Hell Is for Heroes

Three

You Are Now Entering New Jersey
I slowly watch the sign come closer and then pass behind me. I already miss Chicago... My father turned the car into a neighborhood.
"This is the new neighborhood!" He said happily. I studied the houses that we were passing. I didn’t see any thing to be happy about. Just a bunch of run down houses. We stopped in front of a two story brick house. It wasn't to awful looking.
"They said this is a pretty safe neighborhood... It used to be one of the worst a couple years ago but they caught the man that was disturbing the peace." He unlocked the car doors and stepped out.
"Well what was he doing?" My mother asked curiously. He shrugged.
"The realtor I talked to didn’t want to get into it. She said if I wanted to know I should ask a neighbor, they would all know plenty." My mothers eye brows knotted together.
"That's odd..." She opened the door and tapped on my window.
"Come on honey. Let's go see the inside." I nod and step out of the car. I survey the surrounding houses as im walking up the front steps. Most of them were pretty nice... All except for one. It was on the left side diagonal from us. The grass was beyond dead and it looked as though someone had set all the trees on fire for they were all black and charred. The shutters were falling off and all the windows had dark curtains pulled across them.
"Frank!" My dad shouted from the door. "Hurry up!" I quicken my pace and step inside.

About two hours later all my necessities were unpacked and I decided to see more of the out side. I stepped out onto the front porch. My eyes instantly drawn to the dead house. This time a down stairs window was open. There was a boy, looking to be around my age, staring back at me. He was sitting in a chair right in front of the window, like he was waiting for something interesting to happen. I looked up and down the rest of the street and decided that the percentage of that happening was about zero to nothing. I sat down on the step and smiled at him. He tilted his head to the side a little, but other then that didn’t make a move. I stayed there watching him for about another five minutes before an eerie feeling washed over me. I went back inside and decided that there was defiantly something off about that house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Number three and still no comment? I was really proud of this story to... Make my day! Comment! Tell me what needs to change!