Status: Hiatus

With You Is Where I Want to Be

After School

Once I finished the notes I packed up my things and did as Mr. Harris told me. I put the packet on his desk, shut off the lights, and I even shut the classroom door behind me. As I entered the hallway I noticed all of the students were gone and mostly all of the classroom doors were shut, no one was here. Not caring I put in my headphones and began to listen to music from my iPhone; I began singing as I reached the stairwell. When my foot stepped onto the stairs, the lights went out causing me to grasp the railing tight.

"Are you serious?" I said looking around me; it was pitch black around me since I was in the stairwell where there were no windows. I took my iPhone and used the screen to see the stairs in front of me; I did not want to fall. I carefully went down the stairs, continuing to grasp the railing tight. Finally when I made it down to the first floor, the lights were still out and it was still dark. "Hello? There is still a student in here," I called out looking around me. I think the janitors were getting ready to lock down the school, which was surprising since I thought it was still pretty early. I continued to walk down the hallway towards the entrance of the school; I began to feel apprehensive as I heard noises in the darkness. "Hello?" No one answered me so I shrugged my shoulders breathing out deeply, there was no one here, and I had nothing to fear. As soon as I reached the entrance I quickly pushed the door open and walked at a fast pace to my car, which was the only one in the student parking lot.

"Thank god," I whispered to myself, reaching my car.

I quickly got out my car keys from my book bag, nervously fiddling with my keys to find the right one, and I dropped them onto the asphalt. I reached down to pick them up, but as I stood back up I swear I saw something move in the distance. I looked forward over my car, I breathed out heavily, seeing an empty grove of trees. "Jessica calm down, breathe, it was just a wild animal. No one is following you, no one is here." At that I subconsciously grabbed the right key, unlocking my car, I began to drive home with the music blasting to distract myself.

When turning into the street of my house I saw that my mom's car was parked back behind the house in the driveway, while my dad's truck was nowhere to be seen. I turned into our long driveway and parked behind my mom's Lincoln. I turned off the ignition, grabbed my book bag, and got out of my car. Turning around I shut the car door and locked it with my keys, once it beeped I turned around to the French doors at the back of the house. I saw my mom inside looking through a cookbook in the kitchen, probably trying to find something to cook for dinner. My dad was always the one to cook dinner when I was younger, I swear he was a culinary arts major in college but he denies it every time. So ever since my dad could not be home in time to cook for dinner my mom has been trying to perfect her cooking skills, to obviously be a better cook than him. I grabbed onto the doorknob with my right hand, looking up at the glass windows I saw myself in the reflection. I looked a little to the right of the window and I swear I saw another dark reflection behind mine. I quickly turned around and again saw nothing just like I had did before. Without realizing it my hand began to move backwards causing me to scream and quickly turn back around. My mom was standing in the threshold with her hand on the interior doorknob, looking at me with a concerned expression.
♠ ♠ ♠
Click here to see Jessica's outfit.

Click here to see Stiles' outfit.

Fact #29: The song that was playing on Jessica's iPhone was When It's Over by Sugar Ray.