Status: Chapter One only (writing will depend on feedback)

Safety and Peace is just a Lie

The Eagle

Altair watched his father inquisitively as he wielded his blade with such aggressiveness, swinging it fiercely left to right as he dodged jabs from his opponent. He eyed every move like a hawk, as his father managed to disarm the opponent and leave him gasping for breath on the floor.

"The way you wield your blade is very impressive, Umar. You improve with every session," Rashid stated approvingly. "Altair certainly seems impressed," he added, moving his right arm in the direction of Altair's position.

Umar bowed his head, "Thank you, Mentor,". He held out a helping hand to his opponent, who was still trying to take a grasp of his breath. "Thank you for your time," Umar said gratifyingly.

The opponent bowed, "It was my pleasure, Umar," before taking off for the village of Masyaf.

Rashid turned to Altair, "Perhaps one day you will wield a weapon as commendably as your father, Altair."

Umar sheathed his sword and walked over to where his son was standing proudly. He gave him a slight hug and ruffled his hair. "Maybe one day, my son," he laughed lightly.
"Come, it is getting late and we must leave." He turned to Rashid and bowed his head, "Mentor".

Rashid returned a slight bow and ushered the father and son away.

-x-x-x

The animus opened slowly and Desmond found himself back in the real world.

"Back so soon Mr Miles?" Vidic spoke disapprovingly.

Desmond scratched the back of his head. "This is all too weird," he murmured.

"Are you okay, Desmond?" Lucy asked with a concerned tone.

"Yea–" Vidic interrupted before Desmond could answer.

"Of course he's okay. 3D projections of his genetic memories can't harm him," Vidic scoffed, impatiently.

"I'd like to see you get inside this thing, with absolutely no perception of where you are or the purpose of you being here," Desmond retorted.

"Oh stop being petty, Desmond," Vidic spat.

"No! Fuck you, I want answers god damn it!" Desmond jumped down from the animus to confront Vidic.

"I think that's enough for today, Miss Stillman, if you don't mind showing Desmond to his room" With that, Vidic exited the room, leaving Desmond with only Lucy to interrogate.

He turned to Lucy, "What the fuck is his problem?".

Lucy flashed Desmond an apologetic look, "That's just Vidic being Vidic, you'll get used to it,".

"I don't want to get used to it, I don't even want to fucking be here!" Desmond argued.

"Sorry Desmond, we can't discuss that matter," Lucy stated, her tone still apologetic.

Desmond's face scrunched up, "Screw that, if you don't mind, I'd like to get some rest,".

Lucy ushered him to a very minimalistic room containing a bed and a bathroom.

"Good bye Desmond, try and get as much sleep as you can. Warren has a lot planned for you," Lucy declared as she left the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wasn't going to write one but I decided to anyway. The feedback that I get on this chapter will determine future writing, so any feedback will be appreciated.