Status: In the process of writing out of McKenly's POV.

Wasted

sixteen

After Dean and I had our moment, we got Sam and quickly drove to Nazareth to check out this new plane site. I was starting to get a little bit suspicious seeing as the man who was flying this plane was also one of the pilots from flight 2485. There was no way that it was some sort of coincidence. We found more yellow powder which we guessed was sulfur. We took some to take back to Jerry just to be sure.

“Sulfur?” Dean asked. Jerry nodded. “Well, that’s great.” Dean turned to Sam and I, ready to bounce ideas off of.

I sighed. “I’ve been thinking. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that it’s the same pilot.”

Dean nodded, agreeing. “So maybe this demon is attached to him.”

Sam noticed how Jerry was starting to feel a little down. “With all due respect to Chuck, if that’s the case, then that would be the good news.”

“How is that good news?” Jerry asked, confused. “You’re telling me that my friend was possessed by a… by a demon.”

“Jerry, if anything it means that he didn’t do it. At least he didn’t know that he was.” I informed him. His shoulders dropped a little with relief.

“Okay, so what’s the bad news?” Dean asked.

Sam nodded. “Chuck’s plane went down exactly forty minutes into flight. And get this: so did flight 2485.”

“Forty minutes?” Jerry asked. “What does that mean?”

Dean looked to Jerry. “It’s biblical numerology. You know, Noah’s ark, it rained for forty days. The number means death.”

“I went back,” Sam continued. “And there have been six plane crashes over the last decade. They all went down exactly forty minutes in.”

“Any survivors?” I asked.

Sam shook his head. “No. or not until now, at least. Not until flight 2485 for some reason. On the cockpit voice recorder, remember what the EVP said?”

“’No survivors’.” Dean answered. He thought for a moment before he realized something. “It’s going after all the survivors. It’s trying to finish the job.”

I sighed. “Looks like it’s time to make some phone calls.” So that’s what we did. WE gathered all of the survivors names and a few numbers that we could reach them at. There weren’t many, but it still took us a while to track everyone down and make sure that they wouldn’t be going on another plane ride in the near future.

“Really?” Sam asked his person on the phone. “Well, thank you for taking our survey, and if you do plan to fly, please don’t forget your friends at United Britanna airlines. Thanks.” Sam hung up the phone. I sat in the back, my phone calls already having been made. “Well that takes care of Blaine Sanderson and Dennis Holloway. They’re not flying anytime soon. What’d you get, McKenly?” he said, turning back to me.

“Nothing except for an Amanda Walker. She was a flight attendant of flight 2485. I couldn’t reach her, but I got her sister, Karen, who said that her flight leaves Indianapolis at eight. She’s crazy, but she’s getting back up there.”

Dean sighed. “That sounds like just our luck.”

“I don’t know, Dean. We might not make it. Indianapolis is five hours out. No matter how fast you drive.”

“Sam, call Amanda’s cell phone. See if we can’t head her off the pass.”

“I already left her three voice messages.” I told him, a little annoyed. “Do you really think Sam’s gonna do any better?”

“Maybe she turned her cell off.” Sam pointed out. “I won’t be able to reach her.”

“Just try.” Dean forced. I rolled my eyes, passing the number up to Sam and he called her. I leaned forward in the seat, to talk quietly to Dean.

“I don’t think we’re gonna make it.”

“Oh, we’ll make it.” Dean said, immediately speeding up.

We arrived at the airport a few hours later. We quickly parked and ran inside to check the schedule of departures. Sam found it quicker than the rest of us. Whose idea was it to have those damn screens so small. Sam pointed it out.

“Right there.” He said. “They’re boarding in thirty minutes.”

“Okay.” Dean said, trying to think about the next step. “We still have some cards to play. We need to find a phone.” Dean searched the floor for a courtesy phone. Sam and I quickly followed after him. Dean tried to tell Amanda that her sister was in an accident, but it didn’t work for she had just talked to her sister. He tried saying that he was one of her ex-boyfriend’s friends, trying to get her back. But Amanda just shrugged it off and said that she’d talk to him when she got back.

“Nice goin’, Dean. What are we gonna do now?” I asked. Dean shrugged.

“Plan B. We’re getting on that plane.” Sam pushed. My body went rigid, along with Dean’s. Dean shook his head at his brother, while I moved a little bit closer to his own body.

“Now, just hold on a second.” Dean ordered.

“Dean, that plane, its leaving. It has over a hundred passengers on board. If we’re right, that plane is gonna crash.”

“Phrase number one on the list of things not to say in an airport.” I said.

“We’re getting on that plane.” Sam said. “We need to find that demon and exorcise it. Look, I’ll get the tickets. You and Ken get whatever you can out of the truck, whatever will make it through security. Meet me back here in five minutes.” Sam turned to walk away but stopped when he noticed we weren’t go anywhere. I was cowering behind Dean and he just stood there, trying to look strong, but I knew he was going out of his mind. “Are you two okay?”

Dean shrugged. “No.” he said, I agreed by shaking my head. “Not really.”

“What?” Sam questioned, obviously confused. “What’s wrong?”

“Well, I…” I nudged Dean’s back. “We, we kinda have this problem with, uh…”

“Flying?”

“It’s never really been an issue until now.” I admitted.

“You’re joking, right?”

“Do I look like I’m joking?” Dean accused. “Why do you think that I drive everywhere?”

“And I took the bus to and from South Dakota, even though it would have been faster by plane. I’ve never been on a plane and I’m not about to have my first plane ride on one that could very well just fall out of the sky.” I told Sam.

“Look, if you can’t do it, I can go alone.”

“Are you crazy?” Dean asked him. “The plane’s gonna crash. And you’re just gonna waltz on it and take care of a demon on our own?”

“Dean, we can do it together, or I can do it all myself. But either way, I’m not letting that plane go down without a fight.”

Dean groaned and I knew that he was going to give in. I whimpered. “Great.” We gathered on the plane ten minutes later, not really having anything with us. Most of the stuff wouldn’t be allowed on the plane. Sam sat by the window, then Dean, and I was on the outside, by the aisle. Dean was looking over the safety manual, making sure that he knew all the safety precautions, in case of emergency. “Is this really all we get for a seat belt? Can I get a harness or something more sturdy than a freakin’ lap belt.” The engines started whirring and I turned my head quickly at the sound.

“Ken, it’s the engine. It’s supposed to make that sound.” Sam told me, looking passed Dean. I glared at him. He smiled and looked to Dean, who looked just as scared as me. “Just try to relax.” Sam told us.

“Just try to shut up.” Dean snapped back. The plane started shaking as it prepared to take off. Dean put the safety booklet away and sat himself down in his chair. I did the same, putting my arm over his on the arm rest. He looked at our hands for a moment before taking his out from under mine and grabbing my hand and holding it tightly. I smiled at it and squeezed back. Holding Dean’s hand made me feel much better, even though I was still rather scared. This plane could possibly be going down. If it was, I was going out on good terms with Dean. A little bit into the flight, Dean started humming. I smiled at him.

Sam leaned over to listen to him. “Are you humming Metallica?” he asked.

Dean nodded, but I answered for him. “It calms him down.”

Sam scoffed. “Look, I get that you’re nervous, alright? Both of you, I know. But stay focused. I can’t have you off your game. We’re gonna stop this thing.”

Dean nodded. “Okay.” he said. His hand was still wrapped around mine. Sam pretended not to notice, but I saw him glance at our hands.

“I mean, we got thirty-two minutes and counting. We gotta track this thing down, or whoever it’s possessing, and perform a full-on exorcism.”

“Listen, Sam. We’re fine.” I told him, even though I was lying to myself. “We can do this. I’m just confused on how were going to do the exorcism on a crowded plane.”

“We’ll take it one step at a time.” Sam promised. “Now who is it possessing?”

“It’s usually gonna be somebody with some sort of weakness, you know, a chink in the armor that the demon can worm through.” Dean told him.

“So basically someone who is emotionally unstable?” I asked. Dean nodded. “If this is Amanda’s first flight after the crash. Now I’m a little biased, since I hate planes, but if I were here, I’d be pretty messed up.”

Dean nodded, and turned to see a flight attendant coming down the aisle. “Excuse me,” he said to the woman. “Are you Amanda?” he asked.

“No, I’m not.” The woman answered, smiling.

“Oh, my mistake.” Dean stood up a little bit, to look at the back of the plane. There was a flight attendant tending to something on her cart. “That’s gotta be her back there.” Dean leaned over to Sam. “I’ll go talk to her, and uh, I’ll try to get a read on her mental state.”

I wasn’t happy with him going to talk to her. If he left my side I’d probably go insane. “What if she’s already possessed?” I countered.

“There are ways to test that.” Dean said, moving to dig into his bag. “I brought holy water.”

Sam shook his head, taking the bottle away from his brother. “I think we can go more subtle. If she’s possessed, she’ll flinch at the name of God.

“Oh.” Dean nodded. “Nice.” Dean tried to get out of his seat, but I wouldn’t let his hand go. He furrowed his brow at it, but Sam tried to get his attention. “What?”

“Say it in Latin. Cristo.”

Dean nodded. “I know.” He turned, facing me again. I was pleading him with my eyes, telling him not to go. He sighed. “I’ll be back.” My eyes dropped to our hands. “I promise.” He leaned over and kissed my temple. I nodded and finally let go of his hand to watch him move passed me to get to the aisle. The plane rumbled when he was halfway down the aisle. I went rigid in my seat and grabbed onto both arm rests, wishing one of them was Dean’s hand. Sam leaned over and put his hand onto of mine when he saw me struggling.

“So you and Dean kissed.” He said. I nodded. “Did that just slip your mind when we talked or was it a big secret?”

I shrugged. “I was just confused. I didn’t know what happened to be honest. I was dealing with it.”

Sam sighed. “Just promise me that I won’t be walking in on you two… you know…”

I laughed. “Trust me, Sam. Dean and I aren’t going in that direction.” Dean finally came back a second later, but it felt like a long time.

“Alright, she had got to be the most well-adjusted person on the planet.” Dean said sarcastically.

“You said ‘cristo’?” Dean nodded. “And?”

“There’s not demon in her. There’s not demon getting in her.”

I sighed. “So if it’s on the plane, it can be anyone and anywhere.” The plane started shaking and I grabbed Dean’s arm, my nails practically digging into his skin.

“Come on!” Dean said. “That can’t be normal!”

Sam tried to calm us. “It’s just a little turbulence.”

Dean looked down at his arm and moved my hand into his so he wouldn’t draw blood. “Look, Sam, this plane is going to crash. Quit treating us like we’re kids.”

“You need to calm down.”

“Well, I’m sorry. I can’t.”

“Yes, you can.” Sam assured.

“Sam, stow the touchy-feely, self-help yoga crap. It’s not helping.”

“Dean, calm down.” I interrupted him. “If you continue with this level of anger, you could very well be the demon’s next target.” The look he gave me next told me that he was insanely scared. “Dean, please, calm down.” I begged. He looked at me and took a deep breath and let it out slowly. I squeezed his hand.

“Good.” Sam said. “No, I found an exorcism in here that I think it gonna work – the Ritual Romano.”

“What do we have to do?”

The boys decided to talk about how that was going to happen. I quickly zoned out, focusing on Dean’s hand in mine. He started moving his thumb in small circles over mine. I leaned by head back against the seat and breathed deeply. Trying to keep Dean on good terms was getting hard, when all that he did, made my heart beat out of my chest. I wanted him to hold me, to wrap his arms around me and just keep me there. But there he was, getting out of his seat again, to stroll the aisle with his EMF detector. I sighed, wishing he would just stay, but his hand left mine. I closed my eyes to focus on my breathing. After feeling Sam get up though, I really started to lose my cool. I was now sitting all alone. I did try to control myself so that I wouldn’t get possessed, but it was hard. I watched Dean and Sam. They had a few words before Dean focused on his EMF reader in his hand. He looked forward, and a pilot looking guy, came out of the bathroom. I heard Dean say ‘Cristo’ and the man turned to face them. That was the first time, I had seen the black eyes since the day we got Sam.

I got up out of my seat, reluctantly and went up to Sam and Dean. “Please tell me that I didn’t just see that.” Dean and Sam turned quickly, not realizing that I had walked up to them. They both sighed, giving me my answer. “Damn.” I groaned. I took a deep breath, calming my thoughts to think logically about the next step. “Alright. I say that we try and get Amanda to get the pilot back here and we go from there.” I turned and moved back towards Amanda, not waiting for a response.

“She’s not gonna like this.” Sam warned. I didn’t care. I was not going down with this plane. We entered the back and Amanda turned, looking at Dean.

“Oh, hi.” She said. “I hope the flight’s not too bumpy for you.”

“Actually,” I said, stealing the spotlight from Dean. “That’s what we need to talk to you about.”

“Um, okay. What can I do for you?” Dean said something about a ‘truth is out there speech,’ and the boys decided just to get straight to the point, telling her that ti wasn’t a mechanical failure. She tried to leave, but Dean stopped her. He went into further detail saying that the pilot from the last flight was dead. She gave in saying something about a man with black eyes. Dean asked her to go get the copilot without any explanation. She said something about her job and I perked up.

“Honey, you’re gonna lose a lot more than your job, if you don’t go get him.” I said, seriously, done with all the run around. She finally agreed and went to get the copilot.

“Way to be gentle about it, Ken.” Dean said.

“Yeah, well I wanna get off this damn plane alive.” We watched as she walked up there to get him and come back. We readied everything, Dean standing closest to the curtain, Sam digging through his father’s journal, and I held the bottle of holy water. When the pilot came through the curtain, Dean turned and punched him in the face, sending the man flying to the floor. Dean climbed over him, forcing him to stay on the floor and taped his mouth shut. Amanda started panicking but Sam put a stop to it, telling her to keep watch. I sprayed some of the holy water on him and he started to get burn-like splotches all over his stomach. It was definitely him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, so I know and I'm sorry about this being a little short, but I might have big plans for the next chapter, so don't hate me. And honestly it's probably only a hundred something words short. Anyways that's it. So, yeah.

Subscribe, comment, and do all that jazz because I love feedback of all kinds. Thanks. :)