Status: Complete

In Love With a Criminal

5/6

Positive. Positive. Positive. That is what they all said; all fifteen of them. Positively pregnant; how did this happen? Well I know how it happened, but why? I could go to jail if anyone found out, but they would all find out sooner or later. How long could you hide a pregnancy? I have to tell Clyde, how he would react to it after everything that had happened. He could have killed me. He had to know what car I was in, or did he not know? My mind is telling me to just walk away, but my heart is saying not too. I would love to have a child, but now my life is over. I am going to jail and my child is going to be taken. God, I have to tell Nick. I dialed his number on my cell and waited for an answer. “Nick, I need you to come over here, now.”
“It’s late, Emma.”
“Please?”
“Okay, give me fifteen minutes.” Fifteen minutes later, Nick showed up. I was beyond nervous and felt sick again. Nick was going to be very angry with me. Not just a little angry, but boiling pissed. “What is so important?”
“I’m pregnant!” I blurted out.
“That’s great.”
“No, it’s not. We’re all screwed.”
“How,” Nick asked. His cell phone began ringing and he answered. Slowly he began pacing the room. Whoever was talking to him had something important to tell. He started to hang up, “I have to leave. Tell me later, okay?” He said to me, he left with a sigh of relief. At least this would give me time to speak to Clyde. I changed into my pj’s and headed off to bed.

“Daddy!” Clyde and I ran outside to see our little black haired girl on the ground, crying. Clyde ran over to her to see what was wrong. “Daddy, I fell and hurt my knee.”
“Oh baby, here I’ll kiss it to make it better.” He said, kissing her knee.
“Thanks Daddy!” She said, running off.
“You’re such an amazing dad.” I said to him, walking over.
“She’ll never take the place of my daughter. You two will never be my family,” he said harshly. The blue sky turned into a dark grey as lightning sparked and thunder rumbled.
“Clyde?”
“I will never love you two.”
“Please don’t say that!”
“I won’t. You’re nothing.”

I woke from the horrible dream, my body covered in a cold sweat. It was horrible; would he really feel like that? No, he couldn’t. It was just a dream, right? My heart was aching. I ran my hand across my stomach, softly crying. I cried myself back to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
italic is something important bold is a dream and blue is clyde thoughts