Only for a Semester

Chapter 1

“Oh my God, why Korea of all places? Aren’t they like communists and kill outsiders?” Mary asked Alana who rolled her eyes at the typical response from her best friend.

“Love, that’s North Korea I’m not going to the bad part,” Lana replied sarcastically earning a slap on the arm and she laughed. “I’m going to South Korea.”

“But why? I’m going to be lonely this semester. Who am I going to go to parties and make fun all of the drunk idiots making a fool of themselves?”

“You do realize that that was us last time?” Lana shivered at the memory. She didn’t know how her friend encouraged her to drink and she found herself in the middle of the dance floor and doing the worm… in a dress. Long story short, she wasn’t able to show her face on campus for a while.

“Come on you have to admit you had fun. You were the life of the party!”

“More like the entertainment. I will never take advice from you ever again.” Lana smiled as Mary pouted. “Look Mary, I will Skype you every night and tell you about what happened that day. Don’t worry about me.”

“It’s just this is our senior year of college and you’re going away to a foreign country. One that you don’t know much about and I just don’t want you to regret doing this.”

Alana sighed and she thought she would be lying to herself if she didn’t think twice about going to a country where she was pretty sure, really different from America and not just a regular country people think about when studying abroad but she think she needed this. A total removal from here.

“Is this because of Eric? You’re going to Korea to try to forget about him, aren’t you?”

Ah, Eric. Her ex. Her one thought to commit homicide. Eric had used the fact that she has never been in love with anyone and was totally taken with him to his advantage. She did everything in her power for him. Correction, did. He had been with someone the whole time while he used her like a little puppy, wagging her tail and obeying master.

“I’m sorry Lana.”

Alana wiped her tears, “No. you’re right this is partly because of him. I need to go somewhere where there aren’t any ‘Erics’.”

“So you’re going around the other side of the planet? Good plan.”

“Hush.”

***

“Are you sure you can handle this Onew?” Jonghyun asked him worry written all over his face. “This isn’t like adding another appearance to the schedule. You’re going back to college.”

“We know you were like second in your class and this will probably be easier for you than any of us but think about it.” Key chimed in sitting down on the couch next to Jjong.

“Guys. I’ll be okay. I’m not going full time I just want to improve my English skills more formally.”

Onew knew his band members were worrying about how he would be able to manage SHINee and his studies, but they were overreacting just a little. But then again it was Key and Jonghyun.

“You could learn from me.” Key suggested smiling brightly.

“Yes, um that’s okay Key. We all know how it is when you try to teach anyone.” Onew said smirking and shaking his head.

Jonghyun busted out in laughter, “Remember when you tried to teach Taemin how to cook.”

“What? He was doing it wrong.”

“You made the poor boy so nervous he almost blew up our apartment. With instant ramen.” Onew just smiled at Key’s glare. “It’s just for a semester. We are on break and by the time of our next comeback I will be finished.”

His two dongsaengs just sighed. “You are the leader for a reason.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment Prease~!