Status: Finally completed after 7 years of work!

So Long and Goodnight...

Image

Helena Lynn Pierce was your typical young teenager. She loved horror movies, punk rock, and hanging out with her friends, one of which (a boy named Gerard Way) she'd had a huge crush on for quite a while.

She loved her sister and mother more than anything in the whole world and she had once loved her father just the same ...before he started drinking. The drinking soon turned to physical violence toward Helena's mother and harsh words toward the two kids but the three of them thought it easier to simply ignore what was happening and go on pretending that things were okay.

The pretending came to a very violent and sudden end one rainy summer night while the mother and sister were on their way to pick Helena and her friend up for a concert ...the night of their lives... and the brakes failed. It was ruled an accident ...but Helena knew better. Her father had done it. He had killed his own flesh and blood. And he would kill her too, if she let him.

Night after night she endured his ruthless beatings and tried to hide the evidence as best she could. It was, however, useless. Her friends all knew the truth and sadly could do nothing about it. It was up to her to save herself and take back the life that was hers to live. But would she ever find the strength? Would she ever break free?
  1. The Storm
    In this chapter, we meet Helena, the main character of the story and get a small glance into her past and the relationship she once had with her sister.
  2. Come On, Angel. Don't You Cry.
    We meet Gerard in this one. Need I say more?
  3. Daddy
    Your introduction to "Daddy dearest".
  4. And the Truth Will Set You Free
    The guys (yes the boys of MCR) find out what went down between Helena and her dad the night before.
  5. Forgiveness
    Stop crying. They forgive you in this chapter. =)
  6. That Falling Sensation
    Helena makes a jail break and "Daddy" loses his temper.
  7. My "Way" Home
    We meet the Ways', Helena's second family and begin Helena's fun filled weekend away from Dad.
  8. The Truth Exposed
    Frank finds out what Helena's been hiding.
  9. Sleep Tight
    The boy's trick Helena into getting "extra close" to Gerard.
  10. Zombies
    The zombies attack! Oh no!
  11. Just A Bad Dream
    Attacked by zombies out of no where? Silly. I was just kidding!
  12. I Love The Smell Of Concerts In The Morning
    The "gang" get's ready to go to the concert.
  13. Thing's I'll Never Say
    Yay for randomly breaking out into song. WARNING: this chapter might disappoint you a bit. I sowwy. =(
  14. Calm Before the Storm
    The author has risen from the dead ::shifty:. In this chapter we actually MAKE IT to the concert venue. Is this not the longest lead up you've ever seen? :cheese:
  15. From Yesterday
    Curtains up, spirits down.
  16. We're all a bit ...DISTURBED!
    You may think you've died and gone to heaven in this chapter, but not to worry. It's just a concert ...a really ***ing awesome concert.
  17. For Brooke
    This one is for one of my BEST FRIENDS, Ashley whom Brooke is based on. I love you, Ash. I'm glad you're home again.
  18. My Heart is Yours
    Helena's getting the chance she's been waiting for.
  19. Best Friends ForNever
    Please ...feel free to shank me at the end. =D
  20. Close Only Counts in Horseshoes and Hand Grenades
    The name just kinda came to me. It's something my dad always says and it makes sense with this chap. And FYI: you're all going to hate me ...BIG TIME! =)
  21. Wild Horses
    Now that we all hate Gerard... Haha. Let's see how bad he really hurt Helena...
  22. Oh Mysterious, Blue Truck...
    Who could it be? =O
  23. Candy Mountain, Chaaarlieee
    ...*** you, Jessica for showing me that stupid YouTube video. Anyway, new character in this chap. It's pretty long too. =) Enjoy!
  24. Perfect Family
    Alice, welcome to Wonderland. ...Don't eat the mushrooms.
  25. Me And Charlie Talking
    Charlie and Helena get to the real reason Charlie showed up.
  26. Fragile Future
    Helena has one Hell of a decision to make. What will she do?
  27. Light With A Sharpened Edge
    Helena sees a brilliant light at the end of her long and treacherous tunnel. Let’s hope, for her sake, that it’s not a speeding train. ;)
  28. Kissing You Goodbye
    Helena says goodbye to her old life ...and Gerard.
  29. Storm Of The Century
    You're going to shit your pants when you read this ...and then you're going to kill me. Guaranteed. =)
  30. Note To Self: I Miss You Terribly
    One Year after Helena's accident, Autumn, Raven, and Brooke reveal the notes Helena left them on her fateful night.
  31. Wish You Were Here
    The notes for Avril and Joel, and Don and Donna are read. This chapter is dedicated to my dog. Don't judge me!
  32. Only The Good Die Young
    Bob and Ray reveal what’s going down THREE YEARS after Helena involuntarily walked out of their lives.
  33. I Can't Seem To Loosen My Grip
    Let's check in on Frank and Mikey four years after the accident.
  34. Drowning Lessons
    It's been five years. MCR has been discovered and as they're preparing for a concert, we check in on Gerard. It won't be very pretty. I suggest you grab some tissues.
  35. Who's That Girl?
    MCR performs a concert on the fifth anniversary of Helena's disappearance. FIFTH YEAR!! NO TIME JUMP!! ...Carry on.
  36. The Ghost Of You
    Mikey tells the gang about the mysterious girl he saw.
  37. Casualties And Memories
  38. Here Without You
    Sheeeee's baaaaaack! =D
  39. Lips Of An Angel
  40. Yesterday's Feelings
    Hope you guys don't mind a really long chapter. =/
  41. Second Chance
  42. The Dead Can't Testify
  43. Revenga
  44. Unholy Confessions
    Dedicated to all my beautiful readers especially you, Kate. I love you guys!
  45. Back Home
    I'm so sorry guys. I really am. Here's a long overdue chapter for you.
  46. Liar Liar (Burn In Hell)
  47. Brompton Cocktail
    ***NEW CHAPTER***
  48. Homecoming
  49. Happily Ever After
    The last chapter ever for So Long and Goodnight...