‹ Prequel: Where Did the Love Go?

Love Is Forever

Ch. 6

*****I forgot to mention, Nicole was four months pregnant when they found out it was a girl **** this is a week later and it is February

“Five months and you will be a dad to a little girl.” I said as I sat on my bed with Sidney. He just got home from a four day road trip. He was running his hand on my stomach.

“Five months.” he said and he kissed my stomach.

“I forgot how pretty you look when your pregnant.” Sid said looking up at me and smiling. I smiled right back at him.

“thanks.” I said with a smile.

We laid there for another hour and just spent time together. He had his hand on my stomach the entire time, and he even kissed my stomach several times. My bump was not to big, but it was big enough where it was visible.

The little baby inside me keeps doing somersaults every now and then, it makes me smile every time. Whenever she kicks, I realize that there is a whole person growing inside of me. It is not just my baby, but it is our baby. Sidney and I made this baby together, with love. I still cant believe we are having a child together, a third child. After everything that has happened this year, it seems unreal. It seems like I am just going to wake up from this dream and I will be alone again.

“What are you thinking about?” Sidney asked looking at me.

“Nothing just about the baby.” I said with a small smile

“A third baby…can you believe it?” Sidney said with a smile

“No not really..” I said laughing slightly

“I have an idea, get ready and meet me down stairs in an hour.” Sid said getting off of the bed and kissing me on the top of my head. He started to walk away.

“Wait where are we going?” I asked very confused. We didn’t have any plans for today.

“Where a summer dress or something.” Sid said walking out of the door.

“Sid!” I yelled trying to get his attention, but it was too late, he was already out of the room and down the hall. I groggily got up out of bed and walked in to the bathroom. I hoped in the shower and took a hot steamy shower. I got out and walked over to my closet, and picked up a red turtle neck and a pair of dark jeans and boots. I changed, put my makeup on, and headed down the stairs.

I walked down stairs and saw my three favorite boys ever all wearing matching outfits. Sidney dressed the boys in pants and a lacoste polo, and he was wearing the same thing.

“well don’t you three look nice.” I said smiling at them. Brent and Sid Jr. looked like tiny clones of their father. Seeing this almost brought tears to my eyes. My kids were my everything, you don’t realize how much a child means to you until you have one, and when you have one everything you do is for them.

“You ready?” Sid asked giving me a hug and a kiss and heading to the door.

“Ready for what?” I asked

“Your surprise mama!” Brent said with a huge smile

“My surprise?” I asked smiling at him

“Yes mama Sid and I helped daddy with your surprise.” He said with a smile. He was obviously very proud of the work he had done.

“Oh really you helped daddy? Well than I am ready.” I said with a smile. I walked up to Brent and ruffled his hair . Sidney handed them their winter coats and the walked out Sidney followed and we all go in the car.

“So boys do you know anything about my surprise?” I asked turning around in the front seat so that I was looking back at them.

“We do but daddy said we cant tell you.” Sidney jr said

“Oh did he?” I asked raising and eyebrow at Sid who just smiled and kept driving.

“Yes he said he would take us to skate next week if we didn’t tell you.” Brent said

“Oh really. Well good for you boys I am proud of you that you can keep a secret.” I said smiling. I turned around in my seat and Sidney grabbed my hand and gently kissed it.

“So are you ever going to tell me where we are going?” I asked

“Maybe, maybe not.” Sidney said laughing slightly.

“Okay close your eyes mommy.” Brent said

“Aww do I have too????” I said in the same voice that the boys say to me when I tell them that it is time to go to bed or to eat their vegetables.

“ yes mommy you have to.” Sidney Jr. said.

Sidney just laughed and put the car in park and got out and opened the door and must have taken out our sons. He cam around and opened the door for me. He held my head and then I felt a tiny hand grab mine. It must have been one of my sons hands, but I couldn’t tell which one it was. We walked into somewhere, and I automatically got a chill.

“Open your eyes!” the three of them said at once.

I opened my eyes and looked around. There was an ice rink with lights hanging up all around them. There were four sets of skates by the entrance, but no one else was around. I saw a table set for four. I looked at Sidney and he smiled and kissed me. Then I looked at my two sons and they were beaming with smiles. I gave them both a kiss on the cheek. Sidney helped me lace up my skates, and the four of us went out there and skated.

I grabbed Brent’s hand and Sidney had mine and in his other hand was Sidney Jr. We had never skated as a family before, and I loved it. Sidney was holding on to my hand for dear life. I knew he was afraid that I would fall, and hurt the baby but I wasn’t going to.

“I cant believe I let them talk me into this.” Sidney mumbled

“What did they give you the puppy dog face?” I asked smiling

“Yes they did. I cant believe I fell for it again.” He said smiling

“I mean you are 4 months pregnant you can fall.” He said looking at me

“I wont fall.” I said giving him a reassuring smile.

“I know you want fall because I wont let you.” He said with a smile. He leaned in and gave me a kiss.

“I love you.” He whispered in my ear.

“I love you too.” I whispered back in his ear.

We stopped skating and someone brought out food and we sat as a family and had dinner.Talking and lauhging about todays activities. It was the prefect day, spending time with the ones I love.