‹ Prequel: Where Did the Love Go?

Love Is Forever

Ch.12

Tomorrow night was the big game, it was for it all, I couldn’t believe they made it here again this year. And I still cant believe that they have to play Detroit again, it seems crazy.

After the boys woke up from their nap, we had lunch and they went to go get their bags ready. We were heading to Detroit for game seven. I was so happy that we were going, I knew it was really important for Sid for us to be there, win or lose.

They came barreling down the stairs with their little bags in their hands.

“Lets go mommy!!” They both yelled with huge smiles on their faces, I don’t know why, but they loved driving anywhere. We drove to Cole Harbor one summer, and the boys just absolutely loved it. I think they must love the slight motion that a car gives you, because they usually fall asleep whenever we drive someone where.

“Did you brush your teeth?” I asked. They both nodded and smiled. “Did you get your blankets?” I asked and they both held their blankets up to their faces. They both had a blanket that my mom made for them, that they couldn’t sleep without. It was so cute that they loved this little blanket so much.

“Alright are you excited?” I asked them smiling down at them. They both nodded once again.

“Well good, we just have to wait for Troy and Trina, they were going to be driving with us since Sidney didn’t want me driving eight months pregnant. The doorbell rang and I walked over and answered it.

“Hi honey, how are you feeling?” Trina asked walking in and giving me a small hug.

“I’m good. Nervous for Sidney, but good.” I said smiling

“Well you have nothing to worry about, he will do fine. I know they are going to win.” She said

“I hope so.” I said quietly.

Tory walked in said hello, and gave me a small hug and the boys ran over and gave him a hug and they gave one to Trina.

“ready to go?” Troy asked

“Yeah I just have to grab my bag.” I said bending down to grab my overnight bag.

We were only going to be there for one day, but I had a lot of stuff to bring with me surprisingly. The boys and I got our own hotel room, so that Sidney could rest and get ready without any distractions.

“I have it.” Troy said picking up my bag, I gave him a small smile and grabbed my purse and headed out. I put the alarm on, and locked the door behind me. When I got to the car, Sidney Jr. and Brent were already sitting in their car seats. I buckled them in and sat down in between them. Trina offered me the front seat, but I really didn’t mind sitting in the back.

It was a about a four and a half hour drive from Pittsburgh to Detroit, and we would have flown, but I was nervous about flying being eight months pregnant.

We arrived at the hotel at around 6 o’clock. We ate right before we left, but the boys were really hungry when we got there, even though I fed them some snacks in the car.

We arrived at the hotel and I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, I pulled it out and saw a text from Sid.

“Hey let me know when you get here.” it read

“Were here.” I texted back.

A few seconds later it rang because i got a phone call and it was Sidney.

“Hey?” I said

“hey babe. Where are you guys?” he asked

“Were in the lobby, we literally got here second ago.” I said

“Oh okay cool. I’ll meet you down there in a minute.” he said and I hung up the phone. I grabbed the boys hands and went to go check into the hotel and get our room keys.

“Name?” the lady behind the counter asked

“Crosby.” I said smiling, I have been saying that name for years, but I still cant believe it actually belongs to me and that I married Sidney Crosby. It not the fact that he is Sidney Crosby the hockey superstar, but the fact that he is the man I fell in love with, the father or my children, the man I am going to spend the rest of my life with.

She gave me weird look and I just ignored her. People tended to give me weird looks when I said my last name was Crosby.

“Excuse me can I see some sort of I.D.” She said

“Why?” I asked

“Well we just want to make sure that you are who you say you are.” She said as if she was trying to catch me in an act or something.

“What do you mean?” I asked

“Well your not the first person to show up and try to get into Sidney Crosby’s room.” She said and I realized that my mouth hung open in shock. My eyes bugged out of my eye socket and I couldn’t even find words to say.

“What do you mean they try to get into his room?” I asked

“They come over here and say that they are his girlfriend or a cousin or a friend.” She said

“You have got to be kidding me.” I said still stunned, were people honestly that crazy.

“No I’m not now I need to see some I.D.” She said giving a ton of attitude.

“But I’m his wife.” I said

“Yeah sure you are, I give you props for that one, I haven’t heard that excuse yet today.” She said and I was even more shocked than before, wow this lady was a bitch. I looked down for my purse and I realized that I didn’t have it, I must have left it in the car.

“I don’t have my I.D. with me.” I said

“Well then I guess your not getting in.” she said and she rolled her eyes at me. Well this was definitely a situation that I have never been in before.

“Wait. I have two little kids with me, do you really think I would bring to little kids with me to ‘stalk’ Sidney Crosby?” I asked

“I don’t know, if your crazy enough to stalk him, then your crazy enough to do anything.”

I just looked at her stunned I had no words to describe how weird this was for me. “Daddy!” I heard my two sons yell, and they went flying in another direction. I was just about to talk off after them, but I saw that Sidney was standing where they ran. He scooped them up in his arms and started carrying them over here.

“hey babe.” Sidney said giving me a kiss on the cheek.

“Hi. Will you please tell this lady to give me the keys, because she seems to think I am lying about the fact that I am your wife.” I said turning around to look at her. I could tell that she was nervous and embarrassed at the same time.

“Wait what?” Sidney asked

“Well she said that random women show up, and try to get a key to your hotel room and she didn’t believe me, even though I have two kids with me.” I said

“I’m sorry Mrs. Crosby. Its just what the manager told me to do.” She said and pulled out the keys to our hotel room.

“Thank you.” I said taking the keys from her hand and walking away. Sidney put the boys down on the ground, and wrapped his arms around me.

“I didn’t even know that people tried to do that.” He said shocked

“Yeah I didn’t know that either, that’s pretty scary.” I said

“Yeah wow I’m kind of creeped out right now.” he said shaking his shoulders. I just laughed. We walked over to Troy and Trina and handed them their keys. We went our separate ways, because they were going to dinner just the two of them, and Sidney and I were going to take the boys out to dinner.

We walked up to the hotel room, and the boys ran into the room and started jumping on the bed. It always scared me when they jumped on beds, I thought they were going to fall.

“Boys please don’t jump on the beds.” I said

“They wont get hurt Nicole, plus they need to toughen up if they are going to play hockey.” Sid said laughing slightly.

“Yeah well I just don’t want any broken bones.” I said. The boys stopped jumping, and we all went out to dinner. We had a nice time as a family at dinner, Sidney even took us all out for ice cream after dinner. I know he feels guilty that he hasn’t been able to spend a lot of time with the boys since the playoffs started. We headed back to the hotel and the boys fell asleep in the car. Sidney and I carried them into the hotel, and tucked them into bed.

I walked into the bathroom and started to wash my face. Sidney walked over to me and gave me a small kiss.

“I love you Nicole.” Sidney said starting to kiss me.

“I love you too.” I said he continued to kiss me and started to move his lips down my neck and down my body. Oh god we cant do this right now. I thought to myself

“Sid…you have to go to your own room. You need your rest.” I said trying my hardest to get the words out. I let a moan escape my lips on accident, and I knew he wasn’t going to stop now.