Status: Finally completed after 7 years of work!

So Long and Goodnight...

Come On, Angel. Don't You Cry.

You hit the ground, sank to a crouch and used your right hand to steady yourself.

You looked to your left.

Any further and you would've landed in a huge puddle.

Frank just might have killed you if you'd gotten mud on his beloved Green Day sweater.

You smiled to yourself as you stood up and began to walk.

As soon as you got out from under the tree that had been sheltering you from most rain, you practically drowned in the solid sheets of rain that fell from the sky.

It took you by surprise at first but you got used to it quickly.

You walked around aimlessly for about 25 minutes, staring at the ground, not even paying attention to where you were going.

When you finally stopped and looked up, you regretted it.

You closed your eyes and lowered your head again.

From somewhere deep inside of you, you could feel ice cold hands rip into your heart as a tear slipped from your eye.

You opened your eyes, took a breath, and slowly lifted your head to see the sign above the opening in the wrought iron fence.

You were standing in front of the entrance to the cemetery ...the one your mother and sister were buried in.

You didn't want to go in, but you took a few tentative steps forward anyway.

You didn't have to look for their tombstones.

You knew exactly where they were.

You found yourself kneeling in front of them and not exactly remembering walking over to them.

You felt like the world was caving in on you.

This was too much.

You stood up, walked over to the steps of the mausoleum and sat down.

You cradled your head in your hands and began to cry.

The more you tried to hold back the tears, the more violent your sobs became, till you could barely breathe.

You heard faint footsteps coming towards you but you weren't worried.

You knew who it was.

A part of you was dreading it.

You didn't like crying in front of people.

Your dad had brainwashed you into thinking it was a sign of weakness, even though your friends always told you it was okay to cry.

The footsteps stopped in front of you.

A few seconds later you felt familiar hands wrap around your wrists and pull your hands away from your face.

They didn't let go, even after you stopped fighting and relaxed your arms.

After a few seconds you opened your eyes and what you saw made your heart stop.

You were staring into Gerard's beautiful hazel eyes, which were about five inches from your face.

You looked at him for what seemed like forever and you just couldn't hold it back any longer.

You started sobbing again and Gerard pulled you into a tight hug.

You buried your face in Gerard's neck and didn't even try to hold back your tears.

After you calmed down a little, you pulled away from Gerard.

The rain was still coming down surprisingly hard.

"How did you know I was here," you asked, trying to keep your voice from shaking.

"I didn't ...till I saw you crying.
I was visiting grandmas' grave."

"Oh ...I guess we think alike, huh?"

Gerard smiled as he looked at you.

"Yeah. I guess we do." He stared at you for a few seconds.

"Hey, you shouldn't be out in this rain. Why don't you come spend the night with me and Mikey? Mom and dad won't mind. They love you."

You smiled at him. "Thanks, Gerard but we both know my dad would kill me."

"Fuck him. He doesn't own you. He only thinks he does."

"Gerard, I'm sorry ...I cant."

He was silent for a long moment.

"Okay. Well, at least let me walk you home."

"Not all the way. I c-"

"Yes!" Gerard butted in.
"All the way."

"You are so stubborn." You sighed.

"Thank you," he said happily.

You just laughed.

Gerard walked you home and when you got there, he gave you another hug.

He said goodbye and walked back the way he came.

You dug your key out of your pocket and opened the door as quietly as you could.

All the lights were off so you figured your dad and step-mom were asleep as you crept up the stairs and down the hall to your bedroom.

You opened the door to find your room, pitch black ...just like you liked it.

You took off Frank's sweater and your boots and from the darkness on the other side of the room you heard a familiar and much hated voice.

"Where the Hell have you been?"
♠ ♠ ♠
*gasp*
Suspense sucks, huh?
Comments would rock.
And not JUST from the only person who's BEEN commenting me (even tho she's way cool.)
Like 10 people have read and only one has commented.
=(

♥Muffin

Chapter Title Cred: "My Way Home Is Through You" by My Chemical Romance