Status: Hiatus

With You Is Where I Want to Be

Lacrosse Part II

"Wow that is a lot of info. Though it doesn't sound too complicated, better than playing football," I said thinking of how my dad tried to get me to play American football with him when I was younger. He went through a phase of trying to get me to be his little girl who plays sports with him, though that never fell through. My dad ended up figuring out I was clumsy and not at all athletic.

"We can start by just trying to throw the ball into the net with the stick," Stiles told me as he began to put on padding, then he grabbed a stick with a larger net on the end. "Here this is your lacrosse stick and the ball; now try getting the ball into the goal." I grabbed the ball, putting it into the net on the end of my stick. I griped the end and brought it up, focusing on trying to put the ball into the goal with Stiles standing guard.

"Like this?"

"Yeah, that's how you hold it; now try to throw it in. I will give a free one."

I watched while Stiles stood aside to let me try to throw it in without him standing guard. I focused again grabbing onto the end of the stick tighter than before, bringing it up over my shoulder again. I bent my knees a little looking where I wanted to throw the ball into the goal, I took a deep breath and swung the stick. Stiles cheered as I got the ball into the goal, clapping as he went over to grab the ball. He stepped forward putting the ball back into the net on my stick.

"Now this time try throwing the ball into the net with me standing goalie."

This time using the same technique I stood in front of Stiles who was now standing guard. I watched as Stiles moved back in forth, trying to predict when and where I was going to swing the stick. However I did not know when to swing the stick, so I just decided to go for it and try getting another goal. I brought the stick above my shoulder again, taking a swing at Stiles and the goal. I closed my eyes, I did not want to see if I had made the goal or not. I just knew I did not make it; I do not have a good aim.

"Wow, you're awesome."

I heard cheering and clapping, I opened my eyes and saw Stiles standing there, the ball was in the goal behind him.

"Really?"

"Yeah, you really are. You should try out for the girl's lacrosse team."

"I don't think so, I think that was just a lucky shot," I admitted, knowing that was pure luck. I never once was good at sports, and I knew this was not some miracle.

"Okay then prove it, try again," Stiles told me. I tried making another goal again; doing the same as before I scored. Stiles shrugged, smiled, and then began to cheer for me once more. "See, I told you so. You're good, just accept it Jessica."

"Okay fine, I believe you. Though that doesn't mean I'm going to join the team," I smiled, telling him now matter how much he thought I was good at lacrosse I was never going to join the team. Just because I shot two passed Stiles does not mean I am good. Maybe he is just not a good goalie, who knows. I looked around and noticed that the school parking lot was finally empty, all of the cars were gone except for a blue jeep. "Hey, what time is it?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Click here to see Derek's outfit.

Click here to see Jessica's outfit.

Click here to see Stiles' outfit.

Fact #22: Tonight's episode of Teen Wolf is called Fireflies. Boyd and Derek's sister Cora are under the influence of the full moon; Scott and Derek seek help from an unlikely ally. (6/17/2013)