Status: Hiatus

With You Is Where I Want to Be

Home Part II

"Stiles Stilinski, he was showing me how to play lacrosse."

"Do not lie to me! What is that smell?" My dad said walking up to me, leaning down to smell my neck. Whatever he was doing was scaring me, I did not know what he wanted out of me. I told him why I was at the school and who I was with, except for Derek. I was going to do anything to go around the Derek subject, my dad only needed to know about Stiles. My dad would forbid me from seeing Derek because of his age.

"Father I am telling the truth, I am not on alcohol or drugs. I just stepped out for a little while to get some air. So I went over to the school like I promised Stiles before I was put into the hospital. I am sorry; I know you're worried about me after what happened. I won't sneak out again, you have my word father."

"I trust you my daughter. And I am sorry too, I just lost my temper. I thought you were in trouble that is all. I blame myself; I know it is stressful moving about a great deal. So I promise you that this will be our last move. I have a feeling that my job will acquire me to stay here for a very long time. I will do my best to insure that I keep this promise Jessica."

"Really?" Was all I could say. My dad has never made any promises like this, but maybe that was because he knew all of the other places we moved to were never permanent. The job in Beacon Hills must really like my dad if they want him to become am immobile employee.

"Yes, my employer really likes the labor that I put in."

"I really hope that they let you stay here, I really like it here. I've met some really nice people; I think I'm going to make some good friends here."

"That is good love, though I better get going. My break is almost over and then I need to get back to work, so I will see you later tonight. I love you Jessica," My dad said bending down to kiss my head, instead of smelling me again.

"Okay, I love you too father."

I watched as he left the house, pulling out of the driveway in his black Ford truck. I sighed out of relief that he did not do anything worse, I was glad that he understood me. Though I still did not know what he had meant when he said I had smelled, that is the second time he has said that. However this time I was not drinking or even around people who were under the influence.

In my pocket my cell phone vibrated, I pulled it out and read the notification on the screen. It was Derek, he texted me back with just one word, 'Nothing.'.

"Don't tell me you're bad at texting!" I sent back.

"I gave you my # for emergencies only." Derek texted back. I could not tell by my iPhone, but he seemed rather annoyed.

"Oh. Well I thought we were friends now?"

"Fine, I don't really text that much." He admitted.

"I KNEW IT!"

"What are you doing?" Derek sent, changing the subject entirely.

"Sitting in my bedroom. I got in trouble again."

"For what?"