Patrick the Friendly Giant

The day i saw the truth

I was walking home, minding my own business, listening to my iPod. Everyone in the town was my friend, although I was so different to them. I was a giant. Not just a guy who was taller than average, I mean an actual giant. Whistling to my favourite tune I suddenly felt a light thud on my foot. Pulling a headphone out of my ear I looked down to see Joe Trohman, crying his eyes out.

"What's wrong little fella?" I asked.

"Don't you 'little fella' me, you just smashed my brand new Gibson with your freak foot, you're a freak. And no one likes you, they just pretend to so you wont hurt them." he sobbed and snarled at the same time. That hurt.

Before I knew it, I was crowded with a mob of angry people, shouting and complaining that I'd destroyed their city. I turned around, and sure enough, about 50% of the buildings were beaten to the ground. I suddenly realised that this was my doing, and that I'm a monster. I ran off, destroying more buildings as I went. I now live in a cave, near the ocean. And I haven't listened to my iPod since.

Every now and again, I have to sleep at the top of the beach, because my cave has flooded where the tide has come in. Those are the worst nights, not because of the cold, because people throw sticks and stones at me, keeping me awake by calling me names. 'Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me?' They all seemed to hurt at the moment.

Thankfully, I was in my cave tonight so I could sleep peacefully. Oh and before I forget, my name's Patrick.
♠ ♠ ♠
yes the chapters are small.....