‹ Prequel: Stay in Your Arms
Sequel: Last Time
Status: Completed

Diamonds in the Sky

Nine

Elise and Zoe dressed for the game in jeans, heels and sweaters. Zoe went into her old closet and pulled her Marc Staal jersey from its hanger, slipping it over her head. “You wearing one?” Zoe asked Elise, popping her head out as Elise slipped into her heels.

“I’ve got one,” She replied, patting her purse beside her. “Now, tell me how you’re going to get cupcakes into the arena?”

Zoe laughed. “I have my ways. Mostly it involves using Sean so we need to go claim him.”

“He actually agreed to go?”

"No, but I'm making him. You ready?" Elise nodded. "Let's go then. He's going to be such a pain."

Elise followed Zoe out of the apartment and onto the elevator. They got off at Sean's and Zoe let herself in.

"You have a key?" Elise asked.

"Yep. He has one to mine also."

"Oh."

"SEAN!" Zoe yelled as she slammed the door behind her.

"WHAT?" He hollered back.

"It's time to go," she called out, walking to his room. "Elise and I need an escort," she announced, standing in his doorway. She rolled her eyes at him as he lounged on his bed in gym shorts. She marched into his closet and came out, throwing clothes at him. "Get dressed. We'll be in the living room."

"I told you I'm not going."

"Excuse me but did I stutter, bitch? Elise and I need an escort. Do you want me to call Max and tell him you are making us go across town by ourselves? Would you like me to call Rupp who I'm sure wouldn't mind the chance to kick your ass?"

He sighed and hefted himself up the bed. "You are a controlling, overbearing bitch, you know that?"

"Yes, I am aware. Now please hurry. I have cupcakes for Hank." She crossed to him and kissed his cheek before turning to leave the room. "Love you!" She called over her shoulder as she retreated.

Sean shook his head and dressed, thankful he had showered earlier in the day. He slipped on a pair of shoes and joined the two girls in the living room. He grabbed his wallet and keys from the table near his front door and turned to Zoe and Elise. “Ready?” he asked.

“That was fast,” Zoe remarked. “I didn’t know you could dress so quickly.”

“No one to impress,” he replied simply with a shrug of his shoulders. His eyes met Elise’s and he looked away quickly. He couldn’t understand the power she held over him and she didn’t even know it. Her outfit was simple, understated even. Jeans that hugged the curve of her ass, a green cable knit sweater that showed a tantalizing tease of her breasts. Her nude colored heels were a classic wardrobe staple. He wanted all of it.. in the floor of his bedroom.

Zoe led the way out of Sean’s apartment and Elise followed her. “You look nice,” she said softly to Sean as she passed him. She couldn’t tear her eyes away from his fitted black t shirt, and the way it clung to his upper body, as he pulled a faded leather jacket over it. She waited outside his door as he pulled it closed and turned his key to lock the deadbolt. She smiled at him and slipped her arm through his.

“Would you two hurry up?” Zoe yelled from the elevator, holding the doors open. “Jesus! I’ve got cupcakes here!” Sean rolled his eyes and Elise giggled softly.

“She is something,” Elise commented quietly.

“A real piece of work,” Sean agreed with a smile. “Don’t get your panties in a twist, Zo. We’ll be there in no time,” Sean said as they stepped onto the elevator.

“Blah, blah, blah,” Zoe said as the doors slid closed and Sean pressed the button for the lobby. Elise let go of his arm and leaned against the wall as Sean and Zoe bickered back and forth good naturedly. She laughed at them as they stepped off the elevator. Sean hailed a cab for them and they rode to MSG joking and laughing. When they reached the arena, Sean led the way, security waving the threesome inside. They wove through the halls for the locker room and Sean led the girls inside, after making sure everyone was decent inside.

“I brought cupcakes!” Zoe announced loudly, opening the box she carried. Hank snagged one before making his way over to Sean.

“Well, well, well,” Hank said. “Look what the cat dragged in.” He slapped Sean on the back. “Long time no see, bud.”

“Fuck off, Lundqvist,” Sean muttered. Beside him, he saw Elise smile and move across the room. His eyes followed and he frowned when she hugged Michael. She said something to him, close to his ear. He frowned and nodded at her. She let her hand rest on his bicep and she squeezed it. Zoe was oblivious, handing out cupcakes to the players.

“See something you like?” Hank asked.

“Go to hell.”

Hank chuckled. “Just tell her you like her.” Sean shook his head. “You’re messing up, man. You need to talk to her. I don’t care what Zoe told you. Just go for it. She’ll get over it.”

Zoe and Elise walked ahead of Sean to their seats, giggling like old friends. Zoe glanced back at Sean and smiled at him. He smiled back and Elise reached back, grabbing his hand and pulling him forward between them. She left her hand tucked into his as they made their way down the stairs to the seats Zoe had gotten them. Zoe sat down, Elise beside her and then Sean on the aisle.

“I thought you said you had a jersey,” Zoe said to Elise.

“I do.” She reached into her purse and pulled the jersey out, slipping it over her head and smoothing it down.

“Do not, for the love of God, stand up at all tonight,” Zoe commanded. “And if you do, do not turn your back to the ice.” Sean glanced over at the pair and was momentarily stunned. Elise sat, a grin on her face, giggling at Zoe, wearing a Rangers jersey with Sean’s name and number on the back. “O.M.G.,” Zoe muttered with a shake of her head, turning to watch the Flyers take the ice for warmups. Elise looked up at Sean and he smiled at her, returning the grin she wore.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry everyone! I did not mean to leave this hanging for a long! Short and fillerish but some intrigue in the next update, I promise.