Patrick the Friendly Giant

I might as wel

I honestly can't sing for toffee but I might as well. Patrick roared and went to hit me just as a whistle blew.

He lifted me up and whispered softly, "Please play along, I know I was a dick but I love you, and I need to get out of here."

"I love you too," was all I could manage.

"Me crush bones now!" he yelled. Already people were running out of the building and people were attempting to get me out of the cage. Patrick turned around so they couldn't see and took a yo-yo from his pocket, he crushed it and as it cracked I yelled out as if in pain. I heard more screams as Patrick lifted me and put me in his pocket (not the one with the broken yo-yo, that would hurt) and pushed past the people trying to get in his cage and out of the building. People were screaming to put me down but Patrick kept yelling things like "my scruffy boy" and "Pete taste good" and utter nonsense that not even I understood.

"Which car's yours? Or should I say your mom's?" he laughed lightly and as I peeked out of the pocket I noticed we were in the parking lot.

"The pink one," I grumbled, then chuckled as I realised how I sounded.

"There you go then," he placed me in the driver's seat and gave me the warmest smile I've ever experienced.

"Pete, my cave is really big and I was wondering, since you're my only friend and I love you and you love me, maybe you could-" he started.

"Yes," I said simply.He embraced me in a giant hug (no pun intended) and I prayed he wouldn't let go.

****

3 years later and we are living in a specially made house, just for us, with our new dog, Hemingway.