Status: Updates up as fast as I can

The Story in Me

1

“I can’t believe we’re in line to meet Pierce The Veil! Do you understand the magnitude of what we’re about to do, Cori?!” My friend Callie screeched from our noisy spot in the huge mob in front of one of the many merch tales lined up in a parking lot in San Fransisco.

“I do! think we should back up though, maybe we’ll get to spend more time with the boys?” I suggested hopefully.

“Fine, but if they cut out short I am going to murder you in your sleep!”

The scary thing is, she would. Pierce The Veil is her favorite band, and we’d never never made it to the meet ‘n greets. Something always came up. Last time it was my serious neck injury by a crowd surfer who probably should have stayed on the ground. Now, our fifth PTV concert, we are in line to meet the band. We made our way to the back by letting about twelve excited girls and guys in front of us. Callie talking nonstop in my ear the entire time. Yes. I was excited to meet the band.

I’ve been in love with their guitarist, Tony, for aslong as I’ve known about there amazing band, and their even better music. Tony Perry is his name, and he loves turtles, Star Wars, and he’s covered in tattoos.

Why am I not squealing like Callie about meeting the band, you might ask? Well, that would be because my tummy is filled to its brim with butterflies and I feel nauseous. Maybe meeting them would be a bad idea.

‘How could meeting these marvelous boys be a bad idea?’

“This is gonna be awesome!” I whisper-screech to myself.

“Oh my God. I know!” Callie said giddily.

“I might pass out, Callie. I don’t know if I can do this.”

“You’ll be fine. But for the record, if you pass out, Tony will for sure remember you.” Don’t I know it.

Callie’s long fingers gripped my arm, and I was sweating in the heat of the mid-afternoon sun beating down on us in the crowded group of young misfit teens seeking solace of a music festival filled with their saviors. My long legs were shaking with anticipation as we waited.

Were almost to the front of the line, only three more girls to go. I can see Vic. There’s Mike, and Jaime. I scanned the table, no sign of Tony. I scanned the crowds nearby, also no signs. My heart sank.

“Tony isn’t even there, Callie.” I mumbled sadly.

“At least the rest of them are? Maybe he’s on the bus resting, or going to the bathroom.”

“Yeah. Maybe.”

The girls in front of us left. Our turn. Vic looked at us and smiled brightly. Jaime’s eyes wandered to my shirt.

“Hey! Nice tank!” Jaime burst.

“Thanks! I bought it last year!” I giggled.

“I love you guys!” Callie burst out. Her hand flew to her mouth. “Sorry.”

“Thank you!” Vic high-fived her.

“Thanks!” Mike and Jaime said together. Mike punched Jaime on the shoulder.

“I do too, just so you know.”

“That’s sweet! What’re your names?” I noticed we were loitering at the table longer than the other girls, and that was fine by me.

“I’m Callie and this is Cori.” Callie said, giggling in excitement.

I smiled brighter. “If you guys don’t mind, where’s Tony?” I asked hesitantly.
“He’s right here.” A voice said off to my left. I looked over, and my heart lurched. Tony Perry himself stood there, attempting to get behind the table despite all of the fangirls claws and screams.

“What’s up?” He said, smiling, when the crowd calmed down. He looked up at me. Callie and the rest of the guys were talking. Callie looked over at me and nudged me with her elbow.

“I-I I-I...” The light faded from the worded and went black as I tried to talk to Tony Perry.