‹ Prequel: Here and Now
Sequel: Let You In

Love. Sex. Magic.

Two

Whitney chewed on the end of her pen as she considered the words she had written. She back spaced and changed the sentence. She stared at it, reading the words again.

"Whatcha doing?" Jon asked, dropping his bag by the front door. He walked over to the kitchen table and bent down to kiss her. He read over her shoulder. "Is that what I think it is?"

"A personal ad? Yes it is."

"Whit..."

"I have to do something Jon! That girl he brought to Duncan's birthday party last week was wildly inappropriate! I'm pretty sure he found her at a strip club."

Jonathan sighed. "He did find her at the strip club."

"Gross!"

"He's your best friend."

"He's your best friend too," Whitney countered. "Don't you want Patrick to find a nice, non dirty girl to go out with? Someone we could double date with?"

Jon shuddered at the memory of the one and only time they had gone on a double date with Patrick. He still wasn't convinced the girl had even been legal and he never wanted a repeat of the night. "Let me read it." Whitney stood up and Jon took her seat. He pulled her into his lap and began to read.

My best friend needs a girlfriend. I know that sounds crazy but its true. I'm sick of bailing him out of situations he can't get out of. I'm sick of him wasting his time with every dirty girl in Chicago so if you're a dirty girl, please step away now. My best friend is handsome as hell, delicious really but a total playboy. So if you can get past his reputation, keep reading. He's sweet and funny and generous. He's one of the best people I know...when he's not acting like a stupid boy. The guy I know cares deeply for his family and friends but brings his work home with him. It's a give and take but if you can roll with the changes, you'll survive. Plus you'll have me to help you deal. So here's how this is going to work: if you're not a dirty girl (and I have damn good dirty girl radar so don't bother if you are) and can handle being screened by me, the best friend, then send a picture and tell me about yourself. I know it's vague but its the way it's gotta be. He's athletic and fit, the life of the party and like I said, super cute. So come on ladies! What does Chicago have to offer???

"Are you sure about this?" Jonathan asked her.

Whitney nodded. "Positive. It's gonna work. I know it."

~*~*~


"Delete. Delete. Delete. Maybe. Delete. Delete." Whitney groaned and put her head down on the table. "Fucking dirty girls."

"Dirty girls? Where?" Viktor asked, dropping into the chair next to Whitney at the coffee shop. He grabbed her iPad from her hands and scrolled through the responses to her personal ad. "What the hell is this?"

"I took out a personal ad," Whitney answered, reaching for the tablet. Viktor held it out of her reach.

"I was unaware you were a lesbian."

Whitney sighed. "Can you keep a secret?"

"Of course I can."

"Fine, I'll tell you but if Pat finds out, I'll know it's because you told him."

"You're about to impart some great secret to me that Tazer doesn't know?"

"Of course he knows. He just knows he'll be cut off if he tells."

"And who wants that?" Viktor teased.

"Do you want to know or are you going to be an ass?"

"Spill it, I'm ready."

"Ok, so, I made this personal ad...wait." She snatched the iPad back from Viktor. She scrolled through and handed it back to him. "Just read it." Viktor nodded and took it, reading the ad Whitney had posted. He blinked and looked up at Whitney.

"Jon knows about this?" He asked, scrolling through the responses.

"Yes..."

"And he approves?"

"Not exactly..."

Viktor stopped, reading one of the responses. "How do I send myself this one?" He asked, turning the iPad towards Whitney.

"Viktor!" Whitney grabbed her tablet away from him. "If you want me to find you a girlfriend, all you have to do is ask."

Viktor laughed. "If this is how you're gonna find me a girlfriend, I think I'll pass."

Whitney pouted. "I'll find someone for Patrick. I know I will. You just gotta have faith."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello readers and subscribers! I'm still sort of blown away by how many of you are subscribed to this and that that number doubled after putting up the first chapter. Hugs to all of you! I love these characters and I hope you do too. Hope you'll enjoy this update; it's short but necessary. As always, your comments are appreciated but never required.