‹ Prequel: Where Did the Love Go?

Love Is Forever

Ch. 9

What are you mad about?" I asked

"Are you serious? Did you not hear that entire conversation, first he hits you on the ass, then he tells his brother all about you and he has to bring up all these stories from when I was......" He looked like he was looking for a word

"When you moved out and left us!" I said helping him out. I started to cry, I didn't want to cry, but I couldn't help it.

"Nicole please don't cry." He said moving over to the bed near me

"Well its too fucking late for that isn't it!" I said still crying.

"Babe come on please! I didn't mean to upset you. You need to calm down." He said

"You didn't mean to upset me?! Then what did you mean to do when you didn't say a word, and then your brought this up." I asked screaming.

"Please Nicole just calm down your pregnant its not good to be all worked up." Sid said putting his hand out to hold me in his arms. I moved away from him, I needed to get angry at him everyone in a while. I couldn't just have him hold me and then I would let things go.

"Yeah your right!!! I am carrying your baby!! And you made me upset because of what reason?! because you thought what that I was sleeping with Jordan?! I thought we talked about this before. Nothing is going on between Jordan and I. He was just here when you...."

"When I wasn't." Sid said and I saw the pained expression on his face. I hated fighting with him, I know fighting is all part of relationships, but our were always about the past, and that was driving me crazy.

He sat down on the bed next to me and just looked at the wall. I didn't know what to say to him. Should i be mad? Should I feel sorry for him? I just didn't know what to do.

"Sidney you can't just get mad at me whenever you think something is going on!" I tried to say as calmly as possible, but i was still pretty upset.

"But then what am I supposed to do?" He asked and I just got even more angry then before.

"You are supposed to trust me when I tell you that I wouldn't cheat on you, and you are supposed to come to me and tell me how you feel. You shouldn't just not talk to me, and then blow up at me when I finally ask you whats wrong." I said

"Nothing is going on with Jordan and I. He is just my best friend, I just feel like no matter what happens he will always be there for me......but I am still rebuilding my trust in you." I took in a deep breath

"When you left it killed me, Jordan was always there for me, and helping me out. I just became dependent on him, but then you came back and I still depended on Jordan because I didn't know if we would work out. But then I saw that maybe we would work out, but I was still dependent on Jordan because I could trust him." I took another deep breathe I was shocked when he didn't try to say anything to me.

"Just because I trusted Jordan more doesn't mean that I love him more. I love you more, you have given me everything that I have ever wanted out of life. You have given me my family, and two beautiful sons, and a baby on the way, you have given me a wonderful husband, and you have given me a reason to live."

"Now I know you think that something is going on between Jordan and I, but there isnt, there never was and there never will be. I need you to trust me on this. But you can't get angry at me whenever I am around him. He is my second best friend in the world, next to you of course, and e is a part of this family.He is the brother I never had" I said and by the time I finished this, I was balling crying.

Sidney moved over in the bed and he put his arm around me and held me as I cried.

"I didnt mean to make you upset Nicole, I am not angry at you, I am angry at myself. I was the one who left, but Jordan just reminds me of that. I love you more than anything. I believe you and I am sorry." He said and he kissed me on the top of my head.

"I love you Nicole." he whispered in my ear.

"I love you too Sid." I said and I looked up at his big brown eyes, and I felt safe.

He put his hand on my cheek and kissed my lips softly. "I love you," he whispered into my ear one more time.

~~~~~~~~ Three days later.

Sidney had been gone for three days, and things with us still were a little difficult. He was coming home today and he told me he had a surprise. I had no idea what it could be. He was supposed to be home at 3:00 and it was now 1:00 and I just picked the boys up from school and made them a snack.

I heard the door open and the boys made a scream.

"Grandpa!!" They yelled

"Grandma!" They yelled. I heard Troy's voice, and I walked into the living room to see Troy and Trina standing there holding the boys in their arms. They didn't seem to notice that I walked into the room, but Sidney did. ]

He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me and gave me a kiss.

"What are they doing here?" I whispered in Sidney's ear.

"They are here to watch the boys." He said simply

"Watch the boys for what?" I asked very confused. We didn't have any plans.

"Well you and I are going out, and they said they missed them so I told them to come and visit." Sidney said

He continued to explain to me the fact that I should go an put a dress on, and to be ready in an hour, but he gave me no indication of where we were going.

"Oh Nicole! Look at you your beautiful!" Trina said walking over to me and giving me a hug.

Troy and Trina were not the bad type of in laws, they were very nice. They seemed to love me and I loved them back. I think they knew that I wasn't after Sidney for his money, so they knew it was real love.

"Oh thanks." I said smiling

"How are you feeling?" She asked

"Oh I'm fine. I have just been really tired, but that's normal."

"Well that's wonderful sweetheart." She said smiling at me.

Troy walked over and gave me a hug and told me that I looked 'glowing.

"Go get ready you two!" Trina said after a little while of talking.

"Are you sure you don't mind watching them?" I asked

"No sweetheart it is fine, go out and have a good time, you two deserve it." She said with a smile.

"I can make them some dinner if you want." I said trying to not put the load of two little kids on them.

"No it is fine dear, we will take care of them." She said

"Thank you." I said sending her a grateful smile. I didn't tell Sid this, but I needed a little break from being mommy today. Sidney put his hand on the small of my back and smiled at me. He lead me upstairs where I had a dress laying on the bed. Which I assumed he got out for me. I showered and did my make up and hair and walked out of the bathroom.

"Well you look nice." I said to Sidney as he was just buttoning up the last buttons on his shirt. He was wearing black dress pants and a black shirt. He looked very handsome.

"Wow babe you look beautiful." Sid said taking a step back and looking at me up and down. That made me laugh. He walked up to me and gave me a small hug and kissed me softly on the lips.

"You ready to go?" He asked

"Yes." I said with a smile.

He grabbed my hand and lead me down stairs. We said goodbye to Troy and Trina and headed to the car. He opened my door for me and I got in and he drove somewhere. He told me to close my eyes, and I did. He helped me out of the car and standing right in front of us was a horse and a carriage.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys liked it! The rest of their date will be in the next one! =]