‹ Prequel: Here and Now
Sequel: Let You In

Love. Sex. Magic.

One

Whitney grumbled to herself as she made her way across the parking garage to the elevators in Patrick's condo building. It was barely 8 in the morning and not only was she awake, but she was dressed, hair fixed, full makeup, when all she wanted to be doing was snuggling in bed with her boyfriend on a lazy summer Saturday morning. Instead, she was answering pleading text messages from her best friend.

She stuck her key in Pat's door and let it swing open. She dropped her purse on the table in the hall and pushed the door closed. "Patty Cakes! I'm home, baby!" She called out, walking towards the bedroom. She shoved the door open and Patrick grinned at her, running a hand through his short blonde curls.

"Hey babe. You're home early," he said with a cocky smile. The girl beside him clutched the bed sheet to her chest.

"Mrs. Walters next door was kind enough to call to let me know you had company." Whitney kicked her heels off and walked over to the bed. She leaned down and brushed a kiss across Pat's cheek. He pulled her down in his arms and held her against his bare chest. He smiled devilishly at her.

Whitney shook her head at him. She pulled her hair free of its pony tail and shook it out before settling back against his chest. Patrick groaned as she wiggled into place purposely. "I'm Whitney by the way," she said to the girl beside them. She stuck her hand out to her and the girl recoiled. She jumped off the bed and ran for the bathroom, grabbing her clothes and slamming the door behind her.

"You never said anything about a girlfriend!" She yelled from behind the door.

"Fiancé!" Whitney yelled back.

"Oh my god!" The girl came out of the bathroom, struggling into her heels as she made for the front door.

"Where are you going?" Whitney yelled after her. "Do you want breakfast or something? I mean, I'm not usually into girls but I guess you're pretty enough."

"Oh my god!" They heard the front door slam seconds later.

"Patrick Kane!" Whitney bellowed, slapping his fore arm. He rubbed the spot as Whitney climbed off the bed. "You have got to stop with all these dirty girls. You'll never find someone if these are the kind of girls you bring home!"

"I like dirty girls."

"You're such a pig. Hasn't this city run out of dirty girls yet?"

"No, thank God."

Whitney rolled her eyes at him. "No one decent is going to want you with the way you chase tail all over town."

"I don't chase. They chase me. Bitches be dickmatized wherever I go."

"Patrick!"

"What? If I called that girl, she'd come back. She's been dickmatized."

"You don't even know her name, let alone her number."

"Sure I do. It's Crystal....no wait...Krista? Hmm, it might have been Chrissy..."

"See what I mean?"

"Whatever, Whit. I'm young and I'm rich. I'm supposed to have fun."

"You're supposed to grow up. Not run around town dickmatizing every dirty girl that gives you the look!"

"Can't help it I'm so irresistible."

"You're a pain in my ass. I should be at home cuddling in bed with Jon. Instead I'm saving your ass from girls who spend the night that you can't get rid of."

"You love me."

"One day I'm gonna stop," she threatened.

"You say that every time. But you know I can't fend for myself so you don't stop. Plus, I love ya, Whit." He turned his puppy dog eyes on her.

"You owe me breakfast. Get up." He swung his legs off the bed and stood. "Pat!" Whitney shrieked, covering her face and turning away from him. "Put some fucking clothes on!"

An hour later, Whitney let herself into Jon's condo and collapsed onto the couch across her boyfriend. "I hate Pat," she announced.

Jon chuckled. "You don't."

"I might."

"What'd he do this time?"

"Brought home another girl that he needed help getting rid of. That's the third one this month!"

"That's just Pat."

"Please talk some sense into your friend," Whitney begged.

"If that would work, I would've done that a long time ago."

"Ugh! He needs a girlfriend." Whitney sat upright. "He needs a girlfriend...." She jumped off the couch. "Jon! He needs a girlfriend!"

"Yeah, you said that." He watched the expression change in her face and the glint in her eye appear. "Whitney, whatever you're thinking, don't."

"It's perfect, Jon. He needs a girl who isn't going to fall for his shit, that will make him work for it."

"That won't get dickmatized?"

"Yes! Oh my god, I'm brilliant! I know exactly what to do!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Since 66 of you have subscribed to this with just a summary page (THANK YOU!), I figured I'd throw you a little something....also, I just really wanted to use the word dickmatized again. ;)

This is very slow going for me and I really have not written a whole lot and truly hesitate to post at all. I hate to start something and leaving you hanging if I get writers block.That said, I hope to post a chapter a week to start out and when things start rolling for me, then I'll try to post more often. Please let me know your thoughts, good, bad, or ugly. I hope you enjoy these characters as much as I do.