Status: If any errors are found, please let me know. Much appreciated.

Lost Lies

Prologue

I ran as fast as I could down the alley, dodging garbage cans and garbage that was littered on the floor. It was harder in high heels and dressed in a long red gown when trying to run, but that was all I could do: run from what was running after me.

I heard Alex’s howl in the distance and cringed when I heard his whimper follow it.

As I ran I could feel my hair slowly falling out of its bun I’d styled it in for the winter University dance - which went terribly wrong when I was chased out the building (in front of everybody) by a bunch of demons and a furious Casper.

I knew people were going to start talking about what they saw, what they witness, what they ran from, but the power was no longer in my hands.

I was doomed one way or another.

I was directed to run as fast as I could to the nearest church of Danny and Alex. I didn’t understand why but I followed their orders to go to the church by taking back alleys in order to keep from being seen by Casper and his army of demons.

I skidded to a stop at the end of the alley, tumbling straight into Casper’s arms. He shoved me into the arms of two of his demon servants, fiercely. I began to kick and scream for help, but my screams were muffled by a thick strip of duct tape; I was still able to kick until my ankles were taped together.

In the end, I gave up struggling and fell limp in the men’s arms, staring deep into Casper’s black eyes… the eyes of a demon; a demon trying to kill me for no apparent reason.

“Sorry to cut the chase short, I was kind of having fun,” Casper mocked. “Anyway, I’m not here to play games. I’m here to take the power you hold.”

I gave him a confused look. I didn’t understand what he meant by ‘the power you hold’.

By the look plastered on my face, I must have done a really confused look or either way he knew I didn’t understand and just wanted to mock my lack of knowledge, because he chirped, “Oh, oh, you don’t know do you?

“I thought your little lover boy Alex might have told you the whole story, or even your good friends Danny, Cara and Evangelina, oops that’s right, Evangelina betrayed you,” he laughed.

“Have you ever wondered why Alex came into your life? Or how the other two did? By sheer luck?

“I’m sorry to burst your bubble, but it’s not that. Alex, Danny and Cara only entered your life to get close to you as possible, and why I hear you ask? Well you, my dear, hold a great deal of power and it’s running right through your veins now, but there’s one problem: I want it for myself.

“As does Danny, your lover Alex and your two best friends, no wait, scrap that best friend. If we kill you we gain every ounce of your power, whether you like it or not . . . and I am going to get it whether you like it or not.”

He burst into hysterical laughter and the two demons gripping me began to laugh too, making me squirm at the noise of the crackling laughter as it grew louder and bounced off the trash cans and walls.

Casper had just answered all the questions that had been mocking me and tearing my mind apart ever since I met Alex, Danny and Casper and found out what Evangelina and Cara really are. What made Alex come in my life and everyone else at that matter; do they want anything from me? Why am I so important to them? All the answers linking together, a piece at a time like a puzzle, but there were still pieces missing in the picture, a big piece that need filling in soon, before I go mad. The main thing that will haunt me till I find out.

Who am I really?