Status: Hiatus

With You Is Where I Want to Be

Lacrosse

"Hey, did Derek Hale just give you a ride?" Stiles asked looking behind me, probably watching as Derek turned out of the school parking lot. I looked up at him from the grass and decided to lie to him; I did not want him to know I had been with Derek. I just did not want to mess anything up with Stiles; he is such a sweet guy.

"No, I walked here. Why?"

"I don't know, I just thought I saw his black Camaro leave the parking lot."

"Maybe he was picking someone up, like a friend."

"Yeah you're right. He was probably giving Boyd or Erica a ride."

"Erica?" I asked. Who is Erica and why is she friends with Derek? I know I am not supposed to be worried about Derek right now, but my big mouth could not stop itself. I cannot help it, I want to know anything and everything about Derek, he is so mysterious.

"Erica Reyes? She's just a girl that hangs around Derek sometimes, he trains her I think."

"Well he must be a pretty good trainer if he trains Boyd, Beacon Hill's all-star player," I said thinking of what Lydia told me about Boyd, how he basically plays on every sports team. Boyd apparently is the best at every sport, winning a lot of the games for the school. Though Lydia told me Jackson Whittemore is just as good, even better looking. However Jackson moved to London, England with his family this year.

"I guess I don't really see why people like him so much."

"You don't like him, huh?" I smiled, knowing that it was only because of his good looks. I was not going to lie; Derek was a pretty good looking guy. It was that dark and mysterious thing he has going, girls eat that stuff up. I will admit that at least I do.

"Not particularly, I don't see his appeal. Most girls like him, I don't see why."

"Then enough about Derek, show me how to play!" I smiled looking at Stiles, trying to stop talking about Derek. If this is a date, I am probably already making this suck for Stiles. I know that he does not want to talk about Derek or any other guys for that matter.

"Okay, lacrosse is a field game where the objective is to score the most points. Points are scored when a player kicks, nudges, bats, or throws the ball with their stick into the opponents net. So that means players can't use their hands to throw the ball into the net. Now on a basic lacrosse team there are ten players: three attack men, three midfielders, three defenders, and one goalie."

"To play, each team begins with a face off in the center circle; two opponents face each other and try to win possession of the ball. When an official signals each player they can try to win possession of the ball, by passing to another or fighting for the ball. Now when the game begins and one team has possession the object is to get close enough to the opponents net to throw the ball into the net scoring a goal, which will get you one point. Offensive players maneuver down the field toward the goal by running with or passing the ball to a team mate. Players can run the entire length of the field as long as they are not offside's by not leaving enough players in the defensive end. Offensive players can't enter the area that surrounds the goal, which is the surrounding circle where the goalie works. However defensive players can enter that area, though offensive players can also go if they gain possession while they can take the ball out."
♠ ♠ ♠
Click here to see Derek's outfit.

Click here to see Jessica's outfit.

Click here to see Stiles' outfit.

Fact #21: If you ever want to play lacrosse the explanation in this chapter tells you the rules.