Patrick the Friendly Giant

The first show

The first show was in ten minutes and I was nervous. I'd never purposely been mean to anyone, let alone a whole crowd. Brendon walked in and gave me the biggest grin ever.

"Patrick, my dear, here's what you do: you act so horrid in front of the crowd that they start to scream, then I will get some of the boys to restrain you, pretend to struggle, and you will be put in your cage. I will then ask if a volunteer will keep you company and you will attempt to lash out at the volunteer which is when I will blow this," he held out a small whistle and blew it gently, "which is when you will act hypnotised as if you are in a trance, and we will release the volunteer."

"But what if no one volunteers?" I asked.

"Somebody always does, Patrick. It's the rule of the circus," his smile faded slightly and unlocked the cage door, "are you ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be," Unfortunately. What was I gonna do now?

As Brendon announced the "highlight" to his show, it was my cue to walk out and start out nice, but freak at a camera flash, was it? Ah well, I'll do that.I walked out waving, when suddenly an idea popped into my head. With an even bigger grin I continued walking, when I got to the middle of the hall, it was my cue to be horrible, someone flashed a camera. I roared my loudest I could and started making my way towards the camera flash, grunting as I went. Immediately people started screaming, and ropes were restraining me. I got shoved into my cage as the next part of my plan was about to make way.

"We need a volunteer, hopefully one who knows all the words to the song Nine In The Afternoon as that is his favourite song," Brendon announced.Immediately someone shot their hand up and the ring leader called him up to the front.

"What's your name son?" Brendon asked.

"I'm Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz… the third. But call me Pete," when I heard those very same words given to me when I met this boy, this boy that, truly, I loved, my heart skipped a beat. In a good way.

"Then please step inside the cage and start singing softly, Pete," Brendon smiled.

'Cause it's nine in the afternoon
And your eyes are the size of the moon
You could, 'cause you can, so you do
We're feeling so good, just the way that we do
When it's nine in the afternoon