Status: Complete

In Love With a Criminal

4/6

I stood there, watching them lower Sarah’s casket into the ground. The pain I felt was unbearable. I love Clyde, but he took someone close to me. The ceremony was very beautiful; I wish we didn’t have to do this. It was all starting to become too much for me. “Are you ready, Emma?” I turned to see Nick waiting for me. I walked after him until we got to the three black SUV that we were riding in. It must have looked just like a scene from a FBI movie; they always drove the black cars. I started to get in with Jonas when Nick hollered over at me. “Come join me!” He had more room in his SUV for me, so I did. We drove down the road to get out of the cemetery. The place was elegant; at least Sarah was buried in a good place. Suddenly the cars stopped. My eyes wondered around, seeing nothing.
“What’s that?”
“Get down!” I lowered down into my seat; I could hear the gun going off. It kept shooting out bullets as tears started falling down my face. I was sobbing like crazy; I’m not made for this kind of stuff. The shooting silences and we got out of the car. Nick kept screaming Jonas’ name over and over again, telling him to get out of the car. The SUV exploded, I screamed. Clyde killed Jonas in front of my eyes. I was supposed to be in that car. Did he know that? Was he trying to kill me too? I felt sick to my stomach, and I threw up. I just wanted to hide away in my bed.
I was back at home in my apartment. Everyone wanted cops at my door, but I told them no. I just wanted to be alone. I was sick from all this death. I had thrown up a few more times but finally I had stopped. I felt relieved. I changed into a t-shirt for night clothes; there was a knock at the door. I walked over to answer it, opening the door. I slammed the door shut in Clyde’s face, hoping it hurt. I turned away and walked away when the door opened. I am such a dumb-ass that I forgot to lock it. “What the fuck?” He asked.
“Get out now!”
“Why?
“You killed my best friend! Today I saw you kill Jonas, right in front of my eyes!”
“I told you I will bring down the system no matter what.”
“Even if that includes me,” I yelled, bewildered.
“What?”
“I was supposed to be in the same car as Jonas, but Nick asked if I wanted to sit with him and I did. I was supposed to be killed! You tried killing me! If it weren’t for Nick I’d be six feet under! Did you know I was supposed to be in the car?” I yelled. Clyde only gave me silence, just like the guns before the explosion. He knew I was going to be in there. His silence said it all. “Get the fuck out, you sick bastard!”
“Emma?”
“I hate you! I can’t believe I thought I loved you! Get out now! I never want to see you again!” He sighed in defeat and left.

I couldn’t believe I had screwed it up this bad. She thought I was trying to kill her. I didn’t know what car she’d be it, I was only checking for Jonas. She must be afraid of me now. She said she couldn’t believe she thought she loved me. My heart aches so much. I had one plan in motion and then she came along. My plan wasn’t to fall in love. It wasn’t supposed to be this way, it was only supposed to be destroyed the corrupt. All I destroyed was her love for me. As long as I am doing this, I can’t be with her. No matter how much it kills me to say that.
♠ ♠ ♠
if i get alot of read and people like I will make sequel to this story