt different from the last two. This time it was more passionate and filled with want. He soon had me wanting more and I bit into his lip, earning a soft moan from him as he dove into my mouth and this time I gave him control. As he moved away I took the chance to attack his neck with kisses. Going to the spot by his ear that made him roll himself into me last time. Once again I nibbled the area and his hands were now digging into my hips and rolling onto them. It felt so good as I began to move with his. I slipped off the sink and he was soon holding my on top of him, now sitting on the toilet cover, holding me down straddling him under me.

"Too many clothes" he breathed out.

And with that I began to lift his shirt and soon it was on the floor next to the jeans I had never gotten to put on. I began to kiss his collarbone as he started to move his hands from my hips to my back pulling up my shirt as he went. Soon that was on the floor as well. In a spark of curiosity I rolled myself right on top of the growing bulge in his pants.

"Fu-uck" he moaned as his head rolled back.

With one hand holding his hair I had the other tracing along his skin as it got closer to his stomach. I rolled my self one more time as he softly began to kiss my collarbone, earning me love bites there. I slowly undid the button and as I was pulling down the zipper I heard him sigh under me.

"We don't have to if you don't want to."
"I need to."
"Kate are you sure?"
"Do you want me or not"

I couldn't take it, I wanted this boy in the most unromantic way possible. At that answer he started to kick his jeans off, leaving two pieces of fabric in between us. I began to play with the hem of his boxers As my hand made its way into them. I felt him right under me and when I finally held it in my hand I felt Vic's hips buck up on me. I wanted to make him feel good. I began to move my hand up and down, and soon I was pumping him up, caressing his bludge as he moaned my name and random things in Spanish that I knew were dirty.

"Kate I- I'm gonna" was all he could say at this point and I knew what he was trying to say.

With that I began to go faster as he rolled his head back and with the flick of the wrist I took the chance to attack his chest with kisses and bite the skin here and there.

"Ka-Kate" he moaned louder.

At that a knock on the room door.
"Hey guys you done talking?" Tony called out to us.

I began to go faser knowing we were running out of time.

"Fuck this." I breathed out.
"What are y- Oh God KATE"
He got louder as I got down and took his boxers off of him. If I was going to finish him I had to do it the right way. I took him into my mouth and began to bob my head when as he started to go wild . I looked up as he grabbed my hair with one and bit down the other as he tried to hold down his screams. In seconds I was spitting out what he had in him as his eyes were closed shut from what just happened. I never did this before but wow something about Vic made me just want to do all these things.

"Hey what's going on in there?" I heard Jaime outside the door.
With one last peck on the lips we got up and began to gather up our clothes. Helping dress each other up and finally after looking at the mirror we walked out the bathroom and sat cross legged from each other on the hospital bed.

"What the fuck guys" Vic started as they finally decided to check on what we were doing.
"Nothing just making sure you guys aren't Tryna make babies on the bed." Jaime chuckled out as he made his way to the chair.

Me and Vic looked at each other and began to laugh at what happened. Luckily for us we were in the bathroom and finished in perfect timing.

"I love your voice" I whispered into Vic's ear, turning his cheecks a bright red color.

"Next time I'm on top"