Sequel: Nightmares
Status: This won't be more then 10 chapter. I'm not sure on the length yet.

Daylight

So let's think of something better

I was starting to become really good avoiding Zayn. He would call me and I would have some excuse for why I was busy. I probably should just man up and talk to him and tell him how hurt I feel, but I just couldn't bring myself to. I sat on the blue couch in the middle of Brendon's living room staring at the big tv in front of me. I was completely hooked on the trashy show I was watching until, I heard the catchy lyrics to Best Song Ever. I rolled my eyes at the fact even when I was trying my hardest to avoid Zayn I couldn't actually avoid him. I quickly clicked the telly off not wanting to see Zayn's face on my telly.

I stood up and walked into the kitchen to find Brendon making a cup of tea and his phone pressed up to his ear. I walked over to the fridge and opened up the door and pulled out the bottle of orange juice.

"Who was that?" I said as I watched Brendon put his phone in his pocket of his grey jeans.

"Nobody," I could tell he was lying.

"Okay I'm not mom, you don't have to lie to me," I said pouring the orange juice into my glass.

"I was talking to Zayn," he said hesitantly.

"Oh," I said stopping. "What did he want?" I asked trying to sound like I didn't care.

"He wanted to know why you're avoiding him," Brendon said as he sat his phone on the counter.

"I'm not avoiding him," I lied.

"We both know that's a total lie. If you weren't avoiding him you would be spending every minute with him," I hate that in this moment that Brendon knew me so well.

"Okay so maybe I am avoiding him, I can't help it."

"Why don't you just go talk to him and tell him you're hurt?" Brendon said leaning up against the counter.

"Because don't if I can see him," I said as I felt my eyes start to brim with tears. "I'm scared when I see him again we're going to break up." He stared at me like he had no idea what to say to me.

"You need to talk to him no matter what," he said before walking towards the living room. "I'm going to call him and tell him to come over."

I didn't say anything I just kind of stared at the wall blankly. I knew I probably wouldn't have much time until Zayn would be knocking on Brendon's front door. I walked off into my room and wondered if I should try to leave or if I should just talk to Zayn.

I paced my room for about ten minutes before I heard a knock on my door. I assumed it was Brendon so I told him to come in.

I look over at my door to see Zayn standing there. "Hey," he said awkwardly.

"Hi," I said sitting on the edge of my bed.

"I think we should talk," he said sitting on the bed next to me.

"Probably," I said looking down at the floor.

"Why have you been avoiding me?" He asked.

"Because I don't know how much longer we can laugh, and the thought of us breaking up terrifies me."

"Do you want to break?" he asked.

"Not really, but do you want to have to keep worrying about me, and feeling like you have to babysit me?" I hated that we were having this argument.

"I worry about you because I love you," he said reaching over and grabbing my hand. "But maybe we should take a break while I go back to America for the premier of the This Is Us, and when I get back we can see if we should get back together." Him wanting a break may my heart wang to shatter.

"That's sounds like a good idea," I lied.

I actually hated the idea of us taking a break.
♠ ♠ ♠
CT: Forest by Twenty One Pilots

I'm sorry it's been so long. What do you guys think about them taking a break.