Status: Hiatus

With You Is Where I Want to Be

The Hale Fire

"So what happened?" I asked taking off my seat belt, turning in the seat to look over at him. The day light did wonders for Derek; I could finally see his gray-green eyes and his structured scruffy jaw line. I watched while Derek took off his seat belt and turned to look over at me as well, he took a deep breath, preparing himself for this conversation.

"Some night ago my family was sleeping, while I snuck out for a girl. When I was gone a group of people dosed the house in gasoline, setting it on fire. My sister and uncle managed to escape; we were the only ones who survived the fire. Though my mom, dad, aunt, and cousins were home. They didn't survive and it's my entire fault," Derek exclaimed looking away, he was getting choked up. I took a deep breath and reached out to touch his shoulder.

"Derek, I'm so sorry!" I began squeezing his shoulder to assure him I was here for him. "Though don't blame yourself because you didn't know this was going to happen, it wasn't your fault. Whoever did it was messed up; they're the ones who are to blame!"

"The girl I snuck out with only distracted me so her friends could light the house on fire."

"Oh my god people are so cruel, I don't understand. Why would someone do that to you? Derek you have been so nice to me ever since we met," I told him thinking of how he has never been indecent to me. Whoever were the people to harm Derek and his family obviously had a problem beyond dislike and hatred.

"I will never fully understand it either; everyone in town loved my family. And thanks Jessica, it really means a lot because I have never told anyone this before... So what happened to you at school?" Derek asked grinning at the thought of his family; I could tell his family meant everything to him just like my family did to me.

"Allison Argent choked me because she thought I liked her ex boyfriend Scott McCall. Though before she could do any damage I pushed her off of me, but I still ended up passing out because of the lack of oxygen. Now I'm supposed to be on bed rest, at home."

"And no one did anything to stop her?"

"Well Scott and his friend Stiles were there, but they really didn't do anything until it was too late. Something happened and I pushed her off of me."

"What happened?" Derek asked turning his head over, his eyes widened out of curiosity. However I did not really want to tell him, he will think I am crazy if I do. Though he told me his story about the girl he had a crush on and the house fire. It would not be fair if I did not tell him.

"I'm not sure. For a second before I passed out I became angry with all of this new energy, like adrenaline. I remember that I could hear and see everything more clearly, but then I pushed her. Once she hit the ground and fell into Scott's arms I had the urge to hurt her because of what she did, although I fainted before I could do anything."

"With adrenaline anything is possible; it's what your body produces when you're under pressure. Your body knew if it didn't produce extra strength then you could have died, it's called the fight-or-flight response. So don't worry about it, it's a natural process."

"See I'm not even in school and I just learned something new!" I laughed.

"Yeah but you seem fine to me. Why aren't you in school?" Derek asked again, realizing that I was fine and could be in school right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Click here to watch the official Season 3 Teen Wolf trailer.

Click here to see Derek's outfit.

Click here to see Jessica's outfit.

Click here to see Stiles' outfit.

Fact #18: The fight-or-flight response is a reaction activated by the autonomic nervous system, which primes a person for fighting or fleeing.