Status: If any errors are found, please let me know. Much appreciated.

Lost Lies

Chapter Twenty-Three

“This car is a load of junk,” Cara sighed.

Besides us music trickled out of the club, which slowly trickled in semi drunk customers. Many whooped and hollered as they shoved there mates into the club. I got quite a few whistles and a few chat ups, as I tried to fix the car.

Each time, Alex would grab the guys’ collar and dangle them in the air and growl at them to leave me alone or pay the price, leaving the rest of the group shaken.

I was stood beside Alex, the hood of the car propped up, our heads stuck inside, examining what could be wrong. Cara and Evangelina were perched on the roof of the car singing to a song bursting from my phone.

We were a ten minute drive from our destination, according to Danny, but it was a twenty minuet walk.

“So grease monkey, what’s wrong with the car,” Alex asked, wrapping his arm around my waist.

“Call me grease monkey again and I will smother you in oil,” I threatened lightly.

“Whoa, resisting the temptation of a life time here,” Alex growled in delight.

“Get a room,” Danny hollered out the car window.

“Shut up and try the engine again,” I called over the hood.

Danny turned the key and the engine struggled to sputter to life, only to come to a coughing halt.

“Well I am sorry to say Alex, your cars busted,” I said, leaning in for another look, when I noticed pieces of the engine missing.

“What the hell?”

“What’s wrong Winter,” Alex asked, leaning in beside me.

“There’s pieces of the engine missing, it’s a wonder that it made it this far.”

I pulled my head out from under the hood, Alex following, before slamming it shut.

“Don’t you guys have car insurance or something?” I asked Alex.

“No, we’re angels, vampires and werewolves we don’t expect this to happen.”

“Looks like were walking guys,” I sighed, heading to the back of the car to wipe of the oil on my hands.

I closed the boot of the car, with a thud and headed back to Alex, who was helping Cara and Evangelina of the roof of the car.

“One min guys, I am just going to take my shoes of now that we have to walk,” I called kneeling down to take of my heels.

After taking of my heels, I gasped when I stood up to find Alex, Danny, Cara and Evangelina had vanished.

“Guys,” I called.

“You lost beautiful,” a drunken male voice asked from behind.

I turned around to find a tall lean man, in his twenties, lent on Alex’s car, a bottle of whisky in his hand. He wore a blue checker shirt, which was unbuttoned halfway down his chest, baggy denim jeans, ripped at the knees. He had blond short back and sides, with dazzling blue eyes, with a pale tone.

“No, I was with someone, but they have seemed to have disappeared,” I said politely, reaching to grab my phone of the top of the car, which stopped playing music.

“Well I don’t see anyone around,” he grinned, leaning in next to me, stroking my hair.

“Move,” I growled, batting away his hand.

“Hmm I have a fighter on my hands, too bad you can’t do much with that pretty broken hand of yours,” he whispered, pushing me up against the car, with his body, his hand resting just above my head.

His arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer to him, his drunken breath on my neck, as he began to kiss my neck.

“I have a boyfriend,” I blurted, trying to shove him away.

“Well your boyfriend will never know,” he whispered in my ear, his lips moving over mine.

“Get off of me,” I cried, struggling to push him away.

“Alex,” I screamed.

“Hush baby, your friend Evangelina sent me to kill you, but I like to toy with pretty girls first,” he murmured against my lips.

“What?” I chocked.

“You heard me,” he growled, gripping my waist tighter and dragging me into the club, his hand over my mouth, muffling my screams.

I choked on the stench and the fumes, my eyes watering from the strong smell of, smoke mixed with B.O, booze, sick and other things I didn’t tend to think about.

The dancers ignored my pleading looks as I was dragged through the back of the club and up a set of stairs into a dark candle lit room, with no windows and a scrappy king size bed.

He shoved me to the floor, as he locked the door behind us. I landed with a thud and I rolled onto my back, with a groan.

“She can’t have,” I muttered.

“Your friend told me about you,” he purred.

“It can’t be true,” I muttered, pushing myself to a standing.

“Sorry sweet heart, but yes your friend betrayed you,” he smiled, unbuttoning the rest of his top.

I backed up slowly, tripping backwards onto the bed.

Before I could push myself up, I was pinned to the bed, my arms above my head, my legs trapped between his.

“Let. Go. Off. Me,” I cried, struggling against his grip.

“Hmm,” he purred, his tongue tracing my collar bone.

I shuddered under his touch, as he grabbed for a blade out of his jean pocket and used it to cut open my dress.

“How can you do this,” I spat.

“Do this,” he murmured, before he ripped of the dress pulling it from under me and flinging it on the floor.

A seconded later, there was a bone shattering thud and he collapsed on top of me, with a moan.

“I don’t appreciate people hurting my girl,” Alex’s growl, came from the room.

“Get him of me please,” I moaned.

“You, ok?” Alex asked, rolling the body of mine and helping me up.

Alex pulled me into a hug and I buried my face into the hollow part of his neck.

I nodded.

“Here,” he said, ripping the fin blanket of the bed and wrapping it over my shoulders.

“I’m resisting not push you up against the wall and kiss you until you pass out in my arms,” He whispered, nibbling at my ear, but I wasn’t in the right state of mind for it.

“You disappeared, you all disappeared and then he . . . then he,” I couldn’t finish my sentence, the thought of Evangelina betraying me, was to heart wrenching.

“It’s ok,” Alex whispered against my lips, as he scooped me of the ground and into his arms.

“Where did you guys go,” I asked, as Alex made his way down stairs.

“Evangelina knocked us out and dumped us in an alley,” Alex muttered.

“It’s true then,” I sighed.

Alex nodded sadly, hugging me tighter to him.

“Guys I found her,” Alex shouted over the music.

“Whoa, what happened to her?” Cara asked, as her and Danny pushed through the crowed.

“One of Evangelina’s doings, a drunken man, who likes to toy with girls before killing them,” Alex explained, as they pushed through the crowed, to the exit.

“I want to go home,” I shivered, as we stepped out into the cold winter’s air.

“How are we going to get home though,” Danny asked.

“What about we go for a fly,” Cara suggested

“Yeah, great suggestion, but there’s a problem,” Danny said sarcastically.

“What is that?” Cara frowned, put her hands on her hips.

I rolled my eyes; even I wasn’t that stupid to understand what Danny was on about.

“Well, ehm, two of us, ehm, we no fly no,” Danny said dumbly, pointing to his self and me.

“Oh yeah,” Cara said stupidly, only just realising.

“I will carry you,” she beamed at Danny suddenly. “And Alex can carry Winter.”

“We have no other option. We’re miles from home,” Alex pointed out.

“Fine,” Danny muttered.

“We need an alley to take off, or we are going to get caught,” I yawned.

“True,” Danny muttered, still not pleased.

“There’s an alley beside the club,” I pointed out.

We began to head towards it quickly, before anyone noticed us.

“Ready Winter?” Alex asked, kissing the crown of my head.

I nodded tiredly.

“You ready Danny,” Cara said a bit too brightly, wrapping her arms round his waist.

“Yeah,” Danny grunted.

“Don’t be a bubble burster,” she gleamed, her glorious white wing sprouting high above her head, before she bent her knees and shot of into the sky.

I closed my eyes, when I heard a loud whoosh. I opened my eyes and smiled at Alex’s golden coloured wings.

“There beautiful,” I crooned, running my fingers over the soft individual feathers, which ranged from all sizes.

“Not as beautiful as you,” he crooned back, before pushing his self into the air, with a spin.