‹ Prequel: Where Did the Love Go?

Love Is Forever

Ch. 2

"Nicole I swear we weren't together when I was with her. It was a stupid mistake Nicole. After I left I was hurt and confused, and I didn't know what to do and I thought that that would ease my pain, but it didn't Nicole. I'm sorry." Sid said

I knew he was obviously sleeping around after we got separated, but it didn't make it hurt any less. Sure he was sidney crosby, but to me he was my husband above who he was as an NHL player. I didn't know how or if I would ever fully get over it, but I knew I needed to try.

"I know sid." I needed to talk to him later, but today was not the day. He just got a hat trick and the boys were happy. I put my arm around him and he wrapped his arms around me and we hugged for a couple minutes. We went out to ice cream as a family.

The boys were very happy that they got to have ice cream. We had a nice time going out as a family.

We brought the boys back home and tucked them into bed. I went to our bedroom to take a quick shower. When I was in the shower the hot water made me forget about all the questions that I had for Sid. I knew we needed to talk about things, but I didn't know when or how we should talk about them. I figured that the sooner the better. We needed to put this stuff behind us and start our lives again. If we didn't move forward we would just end up divorced.
I got out after a long time. When I got out of the bathroom, Sid was laying on thebed watching replays of tonights game. he quickly paused the television as soon as I entered the room.

"Nicole I think we should talk about this." Sid said as I quickly pulled on one of his shirts to sleep in.

"I Know sid. " I said.

What am I going to say to him, how am I going to feel after I ask him.

I laid down on the bed next to Sid. We just sat there staring at the celing in silence. The silence was killing m. I knew Sid wanted to say something, but he didn't know what to say.

"Sid, how many girls were there?" I asked staring to cry. That was probably the hardest questionI will ever have to ask anyone.

"Nicole are you sure you want to know this?" He asked grabbing my hand and looking at me in the eyes.

I didn't know what would be worse, Sid telling me that he slept with just a few girls, or him sleeping with more than 5. I decided that more would be better. I don't know why more would be better, but I figured that if it was more, than it wouldnt be persoinal. If it was more than 5 , it was just sex, but if it was only a few then it might have been love.

"Eight." Sid said and there was a long silence. I was suprised that I wasnt more hurt, eight was alot of girls. But it couldnt have been love if it was eight.

"Okay" Was all I said and layed down and put my head on his chest.

"Okay." Sid said and he put his arm around me and we both fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning to the smell of pancakes. I kept my eyes closed, until I heard some giggles. I opned my eyes and saw Sid and Brent and Sidney Jr. sitting on the bed staring at me. There was a plate of pancakes in front of them with a glass of orange juice on a tray.

"Morning mommy!!!" The boys yelled as they got up and jumped over to me and both gave me massive hugs.

"Morning boys." I said as I gave them both a hug and a kiss.

"Morning beautiful." Sid said as he got off of the bed and walked over to me and planted a kiss on the top of my head. He started to pull away, but I grabbed his shirt and pulled him closer and gave him a kiss that said ' I'm still in love with you.'

Our two sons both said 'ewww' and Sid and I just laughed.

Sid came to the other side of the bed and laid down. The four of us laid down and on the bed and our two sons we sitting in between Sid and I.

"So boys what do you want to do today?" Sid asked after a moment.

" Can Aunty Sophia and Uncle Jonny and little George come over?" Brent asked. We are not really related, but Sophia has been my best friend since high school, so they called them their aunt and uncle.

"Sure boys, I will call them and ask if they want to come." I said as I smiled down at them

I Called Sophia and she said that they would be over. It was a relaxing day with my family and my best friends.

We had a barbecue, and Sidney was making burgers by the grill.

"Sidney.." I said as I wrapped my arms around him while he was making the burgers.

"Yes babe?" he said as he smiled and turned around to wrap his arms around me.

" I love you."

"I Love you too." He said as he kissed me

"So I have been thinking, I want another baby. I mean Sidney and Brent are 5 and 3 now I think we should make another baby." Sidney said as he sent me a wink.

"Sid are you serious? Or are you just trying to get action." I said laughing

"No I really want another baby Nicole. Maybe a little girl?" he said laughing

" I think that's a great idea," I said smiling. I always wanted at least four kids. So the fact that Sidney wanted to have another baby without me bringing it up made me very happy. It made me feel like things were finally getting back to normal. And since we want to have another baby, that means that we are moving out of the past and are looking forward to the future.

LOVE IS FOREVER.