Status: Complete

In Love With a Criminal

6/6

The sky was a dark blue, quite beautiful. It was funny being outside of a prison and looking at the sky. The roads were crazy trying to get here. I didn’t understand why. How could people become so crazy? Oh wait, I know. Boom! Holy crap! Something exploded! I turned to see where the explosion had originated; it was where Clyde was. Sickness gripped me, not the pregnancy sickness, but the sickness of seeing the death of a loved one. Clyde had to be in there. He was dead. My heart felt like it may explode itself. Tears started pouring from my eyes. I ran toward the prison until I hit something. I looked and saw Nick. “Nick, what happened?”
“Clyde was going to bomb the Mayor today at the council meeting so we put the bomb in his cell. We found out he was getting out.” All I could do was scream no. “What’s wrong Emma? What’s wrong?”
“He was the father!
“What?”
“He was the father of my baby!” I cried. I waited for Nick to scream at me, yelling at how I screwed up, but he didn’t. His arms wrapped around me, pulling me into a hug. I cried more.
“I am sorry.”
“Why aren’t you yelling at me?”
“It’s my fault he died. I put the bomb in there.” All I did was cry in his arms till I passed out from emotional exhaustion. Days passed and all I did was cry. I went to the funeral for Clyde but I almost passed out again. My life felt over, but my life was just beginning.
♠ ♠ ♠
complete