Status: Complete

In Love With a Criminal

1/6

“Nick, is that him?” Nick nodded as four swat members led the man out of the house. He wore only a pair of blue jeans. He was quite a build to be in his 40’s. He had to keep in shape to be that lean; nothing was well defined but he was clearly muscular. Clyde and Nick met eye to eye while passing each other, making the whole place seem chilly. I kept my eyes on Clyde as he was being put inside the police car, until his gaze caught mine. His greyish-green eyes tore through me, my stomach in knots. His face was well featured and very strong. He was a handsome man; in for what he had done.
“Hello,” Nick asked.
“What?”
“Did you hear me?” I shook my head and Nick told me that we were leaving. Many thoughts ran through my head as Nick walk away from me. I joined Nick a few years ago after my best friend’s cousin was killed. The police won’t do much to help; their reason was there were bigger cases to solve. I had heard about Shelton’s case and looked through the files. It was horrible what had happened. Nick thought he was doing what was best by letting Darby get away like he did, but I believe both Darby and Ames deserved death row. This man, Clyde, they believed he killed Ames and tortured Darby, which led to his death.

I watched as Nick and the woman I had never seen before, got into their car. She seemed to be in her late 20’s, with long, black flowing curls that went just past her shoulders. Her eyes were the color of the sky before a storm. Her body was lusciously curvy; she had some meat on her bones. She was wearing a pair of black slacks with a white blouse that lay open a little, exposing her soft cleavage. She really was a beautiful woman. I could feel my chest tighten then release when we had caught each other’s gaze. I hadn’t felt that way in a long time, ten years to be exact. “Hey, who is that woman in the car with Nick?” I asked the police officer.
“That is Emma Adams; she’s the lawyer who got assigned to Nick.” No matter what, I had a task at hand that needed to be taken care of. However, this Emma Adams put a twist in the plot by showing up. This could be very interesting; we’ll just have to see whose side she’s actually on. Is she as guilty as the others?


After we had picked Clyde up, we headed towards the prison. We tried to get him to talk but he wouldn’t unless we got him a bed. It all seemed to be a mess; he was just being ignorant. “Emma, I want you to talk to him. See if you can get through.” Jonas said.
“She can’t!” Nick demanded.
“I will try,” I said. Quickly I grabbed a bracelet, and left the room. I walked down the corridor to the steel door that would take me into Clyde’s world. I felt nervous, for reasons I didn’t know. What could he possibly do to me? He doesn’t know me, and I don’t know him. I stepped in, hearing the door shut. I took my seat across from him at the table. “Hello Clyde, my name is Emma.”
“Hello.”
“I am going to turn the camera off so we can talk more privately.” I said, shutting down the cameras as I spoke. He didn’t take long to start talking.
“How long have you been with Nick?”
“I’ve been working with him for five years now.”
“Why are you here?”
“They think I can reason with you.”
“So you’re just a pawn, one of their little bitches that does whatever they want.” He fixed me with a challenging gaze.
“Excuse me? I am not a fucking pawn. I chose to be here. I read about your damn case, I even agreed with what you did. They were monsters and they deserved everything that they got.” I paused a moment, letting the silence fall between us. “I brought you something, just a little gift.” I toss him the bracelet. The one that belonged to him, with the name Daddy etched across it, given to him by his daughter. I stood and began to walk away, still fuming. “I won’t deal with this shit from you.”
“Wait!” Clyde yelled; I turned to look at him. “You’re a fierce one.” My anger rose again; did he even remotely have anything that I wanted to hear? “And a nice tight ass,” he said with a smile.
“You’re not the man I thought you were.” I said through clenched teeth.
“People change; life changes us.”
“Your daughter would be ashamed.”
“You don’t know a fucking thing about my daughter!” He screamed, jumping up from his seat. Fear rose in my heart as I saw the rage in his eyes. Thank God he was semi-restrained otherwise he probably would have killed me. I don’t know why, but I mouthed to him that I was sorry, and that I shouldn’t have gone there. I wasn’t for sure if he had heard me, but I left him standing there as I took my leave.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy the story please comment