Patrick the Friendly Giant

friends or enemies

I'd made a new best friend, Pete. Pete was cool. About a week later we were walking along the beach, in daylight, with everyone watching us. In a way I know they all hated me, but I was glad I had Pete by my side. I looked to my side to smile at him and he was… about 50 feet away from me. Avoiding my gaze when I looked at him, I didn't think anything of it at that moment in time.

Later that evening Pete had come over again to the beach, we were sitting in the soft sand as the tide was in over the cave. He was sitting quite far from me, and every time someone would pass he'd take a stone out of his pocket and throw it at me.

"You've been doing that all day!" I yelled.

"What?" he looked puzzled.

"Acting like you don't want to be with me in front of others, I ignored it earlier but now you're throwing stones and they fucking hurt," a tear fell down his cheek.

"I'm sorry," he edged closer to me."Get the fuck away from me, you obviously don't want to be with me!" I got up and ran, ran and ran. Not knowing where to go, while Pete just watched.

The next morning I woke up in a large cage. I shot up and started yelling.

"No need to shout dear, I'm right here," a voice mused. He was wearing a red tuxedo and a black top hat.

"W-w-who are you?" I stuttered.

"Mr. Urie, but you can call me Brendon," he smiled.

"O-okay, Brendon. Can you let me out of here p-p-please?" I asked politely.

"No can do, you work for me now. We're going to Chicago, everyone's going to love you there," he grinned even wider. I frowned. But, isn't this what I wanted? To get away from Pete? And my cave? And for everyone to love me?Brendon walked away and Dr. Benzedrine appeared at my side. Dr. Benzedrine was my good conscience, kind of like the angel sitting on your shoulder.

"Patrick I know what you're thinking, you can't stay here! What about Pete, and the people who love you?" he asked.

"Nobody loves me," I sobbed. Suddenly Mr. Sandman appeared, he was like the devil on your other shoulder.

"Exactly, and if you stay here you'll become famous, and rich!" he cheered.

"He won't become rich, Brendon Urie will. He's just using Patrick to make money!" I just sat there while Benzedrine and Sandman argued.

"Oh wah wah! It's not like anyone else hasn't! Patrick, remember Pete? The boy who pretended to like you?" he teased.

"Fuck off," I spat at him. God, I was going crazy!

"Patrick all you have to do is say who you're siding with, and you know the other will disappear," Dr. Benzedrine said. His voice comforted me.

"I'm siding with you, Dr. Benzedrine. Forever and always. Run along now Sandman," I teased as he evaporated. "How are we going to get out of here?" I complained.

"You have to be a monster," Benzedrine sighed, "you have to appear so beastly to the audience that Brendon loses money, and therefore, releases you."

"Yeah, you're right. As always."
♠ ♠ ♠
this is set a few days after pete saw patrick...