Status: If any errors are found, please let me know. Much appreciated.

Lost Lies

Chapter Twenty-Six

We sat side by side, Danny’s arm around my shoulders and my head on his shoulder, flicking through old photos, laughing and talking, Danny explaining things I didn’t understand, until I felt myself nod of and fall asleep on his shoulder. It wasn’t until I woke up in Alex’s bed, that I remembered that I did.

“Hello beautiful,” Alex smiled, when I rolled over and noticed him leaning beside me.

“Put a shirt on, you show of,” I yawned, pushing him in the chest, before crushing my face into the pillow.

“Come on, it’s time to get up,” he said, rolling me to face him.

“What time is it,” I mumbled, rubbing my eyes.

“About dinner time, Danny and Cara have gone to Uni leaving us alone together,” he growled, a very inviting smile on his lips, as he traced my chin with his finger.

“Hmm it all sounds very tempting, but I think I need a bit more convincing,” I said, grinning furiously.

“Hmm, would this convince you,” he murmured, pressing his lips to mine.

“Depends how good you are,” I said, nibbling my lip.

“I don’t know, depends how bad you want me,” he murmured, his kiss trailing down to my neck.

“This much,” I laughed pushing him of the bed.

He landed with a thud and began to laugh as he said, “Oh you’re done for after that.”

“If you can catch me that is,” I called, as I rolled out the bed and ran up the stairs.

“A bit of a silly question,” he grinned, leaning at the top of the basement steps.

I stopped two steps down from him, twirling a strand of hair round my finger.

“So Alex, what do you have planned for us today, since we are skiving off Uni?”

“Come here and then I will tell you,” he said, using his finger to summon me to him.

I slowly made my way to him, closing the gap between us, Alex closing the gap for good, by hooking his fingers in the belt loops, of the jeans Danny found for me to wear, the night before.

“So?”

“Hmm, you know, whatever you want I suppose,” he said, backing us into the living room.

“Or we do what you want to do.”

“That would mean you, me, in my room,” he growled, pressing a teasing kiss on my lips.

“Inviting offer, but tragically I can’t accept,” I sighed.

“I know, because you’re not ready,” he groaned, looking away.

I pressed my hands to his cheeks and turning his head to face me.

“Not that I don’t want to, I’d love to, but I’m still upset over losing Chris, it’s hard for me, but I made a promise to Chris and I don’t like breaking it.”

“I understand,” he sighed, turning his head and kissing the palm of my hand.

“So what do you want to do first?” he asked, his hands sliding down to my waist and began slowly swaying from side to side, his face buried in the hollow of my neck.

“Make me lunch, that’s what. I’m starving over here,” I familiar Irish girl called.

“You always seem to pop up at the wrong times don’t you,” I scorned, turning my head to look at her.

She was perched on the edge of the kitchen table, her legs crossed, wearing a black leather mini dress, a bit too high for my liking, with matching knee height high heel leather boots.

“Humph, someone’s a tad cranky today,” she sighed, pushing herself of the table, her over the top curly red hair, bouncing fiercely as she walked.

“That’s because you showed up.”

“Pleasing,” she said smugly, stopping before us, her hands on her hips.

“Go away Sarah,” Alex growled, his face still in the hollow of my neck.

“How rude, especially when I bring good tidings.”

“You’re leaving,” I said cheerfully.

Alex laughed, lifting his head up to look at me and then to Sarah, who crossed her arms and frowned.

“Funny,” she laughed sarcastically.

“No I was being serious, you’re leaving,” I said flatly, pointing to the door, my expression showing bitter anger.

“I’ll leave, when I have given you these,” she frowned, pulling out four small pieces of paper from her mini black handbag.

“What are they?” Alex asked, taking them from her and holding between us.

Sarah tapped the paper, as she said, “They are tickets into the dance tonight, Danny sent me with them, I also hear your family’s in a bit of trouble, but I have took care of that.”

“How?” Alex and I asked as one.

“Oh you know, by a few rift raff’s I know, who were willing to watch over them,” she smiled.

“That doesn’t sound very convincing,” I said.

“Trust me dear, their safe. If any harm comes to them, you can personally stake me.”

“Happily,” I muttered, with a roll of my eyes.

“Now, I must be going. Sorry for disturbing your . . . moment,” she called, as she headed to the front door.

“Bye it was nice seeing you Winter,” she called sarcastically.

“Bite me bitch,” I called back.

She stopped in the door way, looking over her shoulder as she called, “I would, but your type of blood is to,” she paused a moment, tapping her lip with one finger, when she continued, “Your blood type is to sweet, for my liking.”

She began to leave again, when she stopped, looking over her shoulder once more, as she called, “And oh, by the way Alex, I fixed your car.”

With a wink and a pout of her lips, she disappeared.

“Urg, I really don’t like her,” I groaned, banging my head against Alex’s chest.

“Hey,” Alex said, cupping a hand under my chin and turning my head to look at him.

“You shouldn’t hate her, the girl tries, even though she is a snob,” he smiled, teasing me with a slow sweet kiss.

“She always seems to pop up when were alone together, it’s irritating,” I hissed, against his lips.

“Shut up and kiss me,” he murmured, pressing his lips fiercely against mine, one hand sliding up my back, his fingers tangling in my hair, his other hand sliding down to my waist and pulling me as close as possible.

Alex began to move us towards the sofa, not letting go, even when he lay me down, his hands gracefully moving over my body. I gasped for air, when his mouth began to trail down my neck, to my collar bone.

“Alex, what are you doing,” I moaned in pleasure, as he trapped my body between his legs and began trailing his lips down my chest.

“Showing how much you mean to me,” he murmured, his lips trailing back up to mine.

“I-I-I -” I moaned again, when I felt Alex’s tongue trail up my neck and his hands up my shirt.

“A-Alex, don’t,” I begged, struggling to resist his pull.

He moaned softly, before he sighed and knelt up over my body.

“Sorry,” he whispered, looking away. “It’s hard to resist you, it’s bad enough forcing it on you,” he growled at his self.

“It’s ok,” I said reassuringly, pushing myself up on my elbows.

“No it’s not, I’m an animal,” he growled, dragging his hand down his face.

“No, it’s human.”

Alex laughed bitterly, a deathly smile spread amongst his lips, when he looked at me and sighed, “Thank you.”

“For what?”

“For helping me control the monster, burning and raging inside me. Since you first met me, you saw a whole different person in me; I saw it in your eyes. Every time I was around, something changed in you and whatever you felt, I seem to feel to, like I was meant to be with you. You saved me from losing myself again.”

“I . . . I don’t know what to say.”

“Don’t say anything but this, do you love me the way I love you?” he asked, leaning forward and pressing his forehead against mine, his hands pressed against my cheeks.

“If you promise to never let me go, no matter how hard the journey is?”

“Until the very end,” he smiled, sealing the promise with a familiar kiss, so delicate and long, I feared that there was no return, until he pulled away for air and smiled fiercely, making me blush like crazy.

Our hearts were locked in each other’s hands, never letting go, always holding on to one another, until the end.