Status: Active and updating

Darling You'll Be Okay

I Swear This Time I Mean It

Jaime's POV
After I heard the front door slam shut and heard Vic start up his car, I knew he left. He left me alone, left me alone in his room to cry without him.
I began to cry my eyes out as I crawled into Vic's bed and made myself into a little ball. I wasn't crying because Vic had struck me, I cried because I saw the look in his eyes. He felt attacked and hurt. I couldn't blame him. I was supposed to make Vic happy and feel loved but I was acting like an asshole towards him. After crying for what seemed like hours, I was finally done with my pity party, I grabbed my phone from my pocket and called Tony. I needed someone to talk to and I knew I could talk to him and that he'd understand. I mean, what are best friends for right? Listening to my gay argument with my boyfriend, I'll tell you that right now.
The phone seemed to ring forever.
"Hello?" Tony answered sounding confused as to why I'd call him.
"To-Tony?" My voice was shaky.
"Jaime, you okay?" Tony asked.
"Y-yeah, uh actually no." I started crying again.
"Jaime dude what's wrong?!"
I cried a little more and sighed. "Oh god, I'm sorry for just calling you and crying but Vic and I got into a fight and I just, I just really need someone."
"Oh my god, are you okay? What happened?" He asked.
"I-I ugh it's a long story really, and stupid but I just I don't know Tony."
"Jaime, don't worry. I'll be there in about ten minuets. You can tell me all about it, and if the reasons valid I'll go kick Fuentes ass." He chuckled.
I managed a small smile, fucking Tony. "O-okay." I hung up and cried more. I couldn't believe that Vic and I fought yet again, and it was over something so stupid. I wanted to marry Vic, I don't know why I just didn't admit it. Next thing I know, I heard the doorbell ring and I knew Tony was finally here. I got out of the bed and wiped my tears before opening the door.
"Jaime?" Tony said before he embraced me in a hug. "What happened?" Tony's hug only made me cry more. We let go of the hug and made our way to the couch.
"Tony." I sobbed out. Tony just held me and made me feel secure. I'm lucky to have a best friend like him.
"It's okay. Calm down. Breath." Tony was now rubbing my back. I took some deep breaths and tried to get a hold of my breathing.
"Okay." I said after one last breath. "Vic and I-" I took a breath again to keep myself calm. "We went to the store to get decorations for moms and pops vow renewals." I teared up.
"Jaime, breath." Tony reassured me.
"Uhm, we went to the store and Vic said that he couldn't wait until our wedding and-." another breath. "I-I hesitated with a response and we started to fight about it. We left the store and came back here and still argued. Things were said." Sobs escaped and I cried into my hands. Tony hugged me and was there to listen. I breathed again and wiped my tears. "We called each other nasty names and told each other to fuck off. After that I said the most horrible things to Vic and he slapped me and left." I couldn't keep my tears in anymore. I started to sob into Tony's shoulder. Tony just rubbed my back again and told me to breathe because that seemed to calm me down. I did as I was told and it was now Tony's turn to talk.
"First of all, I'm sorry man." Tony looked at the front door. "Second, I know you two are gonna make up. You two better." He smiled. "And third,just give Vic sometime, if you're so sure its your fault and I don't know the whole story just giving you my input, you'll let him know you're sorry." He looked down at me and smiled. "If you guys don't make up by the morning, I'm going to do something about it.
I snorted and rolled my eyes. "Yeah right, Perry."
"Don't push me Preciado." He waved his finger and we both laughed. He sighed and leaned back. "It's good that you're laughing now, are you in any condition to be left with your thoughts? Cause I can stay for a while and just chill with you till you feel better."
I brushed away the remaining tears and smiled. "T-that would actually be nice, thank you Tone."
He shrugged. "It's my duty to make my best friend feel better, anyways do you want to stay here or we can go back to my place, you know I have a lot to do at my house and..." Tony trailed off.
"You're bored at your house, aren't you?"
He nodded as he looked down. "Uh- being the only child in a big house kind of really sucks you know?"
I laughed. "Alright, we'll lets go then." I got up and followed Tony out the door and to his car. I slid into the seat and a sudden rush of uneasiness settled into me. I don't know why going to Tony's house made me feel a little uh I don't know I can't really explain this. Maybe My emotions are just everywhere from Vic. Yeah, most likely that's it. I buckled the seat belt and sighed. Tony placed his hand on my shoulder and I looked up at him.
"Hey man, you okay?"
I nodded. "I guess just thinking about Vic and that's all."
"Dude, come on we'll hang out and have fun for a little, trust me this will help."
I smiled and nodded. "Maybe I can teach you a little about soccer, just a little ya know to lazy and all right now." I chuckled and Tony started up the car.
"We'll see Preciado, we'll see." He laughed as he backed out of the drive way.
-
Vic's POV
I stopped the car and cut the engine, I looked down as the tears slowly made their way off my cheek and into my lap. I looked up at actually where I've decided to go. I looked at the time and it wasn't even four yet. I looked up at the school campus and saw that a lot of kids where still here. I got out of my car and locked it. I quickly made my way up the stairs of the school and threw the gates. I wondered down the campus and to the elective buildings we had. I opened the door and walked into the vacant hall. I took out my phone and looked at the time, I sighed and put it back into my pocket. I walked up to the door I was looking for in specifics and saw that it was opened. I peaked inside and saw Mrs. Arbizu sitting at her desk typing away. I knocked on the door and she looked up.
"Vic, hi what are you doing here?"
I felt the rush of tears stream down my face and I looked down quickly whipping them. "I was just, I was just around and thought that I'd come by and say I don't know, hi."
"Come in." She got up and walked to the door, quickly closing it. She looked at me and gasped.
"Oh my god, you're crying why?"
I felt more tears escape my eyes while she hugged me and lead me next to her desk. "Sh sh no Vic don't cry, I'll cry." She laughed.
I sat in front of her and she reached into her fridge she had and pulled out a bottle of water. "I know it isn't warm tea or anything to make you feel more cozy but just drink and relax."
I opened the bottle of water and took a sip. She smiled as I set the water down. "Now Vic, sweetheart what happened?"
I looked up at her and sighed. "I'm sorry to be crying to you about my problems but I just didn't know who to come to and I'm sorry." I cried into her chest.
She rubbed my arm and shushed me to calm down. "No it's okay Vic, I told you I was always here for you. What happened?"
I pulled away and took a deep breath. "Well Jaime and I, we got into this fight. I let something so small and stupid and pointless really to get so big."
"Aw, are you crying about the fight?" She asked.
"Yes and no," I admitted. "Yes about the fight and no because he's going threw so much right now and I feel like I added more onto him and I'm not suppose to do that as his boyfriend I'm suppose to not put so much more stress on him. And I can't believe I hit tahim."
She looked at me. "You hit him?"
"More like a soft slap." I sighed and started to cry again. "It was still wrong. I shouldn't of done that." I cried into my hands.
"What did he say to make you slap him?" She asked as she rubbed my back.
"Just well okay my parents are getting their vows renewed next month so him and I decided to be gay and go look for decorations, so I saw the worlds cutest wedding frame and I said to him 'Oh Jaime can't you wait for our wedding?' Or something along that line and he didn't seem very all for the idea and I got mad and turned that little something into something big and I just let my hurt take over me. Even though he said he would and we just said a lot of hurting things that I'm not going to say again and it just really hurt and made me cry and in the heat of the moment I didn't mean to I just slapped him and Mrs. Arbizu I didn't mean to." I sobbed onto her and she quickly shushed me, her arms tightly around me as she rocked back and fourth humming.
"Vic, it'll be okay."
"I think I messed up."
"Hey," She pulled away and looked at me. "If anything you and Jaime love each other right?"
I nodded. "Yeah w- we do."
"Then you guys will fix this Vic, trust me. If you guys have those feelings you guys make yourself out to have, then trust me it will all fall into place and work out." She smiled as she rubbed my hair with her fingers, I smiled.
"You know, theirs so much more to you than just a teacher." I smiled.
"Promise me one thing though, Vic." Her tone turned serious.
"Yeah?" I nodded.
"Well more like two. First and most important when you and Jaime get married because I know you two will, promise to invite me to your guys wedding? And second just please, please know your future, in whatever you do. You're our future Vic, and if you don't know it, how can you change it and the present, for better or for the worse. You're my favorite student and you mean a lot to me. If I see you do bad it will be like me seeing my own son doing bad. I want you to do good, not bad. So please just promise me those two things?"
I felt the tears escape my eyes as I pulled Mrs. Arbizu in for a tight hug. "You're the best, you know that right? But yes I swear okay? I promise you. I won't let you done."
She laughed as she wrapped her arms around me. "Good, you're a great kid Vic." We pulled away and she looked at the clock. "I have to be getting home, I never do this but you're the greatest do you want to come over with me? You can meet my husband and my baby, you can stay for dinner too. You're in no condition to be alone. We can finish talking about this."
I smiled and teared up a little more. "That would be great, thank you." We both walked out of the classroom and down the hallway. Seriously she's the best.
-
Jaime's PO.V
After Tony and I hung out for a couple of hours, he dropped me off at Vic's house.
"Bye Tony." I waved as he waved me off. Walking into the house was a bit quiet. Everyone was in their rooms sleeping. I walked up the stairs to Vic's room and I saw him snuggled up in his bed reading. I walked in and grabbed my pillow, a blanket and my PJ's and went to Mikes room. Vic didn't even bother to look at me. It hurt but I knew he was still hurt by my words and I couldn't blame him. I walked down the stairs and headed to Mike's room.
"Mike?" I whispered as I cracked open his door.
"What?" He mumbled, I guess I woke him up.
"Can I sleep here?" I almost didn't want to.
"Sure." Mike turned in his bed. I walked in and made myself comfortable in his bed. Once again, I couldn't go to bed and I was still out of pills so I was out of luck. I just laid in the bed, being consumed by my thoughts.
~
Waking up the next morning was awkward because Vic and I still weren't talking. I got up and walked out of Mikes room, I went into
Vic's room to get my clothes and my school stuff. Vic looked at me and I looked at him. We didn't say anything ands Vic continued to get ready. He still had his bed head and it made me want to crash my lips into his. I held in my temptation and got ready for school. I ate a bowl of cereal, got dressed and brushed my teeth and hair. As I was walking down the stairs, I got a message from Tony saying that he was outside. I grabbed my backpack from the couch and walked out of the house to Tony's car.
"Didn't know you were gonna pick me up." I said scratching my head.
"Thought I'd surprise you and since you took the ride, I'm guessing you and Vic haven't made up.?" He mumbled as he started the car.
"Yeah, you're right." I said shaking my head. Just then, I was hit on the side of my head with something. "Tony!" I yelled as I rubbed my hurt head.
"What?" He looked at me. "Oh! I told you to make up with Vic. I'm gonna hit you until you do."
"And it has to be, oh god really a light saber? God you're such a faggot!" I yelled.
"Says the one who's actually gay." Tony laughed.
I rolled my eyes. "What are you gonna do? Follow me to my classes all day until I do?" I scoffed at Tony.
"Is that a challenge Preciado?" He smirked and hit me with the light saber again.
I groaned. "Tony stop!"
"Are you gonna say you're sorry?"
"What the fuck? No why should I if he isn't saying anything?"
"Hmm wrong answer." Tony hit me again and laughed. "Dude don't be such a dip shit just say sorry."
"And show Vic that I'm weaker? No thanks."
Tony pulled into the parking lot of our school and stopped the car. "Oh god, is that what this is? Pride? I'll show you something to be proud about." He swung his light saber across my face and I yelled.
"Tony seriously stop!" I rubbed my aching cheek. I looked in the mirror at my cheek that was swollen and red, I groaned. Hey bruises are cool.
"No asshole you have to say sorry." Tony mumbled as we both got out of the car.
"I told you no." I rolled my eyes. Jesus why can't Tony just get it?
He hit me again. "Stop being such a pussy and tell him sorry."
I rubbed my arm. "Nope."
He hit me again as we walked up the stairs. "Looks like this is going to be a painful day for you then, huh Jaime?" Tony hit me again and I yelled. I looked around and everyone was staring at me and Tony behind me tapping my head with a light saber. I rolled my eyes.
"Tony leave me alone, I love you and everything but stop."
"Hm how about no?" He hit me harder. I groaned and began walking towards my first period. Once I was at the door Tony closed his light saber.
"If I don't see you and Vic being all gay at lunch," He looked around and held up his closed light saber. "You won't be seeing the last of me and my fucking light saber, got it?"
I rolled my eyes. "Whatever dude."
"Suck up your pride Preciado and get your fucking man, you know it's what you want." Tony mumbled as he started walking away.
I stood in front of my class, in pain and in sorrow because Tony was right. Making up with Vic is what I want. The final bell rang and I opened the door, slumping to my seat I sat down and looked up to see Vic, twirling a pen looking down at his notebook. He looked up at me and our eyes met for the first time since last night. I looked into them. Hurt, sorrow, sadness was filled in the depths of his deep brown iris color eyes. I saw his eyes starting to gloss and he looked down. I turned to face the front of the room. Vic I'm sorry, I just I don't know why this time is so hard for me to say sorry. I wish I knew. I looked up a little and the thoughts of yesterday morning appeared in my head. The way he looked into my eyes and just smiled, the way he kissed my lips, the way he giggled and when he started crying. He really loves me, he really does. He wants to marry me and my fucked up self. He loves me for me. He wants to marry me, and I want to marry him too. I'm going to marry him. Oh fuck why is this so hard?
Well, today is going to be a fucking fucked up day, or maybe a week. I wished I knew.
-------
"Come on Jaime," Tony said as he was dragging me out of the school.
"No." I mumbled with no emotion in my tone.
Tony hit me with the light saber again and I sighed. "Okay okay fine."
"Dude you sound terrible." Tony mumbled as we got into his car.
"I feel terrible." I mumbled.
Tony started the car and threw his light saber in the back seat. "Well you didn't even look at Vic at lunch."
"I was just sitting alone because you were with him." I sighed.
Tony laughed. "Hey sorry we were talking."
"About?" I rose my eyebrow.
"Nothing important come on you are going to my house to play soccer.
"Tony I don't want to play socc-"
"You're playing dude shut up."
I hung my head down and sighed. "Okay fine." Really at this point really not any reason to argue with Tony.
The car ride was mostly silent except for Tony's Blink 182 Cd coming from his radio. We finally made it to Tony's house and he stopped in the drive way. We both got out after he killed the engine and we made our way to his front door. We both walked inside of Tony's big house. I walked into the living room and sat down.
"Jaime, you see worn out, do you want to take a shower or something, you're more than welcomed to." He smiled.
I sighed and got up. A shower does seem really nice. "Sure," I mumbled as I walked up the stairs. "Towels are in the cabinet and you should be fine for the most part." Tony laughed as he sat on the couch.
"Thanks man." I yawned as I walked up to the bathroom and closed the door. I got the towel out and turned on the water. After I quickly stripped down and jumped into the bathtub, ugh the water feels sooooooooo good. Yes, Tony shower was a great idea.
-
Vic's POV
"Hello?" I asked as I put my phone to my ear.
"Dude I got Jaime to take a shower and I'm setting up the back yard, you better hurry your ass up here." Tony breathed as if he was running around.
"Really he actually listened to you?" I asked laughing.
"Yeah he looked really worn out and stuff. But anyways hurry up I can only set up so fast."
I smiled. "Seriously Tony thank you, I'm on my way."
"Yeah yeah yeah just hurry up. I'll text you when he's out, I'm going to block off outside and text me when you're here so you can sneak threw the back."
"Alright sounds good, see you soon." I hung up the phone and got off my bed. I fixed my hair real quick and grabbed my keys. I ran downstairs and locked the door. I ran to my car and jumped in. I started it and quickly backed out of my driveway. The drive to Tony's wasn't really long. But the question running threw my head is will Jaime really accept my sorry? I parked down the street from Tony's house and pulled out my phone.
To Tony: Dude I'm already here." I pushed send and slipped my phone into my pocket. I walked over to the back gate and moments later I heard Tony running to it. He opened it and I ran inside.
"He's still not out?" I asked.
"Yeah he isn't" Tony mumbled as we walked into his back yard. I looked around and saw that Tony set up everything. It wasn't much but I wouldn't be able to set up that fast. I rested my arm on Tony's shoulder and smiled. "You're the best."
He smiled. "I know." He walked over to his acoustic and put the strap around his neck and threw his shoulders. He took out the pick in his pocket and sat on the stool. He started tuning and strumming his guitar. "You're lucky I learned this song for Amber, Fuentes." Tony chuckled.
"Amber makes you so gay." I laughed. "Well thank god I know the words."
"Yeah I'm the gay one." Tony chuckled as he started strumming the intro.
I smiled as I started humming the words. Moments later the back door opened and my body froze. I looked up to see a confused Jaime, aww his hair is down and curly no shut up Vic stop.
"What's going on?" Jaime asked. "Why is he here?" he walked closer.
My heart started to speed up. "Because he can." Tony said.
"Look Jaime I don't care who's fault the fight was. It doesn't matter. I just, I miss you."
Jaime looked down. "I don't know."
I looked at Tony and he nodded. "Don't believe me? Fine, I swear this time I mean it."
Jaime looked up as I placed him in the middle of the floor. Tony started strumming the notes into the song. I placed my hands on Jaime's arms and he gently placed his hands on my waist, still confused. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.
"Oh Florida, please be still tonight," I looked into Jaime's eyes as we started spinning in a small circle.
"Don't disturb this love of mine
Look how he's so serene
You've gotta help me out." I kissed his nose.
And count the stars to form in lines
And find the words we'll sing in time
I want to keep him dreaming
It's my one wish, I won't forget this
I'm outdated, overrated
Morning seems so far way.
So I'll sing a melody
And hope to God he's listening
Sleeping softly while I sing
And I'll be your memories
Your lullaby for all the times
Hoping that my voice could get it right."
I looked up at Jaime who was blushing madly, we continued to spin in circles and I looked at Tony, who seemed to smile at us as well, he finished his last guitar part and I looked back at Jaime.
"If luck is on my side tonight
My clumsy tongue will make it right
And wrists that touch
It isn't much, but it's enough
To form imaginary lines
Forget your scars, we'll forget mine
The hours change so fast
Oh God, please make this last.
'Cause I'm outdated, overrated
Morning seems so far way.
So I'll sing a melody
And hope to God he's listening
Sleeping softly while I sing.
And I'll be your memories
Your lullaby for all the times
Hoping that my voice could get it right
Could get it right.
You could crush me
Please don't crush me.
'Cause baby I'm a dreamer for sure
And I won't let you down
I swear this time I mean it.
And I'll sing a melody
And hope to God he's listening
Sleeping softly while I sing.
And I'll be your memories
Your lullaby for all the times
Hoping that my voice could get it right."
Tony strummed the last notes and we both stopped spinning. I rested my head on Jaime's chest. "I'm so sorry Jaime, please forgive me?"
I looked up at him and he was looking down at me, tears were streaming down his face and his embrace on me got tighter.
"You know I'm a sucker for Mayday Parade." Jaime laughed as he kissed my head.
I looked up and pulled his neck down so our lips could connect. I cupped my hands around his face to deepen the kiss, once we pulled away we rested our foreheads on each others. I quickly pecked his nose.
"I love you Jaime." I breathed out.
"I love you too Vic, I'm so so sorry."
We pulled away and I smiled. "That's okay. You're forgiven, you can come back up to my room, I miss you next to me baby."
Jaime smiled and kissed me again, this time more gentle and sweetly. "That never sounded so good in my life." He laughed. We pulled away and I locked our fingers together. We faced Tony who was just smiling at us.
"My work here is done." Tony laughed as he put the guitar down.
"Who's idea was this?" Jaime asked.
"Vic's," Tony pointed at me. "This is what we were talking about at lunch. Well Amber is on her way, you two can feel free to be gay here if you want cause we're going to watch Star Wars in my room, or you can go." Tony smiled.
I looked at Jaime who laid down on the grass. Tony laughed and shook his head. "Have fun you two." He walked inside and I laid down next to Jaime. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I looked up at the sky and it was quickly turning dark. I smiled as I traced my finger tips on Jaime's skin. He pulled me closer to him and softly kissed my neck.
"Vic, seriously I'm so sorry."
I turned towards him as he pushed me closer to him. "Baby no it's okay." I placed my hand on his cheek and smiled.
"No it's not. It really wasn't. I was being an asshole, I shouldn't of said those things." He mumbled.
"I shouldn't of slapped you." I sighed.
"I deserved it, I was being a fucking dick."
I smiled and kissed his lips again. "It's okay. You're forgiven, I'm forgiven."
I rested my head on his chest and smiled. I listened to each of his heart beats thumping inside his him and I smiled wider.
"I'd marry you in a heart beat, Vicky." Jaime mumbled as he pushed me closer to him.
I giggled. "That's the first time you've ever called me that."
He smiled. "I like it. But seriously, I'd marry you in a heart beat, because I love you so much. I can't let you go. I'll never let you go."
I quickly kissed his lips and smiled. "I swear this time I mean it."
And as the day turned into night, and the only sounds that filled the air was Star Wars coming from inside Tony's room, and the crickets that sang in the night sky. I looked up at Jaime to only smile, because I know I wouldn't want to be anywhere else but him. We'll make this right. I swear this time I mean it.
♠ ♠ ♠
asdsfjkdegjbgjks aww! That was so cute okay! Ugh! Well guys announcement time! Well for us to hit goal of subs thanks to you lovely readers, we'll do this. We'll take any ideas for chapters you guys have! So like any ideas comment and let us know, we might just use it ;)
But comments for the chapter, let us know if you liked it? Cause aw Fuenciado aw aw. I love Tony so much in this story aw I can't aw<3 Thanks for reading lovely's you guys are the best muah!♥ c:
Title Credit; Mayday Parade <333333333333