The Sky Under the Sea

Lets Cheers to This

VIC's P.O.V.

Damn sunlight. I stared to open my eyes, looking at how the first rays of the sun hit the buildings all around as the morning came. It's such an amazing view. God, if only she was awake.. I chuckled as I moved closer to play with her hair. I want to be the first thing she saw today, and every day for that matter. I love her so much. I cant imagine being with anyone else. With the thoughts of her in my life forever I heard her shuffle under the covers as she began to stretch keeping her eyes shut tightly.

"Vic" she breathed as she stretched her arms in the air.
"Yeah?"
"You know I love you right?" She questioned, opening her eyes to look at me.
"Yes I do, and as long you're here with me. I know I'll be okay." I whispered as I went to peck her lips.
"Then at least let me freshen up Vic."
She got up to look for her pants that she kicked off last night to sleep better. She walked around the room so casually not even bothering to cover up her legs. I don't want her to but if she did I wouldn't mind. I saw why. Her upper legs were covered, almost wrapped around the self inflicted scars she created. She was always nervous when we were with the others about showing them. Even at the beach she wouldn't take off her shorts. But I didn't care. I just want her to stop hurting herself. I can't stand the thought of seeing her in pain. I love her. I know things wont always be perfect. But with my help she can stop someday.. I did. I looked down at my wrists and moved the thin bracelets I had on. I was suprised Kate hadn't seen the faded scars yet. And I would tell her tonight. Right after a night of me serenading her with the help of my trusty buddies.

-----
Kate's P.O.V.

'I have the best boyfriend'
I thought about this as I wet my face a bit in the small sink. I finally found a group of people who didn't hate me, but accepted me and became such a big part of my life this summer. As I walked out of the bathroom I sat next to Vic on the bed, his eyes fixed on me.
"What Vic" I questioned as he wouldn't take his eyes off of me.
"Nothing. Can't I just stare?"
"No SeƱor you cannot" I said trying to use the Mexican accent I didn't have.
"Oh really now!" He challenged as he layed down, pulling me so that we stayed like that for a while. Just enjoying the moment.
Until..

"Kate? Kellin?" It was Jaime.
"What!" Vic snapped at his friend, full of frustration at why he was stopped.
"We gotta go."
"Ugh. Why!"
"Uhm Kate you gotta go back now Lucy left and your moms looking for you!" He finally said.
"Shit!" I shouted as I moved off the bed to slip on my shoes.
"Sorry Vic I gotta go now hon I'll see you later I love you so much you mexican." I went back to peck him before I got out our room.
"Kate I know, go before you get in trouble." I knew he would understand.
"I'll see you later" and with one last kiss I got out the room and went for the elevators. I walked into the room and saw my mom on the phone.

"Hey you two!" I said to let them know I was here. Before she could hang up I went for the bathroom to take a shower.

I didn't see Vic for the rest of the day. Or the next. Turns out my parents were looking for me because my father wanted to go to Disneyland as a family for the first time. It was amazing. I had never gone before but everything was just as I imagined as a kid and more. The rides were fun, the lines were long. But seeing how the Disney characters just talked to the kids was great, I was watching them take pictures with some kids when I was shoved by some jerk.

"Move i-wait you're the girl from the beach? Hey babe where's Fuentes at." He chuckled as a grin sat in his face.
" why do you care Oliver?" I snapped.
"Well I don't see him so I guess I can do this." He pushed his lips against mine harshly. I kept my mouth shut and stood shocked until I felt my knee jump up right up in between his legs, causing him to fall to the ground and hold himself in a fetal position. I went down to see if he was okay and make sure i hadn't done any real damage until.
"You bitch. This is war now you prick." I could sense the anger coming off of him.
"Come on, I wont hesitate to do it again." I warned walking away.

"Whoo YOU GO GLENN COCO!" What the hell? I turned to see who it was and spotted Kellin eating a burger walking my way, away from the boy on the floor.
"Hey kellin what are you doing here."
"Oh nothing much just enjoying the beautiful weather."
"At Disneyland?"
"What? I do what I want."
"Come on Kells" I said as I yanked him and made our way to the rides.

We spent the rest of the afternoon together, catching up with my family and just running around to find all the Disney characters we could take pictures with. We talked more and I told him everything. Vic, my family, all the people back home who judged me, and finally my scars.
"Kate I'm so sorry" he said as he held me for a tight hug. My eyes started to water as I told him about the last nights I had hurt myself. I trusted Kellin and knew he wouldn't judge me. That and the fact that I felt like he could be my best friend.
"It's okay Kells. Being here and actually meeting you guys showed me it gets better. I finally have somewhere that I can call my home, where I belong, friends who love me. I won't let it slip out of my grasp. This is my life and nothing those idiots back home do can bring me down anymore." I knew I meant everything. I could finally move on in my life and let go of the past.

"Where are you from anyways?"
"Michigan." with that his eyes grew wide open and he jumped shouting how he lived there and could visit me and we could be besties until he saw the look on my face.
"Sorry Kate. Got a little pumped up right there. Whoo!"
"A little? Really?" I teased as he stuck his tongue out.
"come on your my best friend now Kate, how can I not be excited?"
"Really!"

'No he isn't' theres that voice again.

"Yerp!" Oh my gosh he said yerp! Now we were definitely besties. As the day went on he told me more about himself, his family, and the ex. He had only told the boys they were having a break but what really happened was that they split up long ago and were divorced now. It changed him and made him a new man, he began to write music and formed a band with friends. Sleeping with sirens. He took my phone and began to play with it and showed me some material they had. It was amazing!
"Come on Kate you know Vic and the guys are better."
"What?"
"Wait Vic didnt tell you him and the guys are in a band?" They what?

'He lied to you, so what everyone does' stupid voice just shut up!

"Hum no he didn't tell me" I said sort of feeling left out.
"Really? Here lemme show you. He pulled out his phone and showed me a video of the boys playing at the hotel.
"Good huh?" He asked. They were better than good. They were amazing! I usually stuck to 90's punk pop and some new bands but now Kellin was getting me into the more recent bands of our generation. He told me the guys started last year and were sending material to record companies and got called back a few months ago. They were all eager and happy until Mike's loss. He was their drummer and with out him It wasn't the same..

We kept talking about other things and being goofy before I had to leave. We said goodbye as I left back for the hotel with my family. As we drove up I could already see Vic walk out of the lobby with a guitar in his hands. I smiled as he mouthed for me to meet him up later at the back house. I wonder what he could possible want with me.

'Absolutely nada!' I hate that voice..
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah here's another chapter guys!